WAR AND ITS AFTER EFFECTS

KingofPR

What will you think will happen to any Civilization in this game after a war? Have an internal breackdown? A Coup or Civil War? Or even Poberty after Using all of you're valuable resources?                                                                                                     

War -UH, YEAH - What is it good for? Abzolutely nothing! Say it again y'all!

Except for resources and ego-stroking and the tears of our enemies fueling us , as we erect a monument to Lord Dickbutt where Lil' Timmy used to have his Pikachu statue.

War -UH, YEAH - What is it good for? Abzolutely nothing! Say it again y'all!

Except for resources and ego-stroking and the tears of our enemies fueling us , as we erect a monument to Lord Dickbutt where Lil' Timmy used to have his Pikachu statue.

War has many advantages that you couldnt get with diplomacy,Dude Welcome to humanity you need to know that war makes the strong live and the weak die out

Well, being a weapon's manufacturer, war is all good, no matter who wins.

THat is IF you get people to buy your weapons. You'll have to up-set the cost by exploiting newbie miners who don't know how to haggle, then making a profit by converting the ore-per-weapon ratio and convert the value of the ore into margin of profit. Just sayin'.

The thing is i would think that nations would have their own weapons manufacturer

A nation's strength lies first in autonomy. Being able to produce your weaponry is a key factor to power. Third party assistance is needed for more exotic things your nation lacks access to.

It is also tied to certsin requirements, however, meaning that you have to get to that point or have such an industry first.

I can relate as someone from a particular European nation that ships goods here and there and to some extend outfits other armies with nation specific designs.

I suppose if they ever add weapon creation and customization it may be easier to do, but still. I think one can compare to ships, roughly.

It is also tied to certsin requirements, however, meaning that you have to get to that point or have such an industry first.

I can relate as someone from a particular European nation that ships goods here and there and to some extend outfits other armies with nation specific designs.

I suppose if they ever add weapon creation and customization it may be easier to do, but still. I think one can compare to ships, roughly.

The thing about the Ship Economy is that ships differ, depending on the LUA scripts available. A ship may behave differently than another, and a certain ship may be built script-wise to counter another class of ship. I mean, number-crunching is a thing for games these days and corporate espionage is an ACTUAL thing. A guy may find an intact control node of a battleship, open it up, see how its scripts function and create a ship to counter Ship A's aiming parameters. See? :P Great difference. A gun is a gun. :P

By Civilisation do you mean organisations or cities built with heaps of players inhabiting them?

They're both fairly similar in outcomes, resources and time are lost in either case. An org could grow back a lot faster (Depending somewhat on the leadership) while the city would take a lot more to rebuild, if it wasn't scrapped by the victors/survivors.

Now, Say COPS and HMMR go to war against each other, they're spending a crapton of resources and time fighting each other, this can give a smaller group like DUA the advantage it needs to build up there resources while the two larger orgs are at war. War could easily mean a complete powershift in organisations/civilisations.

(Examples of orgs are just examples, not implying anything).

Dragoon, on 13 Jul 2016 - 7:29 PM, said:Dragoon, on 13 Jul 2016 - 7:29 PM, said:Dragoon, on 13 Jul 2016 - 7:29 PM, said:

"What will you think will happen to any Civilization in this game after a war? Have an internal breackdown? A Coup or Civil War? Or even Poverty after Using all of you're valuable resources?"

Surely this depends whether you are the winner or loser? And also the extent of the damage caused either side, plus the politics that may come into play?

So for instance:

• Will it be possible to destroy other people structures that took time and resources to build?
  • Given this is a "game" and not RL can you really trust allies to help you if you lose (You can't exactly take their sons and daughters captive as in "hostages"  now can you, so how could you enforce loyalty, etc., etc.?                                                                                              

So many unknowns.....