COPS was formed by people who enjoy their freedom but recognise the need to work together for strength, security and a sense of brotherhood/sisterhood. All in all, it's meant to be good fun.

Not wanting to be bring up my obsession with vocabulistics, but the neutral term for brotherhood/sisterhood is Kinship. >_> 

Kinship is a good word, thank you. Much more succinct.  :)

.... NO! ...                  ... MNO! ...

..... MNO!! ...................... MNNOO! ...

..... MMNO! ......................... MNNOO!! .

.... MNOONNOO!   MMMMMMMMMMPPPOII!   MNNO!!!! .

... !O! NNO! MMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPOOOII!! NO! ....

...... ! MMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPOOOOIII! ! ...

........ MMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPOOOOOOII!! .....

........ MMMMMOOOOOOPPPPPPPPOOOOMII! ...

....... MMMMM..    OPPMMP    .,OMI! ....

...... MMMM::   o.,OPMP,.o   ::I!! ...

.... NNM:::.,,OOPM!P,.::::!! ....

.. MMNNNNNOOOOPMO!!IIPPO!!O! .....

... MMMMMNNNNOO:!!:!!IPPPPOO! ....

.. MMMMMNNOOMMNNIIIPPPOO!! ......

...... MMMONNMMNNNIIIOO!..........

....... MN MOMMMNNNIIIIIO! OO ..........

......... MNO! IiiiiiiiiiiiI OOOO ...........

...... NNN.MNO! . O!!!!!!!!!O . OONO NO! ........

.... MNNNNNO! ...OOOOOOOOOOO .  MMNNON!........

...... MNNNNO! .. PPPPPPPPP .. MMNON!........

...... OO! ................. ON! .......

/\

||_____-----_____-----_____

||      O                         O      \

||      O\\         ___       //O      /

||          \\    /   \/   \    //          \

||                |_O O_|               /

||                  ^ | ^                  \

||               // UUU \\               /

||           O//            \\O            \

||         O                    O          /

||_____-----_____-----_____ \

||

Out of curiosity, is there a list of your rules? :P

LOL, why would any self-respecting smuggler dole out their list of rules to the likes of you?!  Besides,  I am the captain of my ship and my rules change according to my mood.  My crew can deal with it or be dropped off on the next asteroid - without their cut!

As for joining COPS, well, as a smuggler, I don't normally socialize a lot.  But in this new universe we are entering, I'd rather partner with the devils I know than bow to some elite with shiny silver stars on his shoulder.   I will not "join the Federation" (or whatever they call themselves in this neck of the galaxy.)  Never been much for getting up at the crack or taking orders all day.  I am my own woman.

However.... I'm not ALL bad.  I may choose to do business with any one of you on the up-and-up at any time .... if it is more profitable to do so.  Or maybe a bribe would be more to your liking...hmm?  We'll just have to see how that all plays out.

Seriously though.  I'm a Landmark player too.  But like my comrades have already said, we didn't plan anything in Landmark.  I, personally never really actually "played" with any of the folks who have joined so far, except maybe a little good ole-fashioned forum PVP from time to time.    But we have seen each others work and if you want to set up a guild full of voxel artists, well, these are the people you want to join up with.  So Kiklix and Lady Astrum have been reaching out to players they know to be like-minded when it comes to game play style.  And I'm very glad they did.  I actually just started playing around with a new sci-fi build in LM so I can hone up my skills  Very excited!! :D

LOL, why would any self-respecting smuggler dole out their list of rules to the likes of you?!  Besides,  I am the captain of my ship and my rules change according to my mood.  My crew can deal with it or be dropped off on the next asteroid - without their cut!

As for joining COPS, well, as a smuggler, I don't normally socialize a lot.  But in this new universe we are entering, I'd rather partner with the devils I know than bow to some elite with shiny silver stars on his shoulder.   I will not "join the Federation" (or whatever they call themselves in this neck of the galaxy.)  Never been much for getting up at the crack or taking orders all day.  I am my own woman.

However.... I'm not ALL bad.  I may choose to do business with any one of you on the up-and-up at any time .... if it is more profitable to do so.  Or maybe a bribe would be more to your liking...hmm?  We'll just have to see how that all plays out.

Seriously though.  I'm a Landmark player too.  But like my comrades have already said, we didn't plan anything in Landmark.  I, personally never really actually "played" with any of the folks who have joined so far, except maybe a little good ole-fashioned forum PVP from time to time.    But we have seen each others work and if you want to set up a guild full of voxel artists, well, these are the people you want to join up with.  So Kiklix and Lady Astrum have been reaching out to players they know to be like-minded when it comes to game play style.  And I'm very glad they did.  I actually just started playing around with a new sci-fi build in LM so I can hone up my skills  Very excited!! :D

I couldn't have said it better Dhara! *raises a glass to the lady smuggler* ^_^

You savages

Depends on whether you're on our good side or not-so-good side  :ph34r:. But to reiterate, we're good guys, unless you cross the wrong side of us, then you might find yourself hounded across the Universe  :P .

Depends on whether you're on our good side or not-so-good side  :ph34r:. But to reiterate, we're good guys, unless you cross the wrong side of us, then you might find yourself hounded across the Universe  :P .

I would say we are more neutral guys than good guys. If I had to make an "organization alignment" it would probably be "Neutral good" with some activities leaning towards "Neutral evil". But this is an off the top of my head thought. I'll have to think about it deeper...and as an organization it's something we should vote on.

. If I had to make an "organization alignment" it would probably be "Neutral good" with some activities leaning towards "Neutral evil". But this is an off the top of my head thought. I'll have to think about it deeper...

Little hint: list a fictional organizations from books, movies and so on, which are your inspiration :) We - members - can list ours "dream orgs" and compose some core set of ideas :)

And core codex - our funding rules /code of conduct - will be nice thing, I totally second that idea :)

Little hint: list a fictional organizations from books, movies and so on, which are your inspiration :) We - members - can list ours "dream orgs" and compose some core set of ideas :)

And core codex - our funding rules /code of conduct - will be nice thing, I totally second that idea :)

I have 3 videos showcasing "alignment"  on the original write up on the first page in this thread.  :D

A Codex would be cool. I just need some time to write it up and lay it out. Been busy with other projects lately.

I think of myself as Chaotic Good in real life - with the example given in D&D being Robin Hood.

One of the key elements of Chaotic is having an aversion to rules/order/law. One of the key elements of Good is high regard for life.

I typically avoid joining groups that list rules.

I joined COPS because I know Kiklix from Landmark, I've always admired his spaceship designs and I'm looking forward to funneling resources his way to help him create some cool ships in DU.

I'm thrilled to see so many people I know from Landmark here in the forums and glad several of them are joining or allying with COPS.

(The only person from the Landmark forums I don't consider a friend is Thrasy).

Labels aside, I'm pleasantly surprised to see our values aligned...

Freedom fighter, lone wolf, play by own rules...

I expect to subvert the economy by handing out a bunch of free stuff (my experience is that players are generally greedy when it comes to setting prices)

Traveling on a multi-crew ship with the members we have seems like it will be a lot of fun. 

I would say we are more neutral guys than good guys. If I had to make an "organization alignment" it would probably be "Neutral good" with some activities leaning towards "Neutral evil". But this is an off the top of my head thought. I'll have to think about it deeper...and as an organization it's something we should vote on.

When I say good guy, I mean not bad for the sake of it. I can swing from angel to devil in a heartbeat if the circumstances are right :lol:

I just took one of those Alighnment tests, and I came out as 'true neutral', the second closest to that were neutral good, and chaotic neutral. So pretty neutral lol. I like that, means I'm flexible.

I'm in essence, a good guy in terms of respecting the boundaries of others, but I also make a fierce and ardent enemy with good reason.  :ph34r:

I think it's fine people have their own positions and alignments, it will definitely make for interesting adventures, and any good Organization will have it's various different characters.

That said we all share the free spirit, and 'rogue-like' status.

When I say good guy, I mean not bad for the sake of it. I can swing from angel to devil in a heartbeat if the circumstances are right :lol:

I just took one of those Alighnment tests, and I came out as 'true neutral', the second closest to that were neutral good, and chaotic neutral. So pretty neutral lol. I like that, means I'm flexible.

I'm in essence, a good guy in terms of respecting the boundaries of others, but I also make a fierce and ardent enemy with good reason.  :ph34r:

I think it's fine people have their own positions and alignments, it will definitely make for interesting adventures, and any good Organization will have it's various different characters.

That said we all share the free spirit, and 'rogue-like' status.

This is about how I will be playing too.  I don't necessarily want to run amok in the universe griefing people.   I will probably be more of a merchant/peddler of sorts, doing honest business with those who do business honestly.   Might set up a couple of trading outposts on a few different planets as time goes by and try to eek out a living selling resources and the like.

But I won't rule out a bit of mischief from time to time either if I run across the right situation.  If you're stupid enough to be traveling in my sector carrying loads of valuables with NO protection or alliance with me or anything, then the opportunity might be too tasty to ignore.  But then again, I might be in a building frenzy that day and just watch you fly by.  Who knows?

It also depends on how I'm treated.  If someone tries to make me an enemy in game, I very well might oblige and choose to have some fun with it.   I"m pretty open to whatever right about now.  It's just difficult to be sure about anything this early on though.  Might end up being REALLY fun playing a troublemaker.   Just have to wait and see.

This is about how I will be playing too.  I don't necessarily want to run amok in the universe griefing people.   I will probably be more of a merchant/peddler of sorts, doing honest business with those who do business honestly.   Might set up a couple of trading outposts on a few different planets as time goes by and try to eek out a living selling resources and the like.

But I won't rule out a bit of mischief from time to time either if I run across the right situation.  If you're stupid enough to be traveling in my sector carrying loads of valuables with NO protection or alliance with me or anything, then the opportunity might be too tasty to ignore.  But then again, I might be in a building frenzy that day and just watch you fly by.  Who knows?

It also depends on how I'm treated.  If someone tries to make me an enemy in game, I very well might oblige and choose to have some fun with it.   I"m pretty open to whatever right about now.  It's just difficult to be sure about anything this early on though.  Might end up being REALLY fun playing a troublemaker.   Just have to wait and see.

I'm right there with you Dhara. I imagine a lot of the time I'll be happily minding my own business, building, trading goods, services, resources and technology with fellow COP'ers, and other free spirited merchants, and probably stealing some of Kiklix's spaceships, but if someone crosses my path in the wrong way, or troubles one of my kin, then I'll gleefully turn my dark pirate side on and have a little fun.

Lets welcome FOUR (was three, but it keeps growing) new very enthusiastic members to COPS.

Bugboy

Formiq

Splice

​TBagger98

Thank you guys for your interest in the Coalition Of Pirates & Smugglers and welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard you guys! :)

I'm right there with you Dhara. I imagine a lot of the time I'll be happily minding my own business, building, trading goods, services, resources and technology with fellow COP'ers, and other free spirited merchants, and probably stealing some of Kiklix's spaceships, but if someone crosses my path in the wrong way, or troubles one of my kin, then I'll gleefully turn my dark pirate side on and have a little fun.

All my ships have countermeasures that will blow the ship up if they are stolen! Do not steal my ships, or your will be stealing your life.

All my ships have countermeasures that will blow the ship up if they are stolen! Do not steal my ships, or your will be stealing your life.

I think, Pirate Smuggler friend, you underestimate my capacity to disengage and disassemble all vestiges and signs of your countermeasures!

Sounds an awful lot like a challenge to me.

I think, Pirate Smuggler friend, you underestimate my capacity to disengage and disassemble all vestiges and signs of your countermeasures!

Can you hear them, they talk about me telling lies well that's no surprise. Can you see them, see right through them. They have no shield no secrets to reveal. It doesn't matter what they say, in the jealous games people play...my lips are sealed.