​Cops has been disbanded. Sorry for wasting your time. This was a lone decision by Kiklix and does not reflect the other legate lady astrum nor the members.

​The following are the answers to why COPS has been disbanded.

Drama:  Certain populous organizations and their legate have been concocting rumors about COPS. Legates from other some what populous organizations have made assumptions about COPS and presented these as facts. In every case these people are wrong and only serve to create drama. There is no reason for all the hate I have received and COPS has received. I am done 'playing' with a community full of children.

​EDIT: Removed this section due to clarification by Novaquark.

​​I would like to thank everyone who made the decision to join cops. I am sorry it could not pan out. I wish you all well, I wish Novaquark the best.

COPS%20RUST%20Coalition%20less%20saturat

COPS - Coalition Of Pirates & Smugglers.

The arkships landed. We woke anew, scared, unsure. Groups formed, factions aligned. Power corrupted. For all the efforts to save our species, the millennia we traveled, we reverted almost instantly back to that old human nature. Not even extinction could change our habits, our instinct.

We have all been there. Watching and witnessing the mega-corporations metastasize and feed off the livelihood of the less fortunate. Class warfare, poverty, slavery...being forced to work by some clown sitting at the top of his ivory tower barking commands. I’ve had enough of it, most likely so have you. It’s time to break from those chains and live a free life. It ain’t easy, ain’t too much glory, but it’s honest (for the most part) and fair.  We are a coalition, a collaboration,  a consortium, a conspiracy, a communion,  a clan, a crew, a club, a confederation, a confederacy collecting cohorts connected, conjoined, combining efforts to be a free people, free from tyranny, terror and totalitarianism.

WHAT IT'S LIKE:

Ever want to pilot the Millenium Falcon?
Ever dream to have a crew who works together like Firefly?
You want to be that solo guy who searches for bounties like Boba Fett and his Slave I?

This is how we dream to play and we intend to play this way. However Dual may require efforts from a  larger group. If this is true, we just want to have a system in place so that people can come together to fullfill their visions. We want solo play, but under the safety net of a larger organization.

WHAT WE ARE NOT:

We are NOT GRIFERS. COPS are pirates, smugglers, outcasts, ninjas, mercenaries in the ROLE play sense, NOT in the griefing sense.

THE BREAKDOWN:

• Enrollment: Some will get invited, some will inquire. If you want to be part of a free alliance just ask.
• Primary language: English and gibberish.
• Timezone: Only mega corps keep up with time.
• Goal:  Solo or co-op gameplay within a larger group. We all like to do our own thing, but somtimes you need to be part of something larger or you will get left behind.

COPS is an organization created and designed to bring together like minded people who prefer to play solo without constraints of typical guild requirements (be here on X day, at Y time to raid Z...ya its tiresome).  We realize people have limited time to play and that real life takes place first. That being said, Dual Universe looks like this might be a game where cooperation and collaberation are keys to success. If we find this to be true, there might be more expected collaborative gamplay required. We don’t want to force anything on anyone, but just ask people to step up if it is required to do so.  In the end it’s not about making a large guild rich, its about making sure your needs are met, our mutal needs are met. We endevor to create an enviroment where co-op game play is actually fun and rewarding.

SO WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?

• Security: Safety in numbers.
• Community: A network of people to work together with if so desired.
• Freedom: Free to play your way but with the undertanding that freedom requires effort and work. There will be times we need to work together, its the only way to keep an alliance strong.
• A Trade network. Not sure how Dual is going to work with trade, but within a group there will be communication lines. We will be able to trade with each other and help keep our alliance strong.
• Veteran ship builders: We have members who have crafted some of the finest voxel ships to ever exist.  Our fleet will impress, this I can promise.
• Veteran home builders: We have members who have crafted some of the finest voxel sci-fi mega structures to exist. Our home world wont look like a cut rate hostel.
• PVP: Lets face it, even if you only care for PVE, PVP might and will happen at some point. If you intend to fly in a ship, once you are out of the ark safe zone, pvp will happen. We intend to create smart ship designs that will help to ensure pvp victories, but you will need to know how to fly it.
• PVE: We know some people have no interest in PVP. Hopefully we can get a civilization started with trade, harvesters, crafters etc. It’s good to have folks who specialize in these categories.
• Exploring: It’s at the heart of Dual Universe, of course we will explore!
• If i can be done in Dual, we intend on experiencing that content in one way or another.

GOVERNMENT:

Don’t really intend on having some massive over inflated group of power hungry people running the show. I have no interest in that, however there does need to be a head or some form. Castles have kings, homes have breadwinners. Even a pack of wolves looks to their Alpha. I intend on holding the main key of power or have it distributed among a very close group of friends. Those who know me know I fight tooth and nail for the little guy, for honesty and integrity. I have no intent on telling you how to play or what to do...but internal conflicts will occur and those will need to be resolved. We want everyone to be happy and to play together...its the best recipe for success. 

If COPS sounds like a style of gamplay that you find appealing, speak to Kiklix or LadyAstrum.

Greetings fellow COPS mates!

As Captain Kiklix here said, we're an umbrella organisation with smaller ones within, such as my Astrum Enterprises. I'm a free spirit, but I also like a good tight-knit group of friends who love to build, explore, and make the most of their gaming experience, who you can rely on for friendly comradeship in times of need.

Sounds awesome! 

how do you feel about space fairing sociopath's who's goals are similar to that of locust or some form of virulent plague? 

Sounds like Reavers to me. I'm sure there is a use for them, what that use is...I can't say.

Quick Question : Are you guys gonna have etiquette, like, talking in anachronistic pirate? 

Cause I be runnin' me Facelog in English ( Pirate ) and I haf learnt of speakin' in pirate, arr.

Or art ye gonna be landlobbers and speak in normalish, arr?

Well the old seafaring pirates of old are long gone. We're not that kind of pirate, and that language is (thankfully) long gone. We're a less rum-strewn bunch.  ^_^

We're the future or present, as it were, freedom fighters.

See Harlock: Space Pirate for reference as to how we might be in-game.

Didn't Harlock wanted to blow up the galaxy or something? Are you guys just gonna put fire-crackers on cities and play guerills? :P

Cause piracy is any crime commited in international waters, or in our case, interstellar space. Unless you are attacking ships and looting them, you are just rogues. And a freedom fighter without someone to oppress is just a rebel without a cause. >_> Which would be a good idea as a name to go for "Causality" if you gonna play the terrorist group :P

Sad to see no manly speech. Tharr be no good ol' talks about scallywags swooping the poodeck arr.

I like to think of myself as a Privateer in a coalition of like-minded individuals.  Our role (as I see it) is to keep balance in the Universe acting as independent operators smuggling goods, and providing services when needed, and "distributing" the wealth when it becomes too concentrated in for form of piracy (like futuristic Robin Hoods).

The beauty of this idea is that within this cooperative people can play the game any way they want, and even change roles without abandoning the core principals of the group.  Tell me if I'm wrong... 

I like to think of myself as a Privateer in a coalition of like-minded individuals.  Our role (as I see it) is to keep balance in the Universe acting as independent operators smuggling goods, and providing services when needed, and "distributing" the wealth when it becomes too concentrated in for form of piracy (like futuristic Robin Hoods).

The beauty of this idea is that within this cooperative people can play the game any way they want, and even change roles without abandoning the core principals of the group.  Tell me if I'm wrong... 

You are right on target....and you described it very well. With your permission I might use your description in our write up to help convey  the message in a more appropriate way.

Go for it.  I'm glad to see there's some like-minded people out there.

Thank you sir. I may not make the changes today (have work to do) but I am going to keep this in mind. Many have questioned the "pirate aspect" of COPS and I think I have been very poor at describing this accurately. You seem to understand it better than I do. :D

Thank you sir. I may not make the changes today (have work to do) but I am going to keep this in mind. Many have questioned the "pirate aspect" of COPS and I think I have been very poor at describing this accurately. You seem to understand it better than I do. :D

It's actually an idea I got from watching Scott Manley videos of Eve Online.  His premise is that piracy keeps the economy going by enhancing the flow of resources.  When wealth and assets accumulate in the hands of a few individuals or organizations, the pirates come in and "liberate" those assets so that they can be used by the broader community.  So basically it's an essential service - and it adds conflict, motivation and FUN to the game. 

It's actually an idea I got from watching Scott Manley videos of Eve Online.  His premise is that piracy keeps the economy going by enhancing the flow of resources.  When wealth and assets accumulate in the hands of a few individuals or organizations, the pirates come in and "liberate" those assets so that they can be used by the broader community.  So basically it's an essential service - and it adds conflict, motivation and FUN to the game. 

I think you are going to be our ambassador. :D

The Coalition seems like a nice bunch of freedom loving fellows, our goals aren't far apart.

I know Kiklix is a good person, too bad we didnt get together sooner and work together.

It's a shame I only knew you wanted a confederacy, but I suppose you all worked this out in landmark without need from the rest of us.

Diplomacy will remain open none the less.

Also, Ill look forward to seeing you around on discord, check out the community discord and chat with us if you are interested in the DUExplorers.

COPS was formed by people who enjoy their freedom but recognise the need to work together for strength, security and a sense of brotherhood/sisterhood. All in all, it's meant to be good fun.

No decisions were made in Landmark. Yes we have some prolific Landmark builders amongst us, but surprisingly some of us butted horns a little in Landmark, yet find friendship and newly forming bonds here in Dual. I'm very happy about that, and makes me feel pretty excited.

COPS was formed by people who enjoy their freedom but recognise the need to work together for strength, security and a sense of brotherhood/sisterhood. All in all, it's meant to be good fun.

Not wanting to be bring up my obsession with vocabulistics, but the neutral term for brotherhood/sisterhood is Kinship. >_>