Having followed DU for some time now, and observing Kiklix/Astrum on the forums and abroad, COPS is in good hands. Happy to say I'll be apart of this family of misfits from here on out. 

It's a pirates life for me.

If we grow in this tempo, we shortly dominate whole game and we will not have any organizations worth robbing  :(

But anyway... Hello guys! The more, the merrier!

There'll be big Organizations coming in, no worries there lol. It's early days, best we start strong early on and build a sturdy foundation for the challenges yet to come!

Having followed DU for some time now, and observing Kiklix/Astrum on the forums and abroad, COPS is in good hands. Happy to say I'll be apart of this family of misfits from here on out. 

It's a pirates life for me.

Thank you for the vote of confidence ^_^, I know there's a few here with handy skills and experience, and I too have observed you and am glad you've chosen to join us! *plops a cold, frothy beer on the table*

A very warm welcome to our latest COPS members:

Kairos

Xorkil

Cybrex

Admiral_Adama

Great to have you onboard guys! 

Glad to be here Lady Astrum. I look forward to experimenting on Stargates, in hopes of collapsing the universe on itself, but that can wait while I loot and pillage.

By the way, Kiklix, I will seriously think about some communication channel, like private forum, slack, discord and so on. Maybe it is preemptive, but we grow fast and we soon will need something to discuss in more comfortable (and more private!) conditions :)

EDT: I can help with that.

By the way, Kiklix, I will seriously think about some communication channel, like private forum, slack, discord and so on. Maybe it is preemptive, but we grow fast and we soon will need something to discuss in more comfortable (and more private!) conditions :)

EDT: I can help with that.

I'm in the middle of building my own site where I will post my builds and such.  I am also adding  forum so we can start talking style guides and upload images and such.  I would be more than happy to open it up further so we can talk about a lot of other things too, if you guys want.  Should be done by the end of next weekend.

Or maybe I can just start a new one just for COPS instead?   If you guys want to do it, I can host it on my server and all I would ask is that someone get us a domain name so I can get started.  Take me about a week or so.

What do you think Kik?

A very warm welcome to our latest COPS members:

Kairos

Xorkil

Cybrex

Admiral_Adama

Great to have you onboard guys! 

Hi everyone, thank you all for the warm welcome. Looking forward to working with you all on the forums and hopefully in-game sooner than we expect. 

I'm in the middle of building my own site where I will post my builds and such.  I am also adding  forum so we can start talking style guides and upload images and such.  I would be more than happy to open it up further so we can talk about a lot of other things too, if you guys want.  Should be done by the end of next weekend.

Or maybe I can just start a new one just for COPS instead?   If you guys want to do it, I can host it on my server and all I would ask is that someone get us a domain name so I can get started.  Take me about a week or so.

What do you think Kik?

Things are moving faster than I anticipated. I think a private place will be good for us, but at the same time I think it is important for the rest of the world to see positive activity on the official Dual forums as this helps to educate new people to Dual especially because Dual is such a unique game. I have absolutely no issues with an offsite forum but I think we should be careful to that and not remove ourselves from this forum.

I think I would prefer that for now, if we need to talk as a guild that we get people into chat of some form. Give a weeks notice let say,  on x night at x time or something. Probably a Friday night or weekend or a time when most might not be working due to our many EU members. Most "official organization" chat is going to be dealing with internal stuff anyway.

That being said. As the days count down and we get closer to alpha, then beta, then launch and especially at launch I think a guild only site that is locked down to only members will be a good thing to do exactly what you described with style guides and coordinating some of the larger projects...but due to our nature this will not be forced on anyone and only a suggestion for those who want to work on larger projects.

I have had a number of offers today for web hosting and team speak hosting and I would like to have a  meeting with everyone at some point to ensure we are all on the same page before I commit to anything, we are in this together.

I am glad so many of you are taking up responsibilities to help get this ball rolling. As I have said to many, right now I am just waiting to see what happens but these offers and suggestions will be accepted and moved upon soon.

I'll tell ya what I really want right now, an online editor for people to make their own signatures in our format. I love working on these, but I am going to have to make them a bit more generic as the days go by due to how many I need to crank out. Outside of the fact I would like to see personal builds from inside dual on the signatures in the future. I think its the most honorable thing to do, to showcase the work the individual as done from inside Dual Universe.  I don't know if such an online editior is possible and I am sure it would be a boat load of work, so really its more of a dream than a desire.

Anyway, I am ranting now. I need to eat. Be back in a bit.

Things are moving faster than I anticipated. I think a private place will be good for us, but at the same time I think it is important for the rest of the world to see positive activity on the official Dual forums as this helps to educate new people to Dual especially because Dual is such a unique game. I have absolutely no issues with an offsite forum but I think we should be careful to that and not remove ourselves from this forum.

I think I would prefer that for now, if we need to talk as a guild that we get people into chat of some form. Give a weeks notice let say,  on x night at x time or something. Probably a Friday night or weekend or a time when most might not be working due to our many EU members. Most "official organization" chat is going to be dealing with internal stuff anyway.

That being said. As the days count down and we get closer to alpha, then beta, then launch and especially at launch I think a guild only site that is locked down to only members will be a good thing to do exactly what you described with style guides and coordinating some of the larger projects...but due to our nature this will not be forced on anyone and only a suggestion for those who want to work on larger projects.

I have had a number of offers today for web hosting and team speak hosting and I would like to have a  meeting with everyone at some point to ensure we are all on the same page before I commit to anything, we are in this together.

I am glad so many of you are taking up responsibilities to help get this ball rolling. As I have said to many, right now I am just waiting to see what happens but these offers and suggestions will be accepted and moved upon soon.

I'll tell ya what I really want right now, an online editor for people to make their own signatures in our format. I love working on these, but I am going to have to make them a bit more generic as the days go by due to how many I need to crank out. Outside of the fact I would like to see personal builds from inside dual on the signatures in the future. I think its the most honorable thing to do, to showcase the work the individual as done from inside Dual Universe.  I don't know if such an online editior is possible and I am sure it would be a boat load of work, so really its more of a dream than a desire.

Anyway, I am ranting now. I need to eat. Be back in a bit.

Ok, I'll just continue on with my own thing then.  Let me know if you decide to take me up on my offer for the site and/or to help with signature banners.  I would like to participate, if possible.

Ok, I'll just continue on with my own thing then.  Let me know if you decide to take me up on my offer for the site and/or to help with signature banners.  I would like to participate, if possible.

Ohh you are totally going to participate! :D You come up in discussions more than anyone. It's not a matter of using your services, its a matter of when. :D

I was planning on providing some tools once the documentation is out. Something of a widget maker that has drag and drop components, add your own graphics, maybe add some LUA and it spits out the code required (most likely some form of XML) for use in game (widget). Basically a Design Your Own Interface application. Now I just need to be in game and get some documentation when the time comes.

Aside from that I'll mostly being scripting in this game and handing them out like candy to be reviewed, used, and improved upon. =)

I was planning on providing some tools once the documentation is out. Something of a widget maker that has drag and drop components, add your own graphics, maybe add some LUA and it spits out the code required (most likely some form of XML) for use in game (widget). Basically a Design Your Own Interface application. Now I just need to be in game and get some documentation when the time comes.

Aside from that I'll mostly being scripting in this game and handing them out like candy to be reviewed, used, and improved upon. =)

I'll probably doing more building than anything else.  The tools I saw in the video they released yesterday got me really excited.  It's such a nice, clean interface and so far, the tools look quite user-friendly.    So I'll probably be using a lot of your widgets. :D

You might actually get along pretty well with my brother, FryCaptain.  He is a programmer IRL and jumped on LM's L&T and had a lot of fun with that.  He just joined COPS the other day and I think he's actually working on his signature banner as we speak.  He's planning to pop in and add to the discussion soon.   He's already talking about scripting an AI.  So he's pretty excited to get in too. 

I'll probably doing more building than anything else.  The tools I saw in the video they released yesterday got me really excited.  It's such a nice, clean interface and so far, the tools look quite user-friendly.    So I'll probably be using a lot of your widgets. :D

You might actually get along pretty well with my brother, FryCaptain.  He is a programmer IRL and jumped on LM's L&T and had a lot of fun with that.  He just joined COPS the other day and I think he's actually working on his signature banner as we speak.  He's planning to pop in and add to the discussion soon.   He's already talking about scripting an AI.  So he's pretty excited to get in too. 

Sounds great! I haven't dealt too much with voxel building tools in a while, but I certainly plan to do a fair amount of "city building".... if my nefarious, scally wag ways don't take up too much of my time. 

I feel like we're going to need some classes from those of you who are more versed in these areas before and after launch! :D

Sounds great! I haven't dealt too much with voxel building tools in a while, but I certainly plan to do a fair amount of "city building".... if my nefarious, scally wag ways don't take up too much of my time. 

I feel like we're going to need some classes from those of you who are more versed in these areas before and after launch! :D

Now that's what I'm talking about!  I have wanted to build a city ever since the old days of UO when I found myself limited to a single tiny little plot.  And I have been limited like that ever since. I just can't wait.  :D

Our coalition has certainly grown over recent days. It will be great to share out, I don't like to say 'responsibilities' because we're pirates darn it! :D but it will certainly strengthen our operations with people volunteering themselves up for various things.

I volunteer you guys do the looting, and I do the spending! I've got a deep purse! lol but joking aside we have a fine bunch of people here. To see people enthusiastic and raring to provide various things at this point is really exciting.

Also, I'm right there with your guys desires for city building. I wanted to do something like in Landmark but the game couldn't structurally make that a reality. I see that Dual Universe can!

I'd eventually like to see a COPS HQ, but I know many of us also have plans for our affiliated coalition organization's as well. We could have a healthy little trade going on between them perhaps.

Anyway that's food for future thought. Right now I'm just thinking about how quickly I can get my sticky paws on Dual! :D