In Game Browser

BliitzTheFox

Now this game is going to have a lot of people in it from various backgrounds. I'm willing to bet that some of those people will like large spreadsheets, online data tools, or other programs made by a Dual Universe API (Possibly but that's a different topic); furthermore, there will be a large amount of websites dedicated to in game organizations and the most convenient way for all of this is to have an in game browser, much like Eve Online. Now the Eve Online wasn't chrome, but it got the job done and was light and fast for being in game. This would also allow in game hyperlinking to external websites.

I don't see any problems with the concept, at worst could be using a little computer or network resources, but I think those would be negligible compared to the benefits.

While the idea of an IGB is nice, CCP did remove it from the Eve client as it required a fair bit of work to do and a certain level of upkeep.

I would rather see NQ commit resources on projects making the game great in other aspects.

How hard is it to alt tab, I would prefer to use chrome

alt tab can create quite some in game instability by forcing the game in the background during important calculations, and fixing that is harder than implementing a browser.

How hard is it to alt tab, I would prefer to use chrome

If you are happy cuz your weak PC is able to start DU and you can play with 20FPS doesn't mean that you are able to tab out. Well you can still do it but you will need 30secs for tab out and again 30 to tab back. and to start chrome you will need some seconds again. Well with a good pc it isnt a problem but not everyone have one.

If you are happy cuz your weak PC is able to start DU and you can play with 20FPS doesn't mean that you are able to tab out. Well you can still do it but you will need 30secs for tab out and again 30 to tab back. and to start chrome you will need some seconds again. Well with a good pc it isnt a problem but not everyone have one.

It's especially relevant as NQ are aiming for what's high-end today spec wise. So unless you have the equivalent of the GTX 980/1070 and i7 4790K (or higher) by 2018 alt-tabbing will probably take forever.

There will be some sort of browser they already stated that.

Players will be able to program their own GUIs and that is going to be most likely html/CSS or they build some custom lua libs but since that would need a lot of work a .net or chromium integration would be a much easier, elegantly and likely solution.