Organisation Top Ten Chart

Anasasi

Just to chime in briefly.

The large orgs always have advantages in terms of visibility and thus recruitment - and of course there are other advantages such as manpower. While on first glance it may seem like a "bottleneck" and problematic for smaller orgs, I think it's fine, really.

Not everyone goes for the large ones, or in other words, not everyone can join the same select large orgs. There are differences in the end such as themes covered and whatnot - or people simply like larger or smaller orgs and thus look around more. Despite large ones there will be no monopoly, in essence.

You can also do your part by being different or unique in the themes you cover and how you present yourself.

To summarize: Not all join the first org they see (no matter how small or large), some compare, some don't, smaller orgs can still compete in other areas if not manpower.

The large orgs always have advantages in terms of visibility and thus recruitment - and of course there are other advantages such as manpower. While on first glance it may seem like a "bottleneck" and problematic for smaller orgs, I think it's fine, really.

Not everyone goes for the large ones, or in other words, not everyone can join the same select large orgs. There are differences in the end such as themes covered and whatnot - or people simply like larger or smaller orgs and thus look around more. Despite large ones there will be monopoly, in essence.

You can also do your part by being different or unique in the themes you cover and how you present yourself.

To summarize: Not all join the first org they see (no matter how small or large), some compare, some don't, smaller orgs can still compete in other areas if not manpower.

Going on this, the list is going to fluctuate. I don't expect BOO to be up in the top 5 after a few months if we keep getting more and more groups from other games coming. It also comes down to recruitment practices, whether they are strict or lenient in their vetting process'. For instance, I've declined close to 25 applications the past 2 or 3 weeks due to them submitting garbage applications, or not responding when I ask them for a Discord interview.

Point is, what currently is won't always be. New orgs will come, old ones will die, some will stay where they are. And there is a place for all newcomers to find their own niche in this community among those various communities whether they start their own or join one. Why not start your own and try something different?

Not everyone goes for the large ones, or in other words, not everyone can join the same select large orgs. There are differences in the end such as themes covered and whatnot - or people simply like larger or smaller orgs and thus look around more. Despite large ones there will be no monopoly, in essence.

Still the large orgs are like 10, and if some small want to become large, it's not easy now the larger orgs have more visibility. You need to create your org in the forum and declare: 'I want to create a large org but different, all the brilliant folks come with me...' Damn, you'd look like a fool.

Be smart about it then.

And sometimes you just need luck or good timing. Or friends for a foundation. Sometimes you are just out of luck.

That is how it is.

And hey. You don't get far (after release)? Disband or merge and join another moderate one or look for those willing to merge into yours. No use struggling when you are not satisfied while alternatives are there.

But let's outsource this discussion. I'll make a thread about it later when I can. Half a day from now on.

@Warden - Thanks for deciding to outsource the discussion on this thread, don't get me wrong, I do not mind it, I just don't want the thread to run away into something I had no intentions of it being. :)

As for today, late night spreadsheets and charts! Losses and nearly no growth today - pretty bizarre, seeing a downwards trend now. Whether that's due to a downwards trend in members joining or whether more orgs are popping up that are smaller than the bottom end, we'll see. 

Anyway, charts below as always.
Have a good day/night/morning/evening.

rZAk4QA.png

XpIYbdO.png

sy5UgzQ.png

3qoc6HM.png

Be smart about it then.

And sometimes you just need luck or good timing. Or friends for a foundation. Sometimes you are just out of luck.

That is how it is.

And hey. You don't get far (after release)? Disband or merge and join another moderate one or look for those willing to merge into yours. No use struggling when you are not satisfied while alternatives are there.

But let's outsource this discussion. I'll make a thread about it later when I can. Half a day from now on.

Thanks. Yes, good idea.

Todays charts! They aren't quite as late as the last ones, though! 

Still small movements with Band Of Outlaws growing by the most today.
Really not much to say! So instead - I'm going to put links in top ten order to each of the organizations for any who may want to join one and haven't yet!*

Organizations:
Terran Union
Band Of Outlaws
Frog Swarm
SilverLight Industries
Cinderfall Syndicate
Empire
Alliance Of Free Worlds

The Solar Empire
The Aether

Diverse Unified Alliance

*Keep in mind, I'm just plugging them all, if you seek something smaller or beyond what is here, check out all of the organizations, there are some interesting ones out there.

Charts:
D6Geak1.png

62oCgs0.png

EMCaWrk.png

nTOkkFW.png

Todays charts, slow weekend again. 

Not much growth, Terran Union gaining the most in the last 24 hours. 

Not much more to say really, charts speak for themselves!

pPSUtZh.png

w0ctyA8.png

noNdXGR.png

oyB7Wqn.png

Todays Charts! Not much to say, not much movement, still fairly stagnant.

I hope everyone has had or is having a joyous monday! If not, just wait till you get home and relax! 

gjeo1VA.png

taX7CA2.png

TuTpOiw.png

CI4ON3S.png

5th of October, 2016.

Quick update today, Terran Union still powering through the charts - soon to reach first organization with 200 members, if the trend continues. 

I will be fixing data gaps and errors soon, I know of a few that are there, numbers that don't match, but I know why! Will be fixed shortly. 

Anyway, charts below as usual!

WZFH0zo.png

ICKkr0b.png

fldQrwd.png

Usceq3g.png

6th of October, 2016.

Todays charts include new movement! Which is a little better than recent movements - Top five have moved the most again! 

Anyway, charts below! 

h6d8dkb.png

WRXLPQQ.png

cfnqoWc.png

nuWvu0f.png

7th of October, 2016.

Things have starting picking up again with several orgs gaining members! Though not huge jumps, seeing more influx means more active members! 

Anyway,

here are the charts:

1Kg2WDC.png

9IXIuGZ.png

nrS0uaG.png

tGQDMib.png

8th of October, 2016.

Well, to start with, I would like to congratulate NovaQuark on their successful Kickstarter campaign, I had to personally pull my pledge, but I'm ecstatic that so many other people could help get this game up on to its feet. A true accomplishment in the development process. 
Now we play the waiting game (or other games to pass time, I guess).

Looking forward to the progress that gets made over the next few months! 

As for the charts; 
Terran union has shot up today, accepting 12 members. Closing in on the 200 member mark. 
Other members of the top ten have seen their usual steady growth - 1 - 5 members each. 

Anyway, 

charts below as per usual! 

uUiW13t.png

D5bBJXw.png

RGnBa1s.png

RMIQOP2.png

Edit**: Posted wrong images/links.

9th of October, 2016.

Terran Union still pushing for the two hundred mark strong, while SilverLight and Band Of Outlaws are making their way upwards as well. All top ten Organizations saw some form of growth today, bar a couple. 

Anyway, onto the late charts! (Sorry).

IFtzblc.png

Fi16TcP.png

fmGvP1Q.png

FKhh8zv.png

10th of October, 2016.

Congratulations Terran Union for being the first organization to reach two hundred members!

With many larger organizations gaining members over the past couple days, the top tens numbers are starting to grow considerably again, this is good! Though don't forget to check out the groups that are smaller, they might offer something that these large groups can't for you.

Anyway, todays charts below!

DlgHF87.png

CUV5fLC.png

ZujQk7x.png

LXsuBNb.png

11th of October, 2016.

Todays charts show more growth than yesterday, but also show that the groups within the top 5 - 6 are really trying to grow. 

SilverLight had 100 members today, I congratulated them and then I checked later in the evening and I had to pull the charts back to 99. Which is unfortunate, but people are still figuring out what they are trying to do! 

Anyway,

here are the charts for today! 

JlHvpFM.png

EQHehl1.png

sT5cNhZ.png

bNTg53z.png

12th of October, 2016.

Well, the numbers are still growing after the success of the kickstarter. 
The top ten has regaining its vitality and is growing consistently over days now. Hopefully the moment stays the same, in an upwards fashion!

I have some extra stats for you today!

Forum Stats:

August [incomplete sample]:

Average daily member sign up: 19

Average daily posts: 157

September [Complete sample]:

Average daily member sign up: 31
Average daily posts: 250

So, since the kickstarter, we've had more posts and more signups popping up!
Even though the sample was unfinished for August, the growth wasn't all that great that month. 

Anyway,

charts below! 

miOyHIQ.png

vF0yjGR.png

T4CtJLW.png

jK5cyke.png

Fixed:
- A colouring issue
- Top ten orgs that were dropped are now being known as 'ex-top ten' in the daily contribution graph (still to fix the numbers).

13th of October, 2016.

Todays charts show a drop in the gains that have been happening early during this past week, infact, some organizations have lost members. 
Only four members gained overall with two members dropping (possibly shuffling within the ten), with that being said it was due to quieten down a little as now we wait! 

Anyway,

as per usual, charts below! 

yQdz5wm.png

fc3iteQ.png

Qf11KzC.png

HGP5Jbf.png

I know this isn't entirely related to the topic, but I didn't think it warranted a new thread either.  I imagine many of the top organizations may have employed similar tactics, making it relevant to this thread ;)

Is there any way to block the organization spam that occurs in private messages?

I know this isn't entirely related to the topic, but I didn't think it warranted a new thread either. I imagine many of the top organizations may have employed similar tactics, making it relevant to this thread ;)

Is there any way to block the organization spam that occurs in private messages?

Unfortunately, beyond blocking the member from messaging you, I don't think there is a way, no.

I'm not a real fan of the blocking method either, but you got to do, what you got to do!