Having issues with New Member registration

DrunknGod

So thought I'd post this here as part sanity check and part PSA/feedback on this issue.  So after the release of the Org page several friends of mine attempted to create an account here.  For purposes of transparency this was over two days (10th-11th).  They have still not received their authentication email confirming their account.  As of now most of them used a Gmail account with one Hotmail user.

I've done some testing and here's where the sanity check comes in.  I've found that while you might expect both the Forum and Org page to be connected they just aren't...at least not entirely.  Now I know the Org page is a new release but something is definitely wrong/broken if you cannot allow new users to create accounts.  That said, I've done some testing.  I welcome others to try this out as well and let me know if you have the same results...the sanity check.

Status Logged in - Forum & Org page (2 tabs same browser...Chrome)

Signing out of Forum signs you out of Org page

Signing out of Org page does not sign you out of Forum

Status Logged out - Forum & Org page (2 tabs same browser...Chrome)

Cannot log into Forums directly

Signing into Org page will log me into Forum

So during my test it appears something isn't right.  To be honest I lack the technical web skills to point to the problem so all I can do is recreate what I found so it might make sense to someone else.  During my test I found that if I went to change my password in my Forum profile it would bring me to the Org page login screen.  I also found that they don't share the same login screen per se but logging into the Org page will log me into the Forums even if the Forum login says I'm locked out of my account for the incorrect password...which technically should be the same but now for some reason isn't at all recognized by the Forum login method.  Confused yet?  LOL.

Another thing that I find odd is that at least for me it still shows me as the newest user to the Forum.  While entirely possible that it's true, it does go to show that new member requests simple aren't being processed as I tried to create an account for my wife after mine had been created and she's still waiting for her confirmation email as well.  So was I just lucky enough to be the last person where this worked...or OMG did I break it?!?!  I swear it wasn't my fault!  I didn't do eeeeeeet!     :(

Any thoughts???

Same problem here. I've registered on optional name using other email - not Gmail. Everything went smooth. So this is half measure for those who at least try not to depend on Google service. I'll have to try to resign my in game name to this account,or merge em somehow.

Hi DrunknGod!

Thanks a lot for the testing you did.

Let's use this topic to centralize all the registration problems encountered on the Community Portal.

I will transmit regularly the new updates to the Dev Team regarding this problem.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Nyzaltar,

I have the questions you sent me earlier posted on our Discord server and Forum.  It looks like the problem might have been resolved over the last few hours as I've had a few let me know they received their emails.  We'll see how the day goes.   B)

One thing I would suggest is to identify the game that the email wants to subscribe you to. There is no mention of it and only "Novaquark". I nearly deleted it as SPAM until I went back to the website to identify that it was connected to this game.

Yeah we had a member get the error 500 message that is referenced in this other thread here

So far everyone that was having issues got through fine with the exception of our Aussie   ;)

I didn't get any errors, I'm just saying the email has nothing about the game mentioned. They need to identify it.

Sorry about that I quoted you instead of Kiklix who had posted after you.

In other news, I have another error 500 member trying to log into the forums, so that is definitely still around.

The weird thing is, I can sign in only from my phone. It does not allow me to from a PC. It says username or password is incorrect, but I know they are correct.

So, sorry about the multiple posting in one thread, but that's why I hate posting in forums from a mobile device.

[EDIT]

Actually, I figured it out. I had forgotten they have this silly requirement of having at least six characters in your username so I was forgetting that I had to add underscores to my name.

And this is what the email you get looks like. No indication of Dual Universe:

Lak0Tuz.png