A less costly way of killing you're enemy(Terrorist attacks)

KingofPR

Ok so lets say you want to rule you're nation by force but you cant afford a head on battle so you go insurgent style with you're group and destroy the enemys most important buildings with Suicide ship(cars?)or Just simple bombs.This could also be used againts the enemys supporters and stuff.(Please critize if you want as long as it is constructive)

This would certainly be a possible strategy... but just as in real life it will be extremely annoying. As discussed in other posts there will have to be downsides to dying, like a recharge time before you can use your resurrection node.

In the interest of balance I'd say the devs shouldn't make it possible for you to carry an explosive on you that can do serious damage. A small blast radius that can only take out people and blocks within the immediate vicinity.

Why would you suicide to deal some damage? Is that fun? xD i guess you could use drones for that...

Anyway any kind of kamikaze usually carries explosives, it's not just a random suicide. And when they don't, it is because the plane/car they're using is stolen. 

It certainly would make things interesting if you could sneak onto a capital ship with explosives in your inventory, and in the middle of a major fight you were to plant them around the ship and detonate them to try to gain an advantage for your side.

Maybe not so much as destroying an entire ship with one explosive, or detonating a whole building with one explosive, but several explosive charges planted all over in strategic locations could certainly have the same effect. 

It certainly would make things interesting if you could sneak onto a capital ship with explosives in your inventory, and in the middle of a major fight you were to plant them around the ship and detonate them to try to gain an advantage for your side.

Maybe not so much as destroying an entire ship with one explosive, or detonating a whole building with one explosive, but several explosive charges planted all over in strategic locations could certainly have the same effect. 

This. It would allow a spy or infiltrator role to be in DU.

Don't forget that we will all be wearing those matter compression belts, so our inventories will most likely be quite large. The limitation would be how fast our build tool actually builds things. If it is as fast as the trailer indicates, I could really see the build tool turning into a cannon that has the capacity to rapid-fire launch bombs at will.

This would certainly be a possible strategy... but just as in real life it will be extremely annoying. As discussed in other posts there will have to be downsides to dying, like a recharge time before you can use your resurrection node.

In the interest of balance I'd say the devs shouldn't make it possible for you to carry an explosive on you that can do serious damage. A small blast radius that can only take out people and blocks within the immediate vicinity.

Citizens be like: Dangit, now we have to repair the communication towers again. Timmy keeps wrecking everything. He's a ####ing mosquito.

People died during 9/11. Please don't make jokes about them.

True dont joke about 9/11,but this is an actual strategy that for what i have seen is pretty effective

The only problem that people would just shrug and move their loot. Unless they RP and cause mass panic (if there was a flood-like plague, THERE WILL BE PANIC REGARDLESS, but hey, they might add it.)

Maybe an insanity meter, the more gunshots fired close to you, the higher it raises.

It reduces accuracy, and damage (because, logic not), but increases speed (adrenaline!).

Ok so lets say you want to rule you're nation by force but you cant afford a head on battle so you go insurgent style with you're group and destroy the enemys most important buildings with Suicide ship(cars?)or Just simple bombs.This could also be used againts the enemys supporters and stuff.(Please critize if you want as long as it is constructive)

So State backed terrorism? Heh why not it happens all the time!

I'm not going to say I was a T******st (because who'd say that on a forum... hey FBI, stick me on another watchlist please), but I was. In Eve me and a bunch of friends became freedom fighters, our cause (because you have to have one) was to gain the release of a subjugated race, and boy did we play the part.

Never stay still, attack the unsuspecting, cause chaos, hit normal Joes, hell, hit the high value targets if you think you have an opening, make the white knights come to the aid of their vassals, then have a pop at them if you can, and then? you run, because running keeps you alive. You're never going to have the shiny ships they have (unless you have an extra source of income they can't find), you're probably not going to have the intel they do, and even if you do, always assume they have more than you, and that every plan is compromised from the start, because some will be.

Hit em hard, hit em fast, then fade. IMHO.

Now if you want to be a spy, and do things all shady like, then go for it, just don't call yourself a Warrior.  :ph34r:

@Vicomt

If they add nukes in the game, I will probably hire myself out on delivering nukes to the douchebag faction in th game. Discretion guaranteed. Perhaps an inside job to shake up the leadership of a corporation. Propaganda perhaps to start a war.*Insert 9/11 half-baked theory here*. You get the idea. It shouldn't be called "terrorism", it should be called "Clandestine Operations". I, for example, would initiate pro roleplayers into my spy organisation to infiltrate corporations. THEN pull the rug under them. 

Don't forget that we will all be wearing those matter compression belts, so our inventories will most likely be quite large. The limitation would be how fast our build tool actually builds things. If it is as fast as the trailer indicates, I could really see the build tool turning into a cannon that has the capacity to rapid-fire launch bombs at will.

The inventory size could be an issue, but I remember that having the right to build at least on planets is a thing. So maybe you can't build, but there would be a "plant" mechanic for small bombs. The largest being not that large at all. Sure you could take a lot of them, but if you do, then the enemy would have a higher chance to find them.

Just balanced enough to make it a tactical advantage in a fight, but not so much that it would win the fight.

I can see it how ... Org A in war against Org B, A out techs B by light years, so B sends in some suicide bombers (players), get into A's main ships, and blows themselves and the ships to pieces. 

Org B loses a few players (play time) at almost zero cost, while A loses multi-million $$ ships. Who needs to fight?

@AttacKat

I think more in the line of taking out in-game factories that the devs intend to have, to run ship building automatically once you made a ship once and urn a factory to produce ships. That's the point of attacking with covert tactics. 

One does not simply find his way on an enemy armada's ship. But factories are easy target >_>

@AttacKat

I think more in the line of taking out in-game factories that the devs intend to have, to run ship building automatically once you made a ship once and urn a factory to produce ships. That's the point of attacking with covert tactics. 

One does not simply find his way on an enemy armada's ship. But factories are easy target >_>

This is very true

@AttacKat

Let's hope DU as a game is (hopefully) not EVE 2.0 . If it turns as EVE 2.0 , then people might have to worry about other things, like  boring mining and one button RNG combat. 

Let's hope DU as a game is (hopefully) not EVE 2.0 . If it turns as EVE 2.0 , then people might have to worry about other things, like  boring mining and one button RNG combat. 

I am hoping for the same, but a lot of forum members wants this game to be EVE 2.0. But however you look at it, this game must have PvE elements since it is suppose to be the PvP of Minecraft, so unless you mine, you cannot craft.