How Much Effort should be required for a PLEX (monthly sub token)

So it is 100% confirmed that their will be a PLEX like system in DU, for those that haven't played EVE a PLEX is a in-game item that you active that gives subscription time added to your account.  It maybe to early to talk about this system, and seeing how they are market items that will not have a fixed value, just like in eve this discussion (if it occurs) would primarily be focused on what you think they should be worth. Personally I think they should be difficult to attain, but I still intend it to be what I use to play the game 90% of the time.  Another problem that will arise is that some professions in game will be more profitable than others, requiring more work from those players who don't make a huge profit, such as a designer who spends weeks on one project might not make enough.  A way to handle this for organizations is if they have a salary system, paying out enough to buy the PLEX or pay members in PLEX.  Well I don't know, I never really got to that point where I was playing Eve with PLEX.  I am sure this issue will come up again closer to release at least once. But if you feel inclined to let me know what you think now, I would like to know your thoughts.

The ability to obtain a monthly sub may be a little hard to begin with, but people will find a way to make it easy and these ways will surface eventually. And people may end up multi-boxing to obtain them easily.

As for the idea of Org. Payouts, that seems like a half decent one, atleast interesting. A Proper pay system. I would like to see something akin to this implemented so if you have large constructs or projects you can pay people equally, in game without having to do heaps of math. (Not that there really is much, I'm just lazy and don't want to make spreadsheets again)

A "plex" is going to be hard to get, since it is always an high requested items. The price though depends on a lot of things.

Multiboxing is something that increase by a lot the price of an item like that.

The amount of credits that a newbie is going to be able to generate, compared to a veteran, is indeed something to take into consideration too.

If credits in game are going to give you a significant advantage (probably), then many will buy that item, to sell in game, and this would reduce its price.

Paying people equally doesn't make sense, since it's not a rl work, someone will play 4-5 hours a week, other 4-5 hours a day, producing differently. And that would never work.

If the plex system works like it does in eve, the price will be entirely dependent on how many of them people buy out of game to sell, how many people want to buy in game and market speculation. going by what we currently know about the market system though I guess prices and availability will be very regional. Since you generally don't want to be moving them around for risk of them getting destroyed I would not be surprised if they are almost exclusively available around the arkships.

• 2 weeks later...

hehehe, before we worry about how to pay our monthly's I think we should at least see the game once or twice. Lets wait to see how all this plays out in game before we worry about who will pay what...there might be a lot of empty space if people dont like the way it starts out.

Having the chance to play for your subscription is the incentive for players to generate economic wealth to trade a 'plex' ( pilots license extension? )  Players will make the supply and demand for these though a little incentive or market control by game devs could kick start this economy.

The other thing to do with salaries. Equal base pay could be a mechanic to keep players loyal to their faction or cause. Bonuses and adjustable contracts could bind players for periods of time, maybe even the duration of the Novark Citizenship (NC?). To earn one of these tokens a player would be expected to be within the top %20 or so of income earners though could fluctuate wildly depending on demand. Let the economy begin!

• 3 weeks later...

You made me think and I would say that if I have a choice to pay around 10 EUR a month it's not worthy for me to spend more than three hours trying to pay that with in-game curency but that would be too cheap to motivate people into paying anything. 

Situation might be different for each and every player but I would say that it would be fair to need at least 5 hours a month focused on geting that if we consider average player who spends around 30-50 hours a month by playing the game. It would make it at least 10% of their playtime focused just to play another month.

How much time would depend on how much ingame creds you are able to earn by hour. I know ppl on EvE that can do it faster than required to ask them ! But others may take between 1h-10h per month.

Anyway, they must make it challenging (at start) in order to make ppl BUY them with real money to finance the project !