The Order of Meru

Salvation is waiting for all among the stars

BslcRve.png

The Order of Meru, otherwise known as "Meruism", is a religious order dedicated to searching for salvation among the stars.

"Salvation" and "Paradise" being terms that are used interchangeably within Meruism.

To become a priest of Meru means to sacrifice oneself for the betterment of humanity by embarking on a pilgrimage across the galaxy to be among the first to lay human hands on worlds most can only look to the skies and imagine being on.

Meruists believe that somewhere out there among the stars is a place of pure bliss, where darkness never consumes light. A place of unimaginable riches for the soul. A place they call "Meru".

They believe it is humanity's destiny to spread out across space and time, as one of the keys to unlocking the gateways to Meru is to establish a universal human consciousness. In this way, it is important for every Meruist to practice meditation in order to empower the universal consciouness they seek to grow.

In the same vein, Meruists stand to oppose all who might get in the way of establishing humanity's universal consciousness. 

Meruists exists in all walks of life, from the highest offices of nobility to the pirate guilds waging war on the trade routes across space.

Meruism is a philosophy and way of life.

https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/the-order-of-meru

This order doesn't sound much like Voth, that theology is a little different. But I do find a kind of religious cult-like organization interesting. Maybe someone will create a faction with opposing viewpoints... Imagine the holy wars!

Meruism just got a huge boost from this latest AMA reply:

Can we get devblog about how Stargates are going to be built? Will players be able to fly for months to their stargate destination instead of sending probes?

"We will make a devblog when we have finalized all the details. The preferred method will probably be to use SG probes, but you could very well travel to the destination directly with your ship or your colony. However, it's likely going to be very hard to get there and survive. Think about energy, fuel, and all these elements that will be difficult to acquire on the way. But it could be a hell of a journey, yes!"

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/841-ask-us-anything-event/?p=8727

• 1 month later...

Oh dear. Light without dark? There's no such thing-/*$&$%!^@#*%&@^#^!

I think it's awesome that the first DU Religion is in place (Is it the first one? :o)

The first one is the Chapel of the Salt Miner. Then come the Evangelists of the Free-To-Play. Then Meru.

Oh dear. Light without dark? There's no such thing-/*$&$%!^@#*%&@^#^!

I think it's awesome that the first DU Religion is in place (Is it the first one? :o)

I imagine us more like the Necromongers from The Chronicles of Riddick.

Their "promised land" is the Underverse, in the meantime they eradicate all life in this universe because they believe it is unnatural and it must be purged to be reborn there. 

Not to say that we're going to set out to eradicate all life, but I don't necessarily see us as an entirely good force either. 

Also yes, we are the first religion :)

*grabs some popcorn and waits for the "We were the first religion!", "No! We were!" Holy war to begin*

All joking aside, I'd be interested to have some sort of daily log if your group every does make a long, non-jumpgate, pilgrimage to Meru. I'm sure it would be both entertaining and insightful! 

*grabs some popcorn and waits for the "We were the first religion!", "No! We were!" Holy war to begin*

All joking aside, I'd be interested to have some sort of daily log if your group every does make a long, non-jumpgate, pilgrimage to Meru. I'm sure it would be both entertaining and insightful! 

"Remember to include details like chants and verses. Do you have your own religious text?"

• 1 month later...

well the only other religion ive seen is the Orthodox church 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Neopolitan said:

Meru meru meru meru

also meruism is hardcore, i think the mountain is just a metaphor for hardcore space exploration right?

"we've lost half our food, and 90% of the mountain was still above us." 

I love that documentary, I've seen it about 5 times now.