BOO :: Are they really who they say they are?

OutlandishRep

So, just yesterday, BOO had reached 100 members. An outstanding achievement! However, should we really trust them?

I'm OutlandishRep. You haven't seen me yet, but I'm not real friendly, ok? See, I'm a critic, and BOO has given me plenty of reason to be critical.

Well, let's just get into it. 

BOO :: The Pirates, or something

Yes. BOO. The remainder of COPS lead by Cybrex. Kind of interesting, but at the same time who are they? They're an organization comprised of members. As far as what their organization claims, it wants them to be a bunch of pirates. However, Cybrex is against griefing, so does that mean they won't grief? Of course not! They are going to grief, because as it stands, there is no way control can be maintained over the members. As well, if they grief, so what? They get kicked out of the organization? That's all that happens!

Cybrex has setup an organization that has no control! What does it even offer? Protection from BOO? In that case, everyone join BOO. You'll get protection, but really you're not getting anything else. All it does is boost their numbers. See! There is no way you can enforce anything while in BOO! It's such a loose cannon that you can't claim it's structured, or has anything resembling a structure. It's a group, and that's final.

Freedom? You sure about that?

Are you? From what I've seen, it's not a freedom org. Infact, it's not even an org as I've said. It's just a bunch of false claims of "Cooperation" and "community".

As quoted form their description on their community page,

"BOO wants to break from that, and simply encourage solo and cooperative play among it’s members. Your time belongs to you, and we understand that. When Dual Universe launches, we plan to be the premiere organization for players who enjoy the outlaw lifestyle. This can be in the form of piracy, smuggling, mercenary, privateering - you name it."

Quote from BOO description-13/9/2016

First of all, what cooperative play is there to be had around pirates, smugglers and mercenaries. There is none!

You can claim all that but really what can you offer. There's only so much, and offering cooperation with this audience is outrageous. 

Now when your a part of BOO, it's offered that you'll be safe with their security network.

"• Security in numbers: Our safety network will you keep you and your assets safe."

Now not only is it insane to think that BOO would actually have members that want to protect your stuff, it's more insane to think that your safe with each other! These are pirates, not guards. The reality is, they'll probably raid and grief each other when the opportunity is present. Not to mention, protecting every member of BOO would be impossible with those creating pirate bases and so on. It's not possible for them to make this claim.

Now, freedom. What freedom? This freedom:

"• Freedom: We want you to play how you want, when you want."

I'm so, so laughing right now. That's not freedom. That's simply going online when you get a chance, something most other orgs already offer! Sorry but organizations don't require their members to log on every 10 hours just because. They require their members to simply be present once in a while if at all! This idea isn't unique, and it sure isn't what BOO should be putting up front, because i'ts an absolute lie that only they offer this!

I have more though.

Are you really that strong?

Are you BOO? Are you? I don't think you are. See I've been doing research and have found something interesting. If you do your research, you'll find that BOO has been getting a lot of members lately. It's not normal but Cybrex just went onto say that it was a group from EvE that he knew. I'm calling bull on that one.

image.png

from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14M2KXq3tUylCSgnYsViqYssQVh904-yClEmo3lQ6FNA/pubchart?oid=407259346&format=interactive on 13/9/2016

We see an numerous of amount of members join here. What's strange though is that they are pretty consistent in their spike. An average of about 15 members join each day over 6 days. That's a lot of members and shouldn't normally be suspicious in my opinion. Unless you take a look at something.

These members consist of names that are a little too generic. What's more? Most of these members joined on the same day that their accounts were created!

image.png

Not only does it not fit with any normal pattern, it also means that they are getting members that just join Dual Universe community site. Now I tried to contact them, but most of the accounts are solely based on the community site. That means that they didn't even bother to join the forum site!

Even if Cybrex's claim is true, that these are members from EvE, that doesn't mean they'll be active. As you saw, most of these people didn't join the forums, so why would they join the game? Now, I'm going to list some other accounts that joined BOO on the same day that they were created.

-StrykerJohn

-Potatowalker

-emeraldcobal

-SmittyButler

-Zodiac

-Professionalmidget

-Pheonixend

-jacketmongol

-Morticious

-DariusJohnson

-Henry_Scott

-Sphinx

-DukeBaromoore

-Cafeteriasoup

-PrettySliced

-Candetta

-thestOrm

-Ironstahli

-Porkins

And there's plenty more. All of those accounts had no bio, no location, no profile pic and joined BOO on the same day they were created. Also to my knowledge, none of them joined the forums. 

The Conclusion :: BOO, you idiots!

You are going to fail to make your claims in your current state. You are going to fail to provide safety for your members. You are going to fail to become an actual org. Fix yourself while you still can, or get out of here! 

You've given us reason to doubt you and we all know that this is super suspicious! Even if you, Cybrex, didn't cause all this trouble, you're responsible for it. Fix it, make things decent again, and I'll fully relinquish my claims. Give me actual evidence though.

Thank you all and if your an organization leader and make mistakes like this, I won't hold back anything against you.

Why do people care about organisations so much? It not even a year before open tests. Many of players will not even start play, nearly sure... What will be changed if there would be 1000 members? Nothing...

Maybe that is a way to get alpha access, but... NQ must see IP or some other info about this...

Why do people care about organisations so much? It not even a year before open tests. Many of players will not even start play, nearly sure... What will be changed if there would be 1000 members? Nothing...

Maybe that is a way to get alpha access, but... NQ must see IP or some other info about this...

I think the main problem here is the suspicion that these members are faked in order to make BOO look bigger and more powerful to an outsider.

This is coming from a guy who joined yesterday with only two forum posts.   LOL.  Looks to me like it's probably someone from another org who might be a bit jelly.

Who cares anyway?

Yeah. Seems to be a someone who just created another account. He makes some interesting points though.

Although, I think it's the same as Rmhenn said. He wrote this because he noticed something. Fair points, just sounds a little biased.

We are that person that you met on the arkship and had coffee with.
We are that person you asked for directions.
We are the person that held you up and took your stuff.
We are the person you came to when someone else took your stuff.
We are the Band of Outlaws.
We are Everywhere.
But also nowhere.

Now BOO has also been claiming to do voice interviews with everyone, so if they are getting 20 recruits in one day, who can they conduct voice interviews. It's also a voice interview to see if they are compatible with BOO so it would probably take 40 minutes. Not possible. If it is possible, correct me.

this, if true, will self correct when the game launches anyways.  I honestly don't worry about what other organizations are doing.  if they are doing crooked things, they will be found out eventually, and either way it doesn't effect me.

GalloInfligo, do you not realize how stupid this is? Each of these members are fake, gaining more attention and getting them more members. Even though it's false, they still profit. Don't you think that's kindof bad for the community. 

You should also consider what else I said about them and how they are bullshitting. 

Even though this is attacking BOO, I'm ready to get rid of this forum post if Cybrex get's his shit together.

This is coming from a guy who joined yesterday with only two forum posts.   LOL.  Looks to me like it's probably someone from another org who might be a bit jelly.

Who cares anyway?

Yeah, but at least this guy has an actual forum account and is actively contributing to the community. And I don't think anyone is jealous of faux accounts.

Also, the people who care are the people who want legitimate organizations that don't create fake accounts to look bigger and better than others.

Just saying.

They are going to grief, because as it stands, there is no way control can be maintained over the members. As well, if they grief, so what? They get kicked out of the organization? That's all that happens!

I'snt that the point of being an outlaw?

Or am I mistaken?

Now BOO has also been claiming to do voice interviews with everyone, so if they are getting 20 recruits in one day, who can they conduct voice interviews. It's also a voice interview to see if they are compatible with BOO so it would probably take 40 minutes. Not possible. If it is possible, correct me.

GalloInfligo, do you not realize how stupid this is? Each of these members are fake, gaining more attention and getting them more members. Even though it's false, they still profit. Don't you think that's kindof bad for the community. 

You should also consider what else I said about them and how they are bullshitting. 

Even though this is attacking BOO, I'm ready to get rid of this forum post if Cybrex get's his shit together.

I think you missed the point of I Don't Care.  if that is how someone wants to try and recruit numbers, I Don't Care.  If there are members out there that want to join an outlaw organization, and can't come to the same understanding as you have, I don't care.  if there are players here now that only want to join the biggest perceived organization, I still don't care.  I only worry about my own Organization, and the ones I belong to.

the game is way to out for me to care about petty things like this.

-StrykerJohn

-Potatowalker

-emeraldcobal

-SmittyButler

-Zodiac

-Professionalmidget

-Pheonixend

-jacketmongol

-Morticious

-DariusJohnson

-Henry_Scott

-Sphinx

-DukeBaromoore

-Cafeteriasoup

-PrettySliced

-Candetta

-thestOrm

-Ironstahli

-Porkins

Also, straight up disrespecting peoples usernames and calling them out? Low blow man, Low blow

I think the main problem here is the suspicion that these members are faked in order to make BOO look bigger and more powerful to an outsider.

Yeah, I understood that. But my message is more overall. There are so many posts about nothing, people try-hard to get attention to their organisations. Somebody create fake accounts (possibly listed above, I don't judge).

Personally I prefer to spend my time and power to think about holes in game mechanic and think about possible improvements.

No, don't take this post down. I need this for entertainment.