Different Species?

Kuritho

"

Good day, Kiritho. 

The developers have struck out the possibility of any playable races other than human ones. They do plan on implementing wreckage and ruins, although it remains to be seen or heard, whether they will eventually bring aliens into the game. What I do know for sure, is that none of the people that came from the Novark are aliens.

"

"

Good day, Kiritho. 

The developers have struck out the possibility of any playable races other than human ones. They do plan on implementing wreckage and ruins, although it remains to be seen or heard, whether they will eventually bring aliens into the game. What I do know for sure, is that none of the people that came from the Novark are aliens.

"

Ah. So, there's little chance as a playable one but a slim chance of them being in the lore?

Ah. So, there's little chance as a playable one but a slim chance of them being in the lore?

"

That is correct, yes. Although the lore is pretty much finished already, except they plan on continuing the stories.

"

Devs have said that this is a story about humanity, and humanity rebuilding civilisation. They're thinking of scattering little bits of lore-related stuff around the galaxy but I feel like it'll be more likely to see the ruins of other failed Arkships rather than advanced aliens.

And don't forget people - 10,000 years.

A game with only humans in it, doesn't mean that those humans, on different Arks, have arrived on other worlds at different times in that 10,000 years. All sorts of evolutions/mutations/devolutions could well have taken place (and indeed it only takes a few generations - 1-200 years - to have a species noticeably adapt to a new environment - read the Mars Trilogy (Kin Stanley Robinson) for a great example of this idea).

Food for thought.

The more character customization the better I say.  But only humans at launch makes sense.  I'd love to see aliens down the road added as playable with an expansion or something.

But consider the technology levels at play here.  In the real world we're on the verge of some incredible genetic modification advances.  It's slow going as it's not something you want to mess up...  But such technology could be perfected and common place in the Game world.  So imagine that you're still classified as human but you can make yourself blue... or red... or give yourself horns or cat ears or fur or scales or a tail... even gills...  The possible combinations that a human could have could be huge.  And you could have genetic modification stations like hair salons in other games... 

If they do that though... the aliens will have to be pretty... well... alien if and when they are introduced.  They wouldn't be able to be Human shaped with familiar animal characteristics because humans would already have done that.  

the best way to insert them into the lore is you can play an alien species if you conquer their entire world, or do an alliance with them, both should be hard, and those aliens should be insanely rare (.0001% of planets)

the best way to insert them into the lore is you can play an alien species if you conquer their entire world, or do an alliance with them, both should be hard, and those aliens should be insanely rare (.0001% of planets)

They plan no NPCs expect the player placed traders.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at some recent interviews and stuff.

At release player customization will probably be fairly simple... male/female and gear...  More complex character creation is the second stretch goal on the Kickstarter.

I strongly desire immense amounts of character customization.  And if the ability to do so expands with time... then the ability to change existing characters to take advantage of the new features needs to exist.  I think such things could easily be explained as a genetic "barber shop"   

"

Good day, Kiritho. 

"

If there are aliens, there won't be playable but IA. For now, the species there will be have to be mere animals with no intelligence, but if they grow intelligence in the future (patch), we'll sure know, but I still prefer that some user discover that update by himself for things as important as those, only my point, but surprises makes a game adorable.

If there are aliens, there won't be playable but IA. For now, the species there will be have to be mere animals with no intelligence, but if they grow intelligence in the future (patch), we'll sure know, but I still prefer that some user discover that update by himself for things as important as those, only my point, but surprises makes a game adorable.

"These ants appear to be making spaceships. Should we be concerned?"

-Intelligence