SilverLight Industries {Now Hiring}

JJxrIQz.png

SILVERLIGHT INDUSTRIES

“Per technicae incrementis”

The premiere interstellar industrial corporation.

Rebuilding civilized industry through connecting physical and digital realities.

Sensing, predicting, and responding to make humanity work better.

Metadata:
Language: English
Timezone: All (Global Membership)
Communication: Discord (https://discord.gg/Z2Frz59)

Organization:
Core Values: We are committed to Driving Success pursuing Operational Excellence in all divisions and areas of industry. Through Optimizing Operations we Improve Performance and Reduce Costs. Our research and development is Igniting Ideas, Connections, and Solutions.

Origins: During the early Arkship era the United Nations compelled many scientific organizations and technology companies to merge into single entity, SilverLight Scientific, dedicated to the development and construction of the Arkships that would save humanity. In the conflict on Earth leading up to the launch of the Arks many of those researchers assisted Project Cinderfall and infiltrated the Ark program.

Purpose: Upon arrival at Alioth, the scientific community immediately set about creation of infrastructure for the survival and progress of humanity. Rebranded as SilverLight Industries, we are devoted to coordinating scientific and industrial efforts on an interplanetary scale.

Want to know more? > Here <

Organization Focus:
- Employing all skill sets and skill levels
- Resource discovery, mining, and management
- Ship building and design
- Programming (scripts that make constructs work)
- Research and Development
- Marketing

SilverLight Management: Driving Success

The Director of Silverlight Industries is the chief executive officer of the organization and is assisted by coordinators from each division along with a small group of consuls that form a Consilium of advisors. These senior managers are responsible for overseeing all aspects of SilverLight Industries and ensuring personnel are productive, satisfied, and fairly compensated.

SilverLight Operations: Operational Excellence
The backbone of Silverlight Industries is composed of all operational departments that focus on the primary workload and purpose of the organization. Operations handles the scouting, mining, and refining steps of the industrial process while having dedicated teams working on research, construction, and element programming. The bulk of SilverLight’s workload is handled within Operations. 

SilverLight Security: Improve Performance, Reduce Costs
The protection of Silverlight Industries from all threats, internal and external, are handled by the various departments within the security division. Security is tasked with protection of physical assets, personnel safety, and information integrity. Whether personally armed for combat at all times, or patrolling in state-of-the-art warships, they will be empowered to decisively defend SilverLight from all aggressors.

SilverLight Logistics: Optimizing Operations
Responsibility for tracking, storing, selling, transporting, and predicting resource allocation needs falls to the logistics departments. Logistics crunches the numbers to distribute resources to the construction bays and markets they need to go, maintain competitive pricing at open and private markets, and provide feedback on market trends to optimize SilverLight profits. Internal administration and strategic planning are conducted by Logistics personnel.

Cinderfall Syndicate:
SilverLight Industries is a proud member of the Cinderfall Syndicate! This means that members of SilverLight Industries enjoy the protection and benefits of Cinderfall citizenship simply by joining SilverLight. Thanks to our non-exclusivity clauses, members are welcome to join other organizations in addition to SilverLight, some minor restrictions may apply.

Agreements:
As an Independent Corporate Entity, SilverLight Industries retains authority to negotiate directly with other organizations, including governments. We register our public alliances, treaties, trade negotiations, and other agreements with the Cinderfall Syndicate. These agreements normally allow for SilverLight Industries to establish standard pricing, acquire resource rights, employ citizens, set up a branches within government organizations, or apply expedited trade with industrial organizations. If you are interested in establishing a public or private agreement, contact the Director or member of the Consilium (discord preferred).
- Terran Union
- Diverse Unified Alliance

Now Hiring!
SilverLight is currently hiring players interested in working in one or more sections! If you feel that you fill one or more roles listed above or have good ideas, apply! Our discord server actively engages in planning, designing, and preparing for alpha, beta, and full releases! (Senior Executive and Corporate level officers are selected from members demonstrating singular allegiance to SilverLight, exempting one nation-type membership.)

@ShadowLordAlpha thanks, and btw. i wanted to ask: if someone is intrested in more than one branch, do i need to choose one? ( I mean like being prospector and harvester at the same time :D)

@ShadowLordAlpha thanks, and btw. i wanted to ask: if someone is intrested in more than one branch, do i need to choose one? ( I mean like being prospector and harvester at the same time :D)

nope (also those two are part of the same branch :P it would be more like programmer and harvester)

nope (also those two are part of the same branch :P it would be more like programmer and harvester)

Well then it's good - if the mining will be only a bit similiar to EVE i could mine and not watch cute Cats but do something and programfor example a talking robo-cat to assist me in my hard work  :P

Welcome to SilverLight Industries

- rmhenn

- Lord_Fierce_XIII

- Dominar

- Unique_Player

Also the main post has been updated to include nation type organizations that have some kind of agreement with SilverLight Industries

• 2 weeks later...

Will SilverLight be a manufacturer of small combat craft?

I may be interested in exo mechs, small combat crafts, or minimal something to stand my short.. erm.. bold self on during combat. Might you be able to machinate some contraptions?

Will SilverLight be a manufacturer of small combat craft?

I may be interested in exo mechs, small combat crafts, or minimal something to stand my short.. erm.. bold self on during combat. Might you be able to machinate some contraptions?

Most likely as capital ships will be far to large for a normal person to easily afford especially in the beginning of the game. We don't expect anyone to build a capital ship for a while but colony ships will probably take place right after we manage to get FTL type travel up and running and capital type ships soon after that. Smaller ships would be an easy way for people to get around (like cars) and a fighter can dodge and cause damage to a capital ships like how a mech would be able to outfight people on the ground for the most part.

I think NQ is developing hovercraft engines for ground based vehicles, so will you be building those too? :P

yup mostly because I think that those will be the only real transportation type for ground based vehicles. I think they said somewhere that they won't have wheels or tracks or rails because of the physics involved with them though I could be wrong (hope i am) as I really want both a large train system and a space elevator (train that goes to space from the ground)

I think they said somewhere that they won't have wheels or tracks or rails because of the physics involved with them though I could be wrong (hope i am) as I really want both a large train system and a space elevator (train that goes to space from the ground)

I could thing of a few ways to make a monorail system or space elevator using hovercraft engines.

I could thing of a few ways to make a monorail system or space elevator using hovercraft engines.

I can think of some also the problems come from the fact we don't know how they will work and so I can't really make the plans or how the elevator would look