Aeonian Federation [Now Recruiting]

I must say, I've never been a fan of trailer-like player org promotion videos. Most of the time at least, I see game trailer footage that is "rehashed" and some music or a few text pieces are added. While one could say that's better than nothing, I am not really sure.

But here comes the great but(t).

That doesn't mean I dislike the whole idea, don't get me wrong. Even using game trailer footage is fine if "done right". Perhaps I'm simply "overfed" from seeing above-average use from remixed game trailer footage in another game (SC).

And while this org trailer has the general "movie trailer theme" I must say it is very well done.

I guess in the end the footage you used is simply fitting and right while the additional editing is good, too. Perhaps I can also relate a bit because I tried a similar thing once, but prefer more "minimalistic approaches".

To summarize: I think people can do a lot wrong with the format you have chosen - you have done a lot if not everything right however. I also like the "symbolic footage approach" that I can relate to - it seems like a movie trailer now and that is a big plus for a player org to build some world around it via believable or symbolic footage.

I must say, I've never been a fan of trailer-like player org promotion videos. Most of the time at least, I see game trailer footage that is "rehashed" and some music or a few text pieces are added. While one could say that's better than nothing, I am not really sure.

But here comes the great but(t).

That doesn't mean I dislike the whole idea, don't get me wrong. Even using game trailer footage is fine if "done right". Perhaps I'm simply "overfed" from seeing above-average use from remixed game trailer footage in another game (SC).

And while this org trailer has the general "movie trailer theme" I must say it is very well done.

I guess in the end the footage you used is simply fitting and right while the additional editing is good, too. Perhaps I can also relate a bit because I tried a similar thing once, but prefer more "minimalistic approaches".

To summarize: I think people can do a lot wrong with the format you have chosen - you have done a lot if not everything right however. I also like the "symbolic footage approach" that I can relate to - it seems like a movie trailer now and that is a big plus for a player org to build some world around it via believable or symbolic footage.

Dunno mate, I was like, waving my glowstick around when I saw the trailer. Pump that orchestral-epic-techno Astro-baby!

Video is nice. Love the CGI work, music is a bit over the top for my tastes but it works. I am guessing you used stock footage for the live clips?

My only complaint is that you need to adjust the kerning on most of your typography. Much of the type reads terribly. This might escape the eyes of most but I picked up on it without looking for it. Outside of the kerning issues it's well done!

Given the recent discussions on the forums surround the organization known as COPS, I would like to once again reaffirm that members of COPS, self-proclaimed pirates though they may be, are nevertheless entitled to certain rights just as the rest of the community is.

The right to form one's own organization, and the right to join an organization which one may find interesting, are given privileges that should not be subject to attempted sabotage or other malicious tactics, merely because that organization or individual's ideology is disagreeable to some. If said entity were to intentionally detract from another entity's ability to enjoy the community and Dual Universe, then counteractive measures are entirely justified. However, ridiculing or committing hate crimes based merely on disagreeable ideals is under nearly all circumstances improper and toxic.

With that said, Cinderfall (collectively) is not one to tolerate such noxious behavior directed toward any party in the community. As such, while we would be overstepping ourselves with a complete endorsement of the Coalition, we do extend a feather of support to COPS concerning this matter, and discourage any further hating on COPS or its members.

Birds of a feather flock together, not to be shot down by some disrespectful person.

Dark

CSYN Prime Ambassador

I appreciate you extending this feather of support. Although we may not be allies, the enemies of my enemy are my friends, and to this you have our support should you need it.

Thank you,

Pirate Kiklix

Given the recent discussions on the forums surround the organization known as COPS, I would like to once again reaffirm that members of COPS, self-proclaimed pirates though they may be, are nevertheless entitled to certain rights just as the rest of the community is.

The right to form one's own organization, and the right to join an organization which one may find interesting, are given privileges that should not be subject to attempted sabotage or other malicious tactics, merely because that organization or individual's ideology is disagreeable to some. If said entity were to intentionally detract from another entity's ability to enjoy the community and Dual Universe, then counteractive measures are entirely justified. However, ridiculing or committing hate crimes based merely on disagreeable ideals is under nearly all circumstances improper and toxic.

With that said, Cinderfall (collectively) is not one to tolerate such noxious behavior directed toward any party in the community. As such, while we would be overstepping ourselves with a complete endorsement of the Coalition, we do extend a feather of support to COPS concerning this matter, and discourage any further hating on COPS or its members.

Birds of a feather flock together, not to be shot down by some disrespectful person.

Dark

CSYN Prime Ambassador

I highly respect your position DarkTemplar, and want to express my appreciation and thanks for your very honorable position. It is very refreshing, and encouraging to read such a message as this. It again makes me feel hopeful for the community going forwards, and your decency and consideration of COPS in this way, will surely not be forgotten.

Thank you most sincerely.

Greetings Astrophil,

I'd like to run a small highlight on your organization on the Dual Universe Sleepers website; I just PMailed you the raw text, please feel free to check and let me know if you require any correction or information complement before publishing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, reinforcing some points here.

I'm looking for people who will be interested in filling leadership roles within the Cinderfall Syndicate. The Syndicate is more than a guild, its more than an alliance of guilds, we are providing the single largest international collective of major organisations, but now Astrophil and I need some help to keep things operating smoothly.

Namely I am looking for players who would like to be a part of this massive effort. In order to achieve this I'm looking towards the players in cinderfall operating a bit like Jedi.

I need you to have a focus on maintaining balance in a universe that so often tips to one side or the other. Embrace the light and the dark, the everything and the nothing.

We're looking for Magistrate Council members, the uppermost level leaders, you must be very wise and very leadership oriented. We'll need help planning and running cinderfall and other organisations that benefit us. A Major leader position equivalent to that of a guild leader, but remember modesty, harmony, balance, you must be able to work well with Astro and I and be a good person.

'Marshals' a vague term for now, well need some people beneath the Council to help administrate tasks, these people might be sorts of Admirals / Generals or so forth.

'Lieutenants' a vague term for now, the support officers for the 'Marshals'.

Masters, the various players who have excelled in varied fields of gameplay. If you prove you can be respectful and adhere to the rules of Cinderfall you can achieve this rank, invite new players in, mentor new or existing players.

We have many other roles open as well. I operate Walküren-Lün, a manufacturing operation that we will staff with cinderfall members, TU citizens, and possibly a few CSYN member orgs citizens will be able to help.

The JSDF (Joint Syndicate Defence Force) We have engineering and military operations that will have pop up positions from time to time as tasks dictate.

Really we have it all, its so difficult to focus on one specific area because of the scope of the international efforts. Come help be apart of the premier civilized organisation, the Cinderfall Syndicate.

Remember everyone out there. When the good guys that promise you everything turn bad, the syndicate will still be here keeping itself on track, protecting its members freedom, and fighting for whats important you. We'll do what dark things need to be done in order to make your' gameplay the best it can be, we arent pretending to be good guys nor are we bad guys there is just what is the right thing to do.

Tired of getting calls in the middle of the night to sign in and fight for some unimportant space rock? Come join the JSDF - Joint Syndicate Defence Force, and help us alleviate this problem. Perhaps you would rather focus on building, well thats fine well have many engineering projects and there are many member orgs who would love to have your help. There's also the magistrate, help keep balance and harmony within and outside of the cinderfall syndicate.

No role inhibits you from living the full experience of any other role, come join up directly or seek out a member org today!

roberto_07.jpg

a non-du conceptual art by Roberto, non profit usage, check out the artist for yourself http://robertorobert.blogspot.com/

Im still here for you all, but things keep going missing around here. a shipment was due today of urgent medical supplies for kids with a crippling disease from the 10,000 year hibernacle journey... poor kids...

GeVdFdj.png

Come join Cinderfall if you want to help get to the bottom of who keep's taking all the medical supplies and food.

If youre looking for a place and want to build up a civilization and not just your own private empire to be the nerd king of. 

Here is a speel of my basic hopes and ambitions of cinderfall.

--------------

The Cinderfall Syndicate is to create a high security and safe space within the game. Since the world will lack any form of forced safety that Non Player Character organisations provide such as in EVE.

Starting from Alioth, well build Emberstone a completely safe place, where noobies can come and get a grip, they dont have to join Cinderfall. We will try to explain the pros and cons of various organisations to people, even orgs that do not support the Cinderfall mission or sign on.

So we will make efforts to classify cities, areas, planets, solar systems, stargates, and miscellaneous with a simplistic security rating system to let people know the general value of a safe or dangerous place. We are legitimate so while others might tell you a place is safe, it might not actually be, Cinderfall will not lie about its security ratings you can trust them.

The Syndicate is a loose collection of organizations which agree to the Cinderfall mission. However just being a member does not necessarily make this a traditional alliance. An application process will be developed for bringing new organisations in, and the Syndicate Senate may at times vote new members into the syndicate at large or even onto the Senate itself. This senate does not control any relative aspect of players gaming experience but guides Cinderfall and its objectives, such as where to place hubs, how much sales tax a hub will have, the location of cinderfall stargates, and other various topics.

The JSDF will be expanded or shrink to cover the high security locations that are established as mentioned before. Its members will consist of the cinderfall primary members of the Magistratum or the JSDF as well as Syndicate members who join as a secondary citizen. If you haven't time for secondary responsibility within Cinderfall itself but are a member of the syndicate, your org may be cleared to have its own operational branch, or expeditionary force, under the authority of the JSDF.

The Magistratum will work as an effort to seek balance and harmony in the syndicate, and to do its best to help those even outside of the realm of civilization. A Magistratum Archive will be constructed in Emberstone where peoples may share or find information on various scripts that have been made, we want to improve the quality of the game for as many as possible. The primary role of the members of the Magistratum and thus Cinderfall is to provide conflict mediation based on philosophical guidelines the Magistratum coems up with in order to best serve everyone in keeping the game fun while actually solving problems as best we can. 

----

So if ANY of that chunk of death interests you come at me, we all know I could use help.

To rebuild civilization, order and balance is needed, not more chaos.

Whoever is out there, if you feel the urge to protect the innocent, and create a stabil game for everyone, then apply, for such energy shall not be wasted. If you have read the above, you know what we truly stand for.

Tander Coxic

I love your eloquence :P

Cinderfall would like to welcome the following new members to the Syndicate:

Alexander_Gonzales
kohsumi
yogi1992
TanderCoxic
Jaysonnj
TheKoolBanana
OCTANDOR
jorahn
VoxTheFox

Welcome! We are honored to have you among us as CSYN citizens.