Holo Table decorative prop (D.U. art inside)

Kiklix

This is for those who are new to Dual Universe (and the forums) and whom have not seen some of the art/in game assets shown by Novaquark.

​You can see more art assets made for Dual Universe by visiting the media section here. http://www.dualthegame.com/medias

How cool is this! A decorative Holo Table for ships and bases/buildings. The globe graphic is just too much!

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.www.novaquark.com/marmoset/Holo-Table.html

https://twitter.com/dualuniverse/status/649990683252670464

honestly why do you feel the need to start a new topic with one picture in it?

It really was not intended. I started with a recent post Dual made on twitter that showcased some new elements for the game that were not updated on the official site. A lot of people have not seen all the art assets due to being new members and a lot of them do not use twitter. I was just trying to share some of the art Dual had made as in game assets. As I got started though, I thought "well most of the forum members are new and have not seen these", so I decided to post more in the same format as the first couple I posted. I stated on numerous occasions that there was more to show, but that I did not want to spam. I am sorry if my sharing the art for Dual has offended you.

​EDIT: I also failed to recall the media section on the website, so I edited all of the threads to include that link as well actually as an attempt to stop posting like I did, and in fact I did stop posting. Again, it was not intended it just kind of happened as a work in progress.

​EDIT 2: If you would like I can send the forum moderator a PM and request that all my posts be removed or condensed.

i mean its nice you post these updates here coze I agree that some people might find it hard to find! so good job mate ;)

why not make a topic and put all of the info in one called "updates" or what ever, that way its easy to find, and if you ad something new it will be bumped up automaticaly.

Super cool stuff. Really impressed with the detail and quality the Novaquark team are putting these items. Tells me they mean business and also want this game to knock socks off.

I wonder how easy or hard it will be to obtain or make things like the holotable.

that holo table looks pretty cool, i wonder if its going to be interactive. and i wonder if has to be setup on a planet or if we can put them in our captial ships and have it display what ever planet we happen to be orbiting.

Hoping for interactivity as well. I love props that are decorative but with some degree of functionality too if possible.

It looks great, but if that is indeed taken straight from Halo, you can forget using it. However if DU made their own version, that would be nothing short of splendid. 

lol that's true Dygz. Mr Kiklix here already made his holotable way back  ;)

As for the Dual Holotable, when I see things that look good like that, I always hope deep down it will be a useable/functional object, but I can understand not everything can have a function and will be for decorative purposes. There'll no doubt be tons of other things keeping us busy.

I wonder if glowing textures will emanate light, cause I'm tots into creating atmospheric dark stations with only screens and holotables lighting the thing up. Tis' gonna be a beautiful. Tis' gonna be my Batcave. >_>

I wonder if glowing textures will emanate light, cause I'm tots into creating atmospheric dark stations with only screens and holotables lighting the thing up. Tis' gonna be a beautiful. Tis' gonna be my Batcave. >_>

Would be cool if so. One of The Sims games (I know, totally unrelated to DU) had TV screens that gave off light. Is such a small thing, yet I missed it when later Sims games didn't have that. Being able to have a dark room, or ship interior, only lit up by the equipment/decorative items inside would be very atmospheric.

Would be cool if so. One of The Sims games (I know, totally unrelated to DU) had TV screens that gave off light. Is such a small thing, yet I missed it when later Sims games didn't have that. Being able to have a dark room, or ship interior, only lit up by the equipment/decorative items inside would be very atmospheric.

The problem is the game engine. I'm not familiar with Unigine 2 at all. Don't know its default capabilities or what kind of shaders the dev team has worked into the engine. Although kind of taxing to put such lights in a place, I am not stranger to cutting light altogether in the batcave, only letting some lightlines on the floor to guide the way.

The problem is the game engine. I'm not familiar with Unigine 2 at all. Don't know its default capabilities or what kind of shaders the dev team has worked into the engine. Although kind of taxing to put such lights in a place, I am not stranger to cutting light altogether in the batcave, only letting some lightlines on the floor to guide the way.

Yeah even a little bit would be nice, even if just in light elements.