Large Weapon Turret for Dual Universe (D.U. art inside)

Kiklix

This is for those who are new to Dual Universe (and the forums) and whom have not seen some of the art/in game assets shown by Novaquark.

​You can see more art assets made for Dual Universe by visiting the media section here. http://www.dualthegame.com/medias

This is a large Weapon Turret to be used on larger spaceship constructs. The PIPES here would feed to these guns to provide power. Too cool!

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.www.novaquark.com/marmoset/Turret_01.html?platform=hootsuite​

https://twitter.com/dualuniverse/status/703285049853140992

EDIT: Below is another weapon, a Laser Cannon

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.www.novaquark.com/marmoset/Canon.html?utm_source=hootsuite

https://twitter.com/dualuniverse/status/667770755724263424

They included a scale, ask and you shall receive.  Now you can know how many men can fit inside of the barrel of the gun, that is mounted in racks of four on the destroyer you are about to engage. I am sure that'll make you feel better.

Right! Dual has a lot more art to show, I just feel bad for linking what I have so far. I really do not want to spam the forums....but I know a lot of the new people have not seen this stuff, some of it goes back before the E3 announcement.

@kiklix.

Is it christmas or something? So much goodness :o

I have been keeping up with Dual for a long time, longer than I can keep track and I really love their art/concepts. The forums have exploded since Dual was announced at E3 and it dawned on me tonight that a lot of you guys may have not seen all the cool stuff they have made for the game. So I though I would share some of them. I only stopped because I feel bad for spamming the forums even though there is even more to share.

Much like you do, for some reason the stuff Dual has been making hits me right in a soft/happy spot. I salivate over how beautiful their art is and based on what I have seen so do others :D

@kiklix

I hope the unigine has porting capabilities and the devs run a contest, so I can dust off me old Blender 3D. Ridicu,ous coilgun models FTW.

That would be cool. I just hope all the elements do not kill the FPS. The voxel game I currently build is gets hammered pretty bad by mesh objects. Of course they are using a very old very dated engine and I think DX9 or something, its pretty outdated.

I mean, look how big this thing is compared to the player model, holy molly O_O

Ohh totally. Once you envision a bank of these on one side of the ship towards the front and realize there are two more banks behind it, on the same side, in the same quarter and you still have 3 quarters left for the front upper half, then 4 below and 8 mirroring them....just on the fore end of the ship...all of a sudden the ship takes on a seriously massive size :D

​It will be awhile I think before we can build stuff that large, and it will be costly and an engineering feat when you consider the power requirements, the conduits that have to be run etc etc...things start to really come into perspective and create too much fun.

Landmark o.o?? That game is hammered by mesh onjects.

Well, I often place "props" (their mesh objects) in the neighborhood of about 1500 on larger ships. Any less and it seems like the detail starts to fall off, anymore and you can seriously kill the FPS.

I had made an engine that had over 3000 props on it with all kinds of moving parts, steering clear of light objects (those are the worst offenders) and I could go from 107 FPS to about 15. So ya, there is definitely a limit to what is realistically achievable.

​That being said though, they do not support Sci-fi like dual does and their props are more generic. I have to put a lot of pieces together to create something unique. In one element with Dual, I can easily see 10-15 props worth in Landmark (I was thinking some of the pipe elements in dual).

@kiklix

I feel you mate. Perhaps they will make macro objects, especially for mechas :P In landmark I built a scaled down version of Gypsy Danger , I can see myself putting rffort into building the real one in Dual :P

Right! Dual has a lot more art to show, I just feel bad for linking what I have so far. I really do not want to spam the forums....but I know a lot of the new people have not seen this stuff, some of it goes back before the E3 announcement.

Don't feel bad! Please post more. Speaking as a new guy who is very interested in learning everything possible about this game, but also never tweets and/or books face, your posts are great!

Here's hoping the soon promised new community website whatsit will have all the dev posts without requiring me to look at multiple outside sources.