Companions (AI, Creatures)

Kuritho

I'd love to have a companion over the long dark void of the universe...

And maybe some fresh lunch if the situation gets desperate.

AI COMPANION

I'd love to see an advanced AI giving you some hints, maybe try to start a universal conversation:

Is the tomato a fruit or a vegetable?

Hey! Look! DIRT! You don't see that everyday. 

Is the cake really a lie?

Why are we here again...

Woo... we actually did it. My calculus suggested below 0.1 success rate.

Just some conversations idea.

Maybe power consumption just... for realism. Upgrading the core to have different personalities as well.

CREATURES COMPANION 

I dunno. This would be pretty obvious. Maybe the pet would circle around you ever so often.

Eat something, herd animals. You know, the usual stuff.

Why should I adopt (or make) one?

Brilliant question!

Well... utility.

Remember kids, its only animal abuse if you get caught.

Don't abuse animals. That's wrong.

Having a companion sounds like an amazing idea, and a huge advantage for solo explorers.  If nothing else an extra inventory would be nice.  Although personally I would go for the MechaDragon, for the sheer versatility of having the flying mount ( yes I realize there are spaceships, but I want a dragon damn it), the combat power, intelligence, carry potential, and the upgrade potential of having a mechanical companion. 

When it comes to A.I. I think it will be something more in the lines of programming moving parts in your ship or vehicle in general. Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

Imp, I think an AI could be either bought by someone or programmed yourself (or use a default one).

I think a regulator AI would be nice as well.

Imp, I think an AI could be either bought by someone or programmed yourself (or use a default one).

I think a regulator AI would be nice as well.

If that is the case good sir, I know what kind of robot I'll be making. The kind of one yelling "EXTERMINATE, EXTERRRRMINAAAATE!"{ xD :P

If that is the case good sir, I know what kind of robot I'll be making. The kind of one yelling "EXTERMINATE, EXTERRRRMINAAAATE!"{ xD :P

I'd just make 1 that is a sentry that plays a warning like:

Back Off, you are Trespassing the KWS Property!

This far into the future and AI will either be everywhere (built into everything commercially) or made to look like anything we might want. So, an AI navigator, or engineer...or a dag that follows you around with the IQ of twenty Einsteins...lol there would be almost no limit to what an AI companion could be.

@Kuritho

This sums up m point on Mechs.

Everything about this is awesome. Love that movie.

Just imagine, doing a Titanfall style drop unto a city, with 4 huge organic monsters chasing you.

Mechs are going to be possible, they already said that a few ways ago in the "daily answer thread" (or whatever its name is). So why adopt a biologic creature, when you can build a better mech version by your own? :D

Mechs are going to be possible, they already said that a few ways ago in the "daily answer thread" (or whatever its name is). So why adopt a biologic creature, when you can build a better mech version by your own? :D

Getting a biological one will have advantages such as not requiring power, roleplay, looks...

You know guys if there would be an A.I. you will need to make it froscratch. It means that if you want fromit to talk something to you under "Circumstances here" you will need to programit yourself (or order it from me or other people :) )

Or maybe, big MAYBE we were not just sleeping in cryostasis but some of us managed to have out of body experiences and some even reached a deeper connection with the cosmos, enabling them to befriend the planets plant and animal life. Even making the companion more skillfull compared to his previous wild feral form. So in a sense they can still keep up with the mechanical companions.

Or maybe, big MAYBE we were not just sleeping in cryostasis but some of us managed to have out of body experiences and some even reached a deeper connection with the cosmos, enabling them to befriend the planets plant and animal life. Even making the companion more skillfull compared to his previous wild feral form. So in a sense they can still keep up with the mechanical companions.

Last time I checked good sir, titanium was stronger than bones :P

So i was thinking about pets and AI in the game a while back, but more along the lines of a ship's computer, or KITT from Knight Rider, or Tony Stark's digital butler guy in the Iron Man movies.

It would be pretty cool to be able to add a component to a construct that gave it a limited npc AI.  I'm not talking about automating it, i know we'll be able to do that to an extent with scripting.  I just mean some kind of interactive voice type thing.  Something to add a bit of personality to your home or ship.

Maybe a few voices to choose from.

So i was thinking about pets and AI in the game a while back, but more along the lines of a ship's computer, or KITT from Knight Rider, or Tony Stark's digital butler guy in the Iron Man movies.

It would be pretty cool to be able to add a component to a construct that gave it a limited npc AI.  I'm not talking about automating it, i know we'll be able to do that to an extent with scripting.  I just mean some kind of interactive voice type thing.  Something to add a bit of personality to your home or ship.

Maybe a few voices to choose from.

I'd love something like that. Something to greet me when I get home from a long and threacherous journey, or even when I'm about to embark on one.