Internal Sensor Systems for Capital Ships and Space Stations

CosmicDragon

The ability to, when building your ship or station, place individual components that can be used for many different types of feed back to a central station in the command center of the like.  Weather the components would only cover one type of sensor or be an all in one package could be determined by skills used to build them.  The feed back could be from video, thermal and inferred to air density, and some sort of advanced medical scanner.  The necessity of these systems might not be there, depending on if there will be boarding actions, how damage to your ship is dealt with internally, if you can have stowaways, medbays, internal automated defenses, if one person can run a space station, gambling establishments in or that take up the entirety of one ship, and a simple vault where a community would store their vast wealth.  And even then if none of those are in the game, having the ability to look at your ship though security cameras would be pretty cool.  So tell me what you guys think, even though the majority of this post was just a list of other ideas i had.  

Welcome to the forums CosmicDragon!

I agree with your ideas, if there's a potential for ships to be boarded (which they've stated might not be in Alpha or Beta, or even at the beginning of release) then there should be sensors that alert you when it's happening.

I haven't put as much thought into internal sensor system as you clearly have, but you certainly have me thinking about them now :-) 

Yeah having feedback from various parts of a ship would be really cool. The best thing to have in a command center would be a configurable map of your ship/station that will show damage or other events occurring within the ship.