Height and Depth Restrictions (planet tiles)

Talyn VonGoosen

Hey everyone,

A lot of people are talking about what they want to build on their territories but I was wondering a little more about territories themselves.

I guess my main question is, when you seize control of the 1km hex tile what are your limitations of building in a vertical sense?  ie, can you just keep building as high as you want? Or would you need to buy a hex tile above you if you want to exceed 1km height? What about below?  If you dig 1km below, would you need to purchase a lower tile? (a concept similar to how Landmark territories were handled)

I guess I'm just kind of wondering how it is planned to be worked.  The last thing I would want is to build a city and then decide to build a subway (as was discussed by players here) and find that someone had already purchased all the land under my city.

Edit: Noticed this post which also discusses claiming tiles

I'd imagine once a territory is claimed, you are safe to build as high and as deep as you wish. It wouldn't make much sense to limit the territory to 1km in high/depth as well as radius. 

remember the cobble towers in minecraft? well guess what will happen here...

perfectly shaped dirt penises

and for sure some contempory artists will make them visible from space, as chinese did with the great wall

perfectly shaped dirt penises

and for sure some contempory artists will make them visible from space, as chinese did with the great wall

They even have spheres so you can make the balls better.

You can build anywhere without a TCU. The TCU is there to prevent others from building in your claimed space. So you get a 1km hex, and i believe the dig depth is 2km. I also believe the height of the TCU claim is 1km.

I would assume with no block physics you can keep building abover the 1km, but it be unprotected

Well based on that you could possible build bridges between planets. Assuming that planets don't rotate, which I really hope they do. But regardless, I feel like a space elevator will actually be super easy to make. And like others have said, you can build wherever you want, relatively. TCUs are to protect what you make.

Hey everyone,

A lot of people are talking about what they want to build on their territories but I was wondering a little more about territories themselves.

I guess my main question is, when you seize control of the 1km hex tile what are your limitations of building in a vertical sense?  ie, can you just keep building as high as you want? Or would you need to buy a hex tile above you if you want to exceed 1km height? What about below?  If you dig 1km below, would you need to purchase a lower tile? (a concept similar to how Landmark territories were handled)

I guess I'm just kind of wondering how it is planned to be worked.  The last thing I would want is to build a city and then decide to build a subway (as was discussed by players here) and find that someone had already purchased all the land under my city.

Edit: Noticed this post which also discusses claiming tiles

The devs have mentioned in the dev blogs and elsewhere that territory borders will extend 1km from the planet skyward, and all the way to the center of the planet.  In reality, you can only dig so deep into the planet (there is an unknown barrier).

https://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Territory_Control