Creature creation (Warning: Bad English)

WorldsNoob

Maybe there could be macines you could build in order to make creatures specifically made for one objective, so you could make creatures that gives more food, more nutrition or you could get some DNA from a tameable animal/creature, and combine the DNA with a bigger and stronger creature's DNA, to have a chance to make a bigger and stronger pet.

This would be good for building farms for getting good companions especially for lone wanderers. B)

I don't entirely disagree with this. We are on this path already in real life. The crisper genetic tool comes to mind.

Although well be able to program robotic entities already. I'm not sure they will want to implement a new mini game and creatures with pet logic.

However this could be your beginning to suggesting it.

If nyzaltar likes it he will come in here and say I forwarded the idea to the dev team!

I think we should explore the ideas of what resources would be usable from animals. .

Perhaps glue? Could be a finished good? To sell?

I was only suggesting the pet part because it would maybe be easier to some people, then to programe a robot.

And some people just want an alternative to robots.  :)

This game is about something else, the combining DNAs part is not necessary nor could be implemented smoothly in the game, without many other features revolving biology. There are way more important features the devs should focus before this. 

Still, a taming and breeding mechanics, pretty much like minecraft, would be cool, and probably is going to happen. 

Creating a creature from a machine would not, because there would be no point in taming and breeding. 

• 3 weeks later...

What would be cool is implementation of a creature designer similar to what they have in Spore where you can create unique creatures (or perhaps plants) that will populate a world - especially if you are trying to terraform it.

What would be cool is implementation of a creature designer similar to what they have in Spore where you can create unique creatures (or perhaps plants) that will populate a world - especially if you are trying to terraform it.

but a BIT more limited than Spore... (otherwise we will see so many dick planets)

• 4 weeks later...