Food, Sleep, Logout location etc.

vylqun

gives sense to flora and fauna, it's an important feature for exploration, a resource to trade, store, gives sense to kitchen elements, add a lot to roleplay (chairs, tables,...), and so on... ofc neither i want it to be an annoying feature, but wih the right dose, could be a nice addition to the game

- flora and fauna make sense without food, be it as hostile enviroment that has to be survived or just because its a planet with an ecosystem

- "important" feature for exploration, it'd be just another consumable additional to energy, fuel and similars. Not really nessecary.

- ressource to trade and store - one of hundreds of ressources, the market won't need food to strive because every other ressource would still be far more important and traded in a far higher volume.

- sense for kitchen elements and rp, i'll give you that, it does make sense for rp. But then again, for rp you dont need to make food a nessecarity, just keep it as rp element without a need to eat it.

You come equipped with a very powerful and central tool, rigged right into your arm: the nanoformer. This tool uses incredibly sophisticated nanotechnology to allow you two things: to collect materials and store them in a nanopack (think of it as a super backpack, with space and gravitational compression capabilities), and to release these materials in various forms anywhere you want in your environment. Very convenient! Inside the forest, you have no difficulty to find wood, cutting large trees and gathering stone materials when you find them on the ground. Soon, your nanopack gets filled with various materials and you can start to think about building your first shelter. The process is very similar to Minecraft at this stage, but you will have many more possibilities to carve the structures you want to build into almost any shape. Still, we believe in the simplicity of some elementary geometric shapes, at least as a start, to make the process of 3D construction less cognitively demanding.

At this stage,

it is not clear if we will have enough time until the alpha to implement NPC animals to come and bother you during the night, as well as serve as hunting preys. But that’s the idea, because you will need to feed yourself, and the nanoformer cannot make wood-based lunch for you!

----https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2014/08/17/about-the-alpha-gameplay/#more-313

• 3 weeks later...

This has been brought up 4 times now including this post.

Logging out

What happendes when you log off?

Preferred logout mechanics? I suggest we use this one as it is the oldest.

And more about food and water.

Food and Water I suggest we use this for future food and water discussions.