More Atomoshpiric Depth/ Effects

jonesey5603

Hey i was wondering if you guys were working on implementing more atmospheric depth to get to land? I feel it would help the players in total immersion, also gravity friction coming in to a planets atmosphere  would be great (coming down like a giant fire ball so to speak). I know it would cater to the sim. type but i think it would be great to add to the total immersion. Cheers 

hey, it would help to distinguish pure spaceships from transatmospheric craft.

ships that arent designed for reentry heating/shock wont fare well when coming down

but the shuttles designed to bring stuff in/out of atmospheres do it without being hugely bothered.

so you'd have to design landing boats for your transport / invasion and cant just land with the largest ship you have.

I think it would be a cool feature, so that if someone set up a base on a planet with an acidic atmosphere others wouldn't come there as often. Which would add an element of a hidden or backwater world base which could aid black market dealers and such, or if the acidic atmosphere is to complicated then you could have an oxygen level which dictated how easily survival on a world was. Such as a limit to how long you can have oxygen outside without tech assisting you.

I think it would be a cool feature, so that if someone set up a base on a planet with an acidic atmosphere others wouldn't come there as often. Which would add an element of a hidden or backwater world base which could aid black market dealers and such, or if the acidic atmosphere is to complicated then you could have an oxygen level which dictated how easily survival on a world was. Such as a limit to how long you can have oxygen outside without tech asisting you.

That'd be awesome to have a huge military manufacturing unit in the middle of a huge planet, sapping its heat and mining rocks of ice to stay alive.

That'd make some people do a quick search on those planets sometimes.