Create a new forum section for player factions and organizations

Warden

Less of a gameplay, more of a forum idea.

We currently have both player and organization introductions in one category.

I suggest that we (well, mods / admins that is) create a new category for player organizations, alliances, etc. This may be more useful sooner or later in my book and may eventually make finding them easier. It also looks a bit better.

Of course the sooner this would be considered and implemented, the less work you have later on as you move threads over.

If we assume people are for this idea, how could one execute it as we have threads in the category already?

Perhaps users are allowed to move their own threads between categories. If that's not yet possible (I didn't try so far) or not intended then mods could move threads upon request. There aren't that many organizations yet so that should also not be too much of a hassle.

Check out the AMA, this is coming next week  :P

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/841-ask-us-anything-event/?p=7308

The community website is supposed to cover player organizations, making characters, etc. , as was discussed during the E3 presentation:

(at 5:14 in the above video if it doesn't go to the right timestamp)

• 2 weeks later...

With the new site in place and use, I still think it may be a good idea to have a dedicated forum section for player groups. After all, they continue to use the forum.

This would "untangle" player and org introductions a bit. Of course you could do it the other way around, too, and create a new section for player introductions. Whatever results in less work.

• 1 year later...

Bump. 

As more players (and organizations) join the forums and post respective threads, for current and future ease of use and getting a better overview I highly suggest creating a new forum section solely for player introductions so that the Arkship pub only lists organization promotions or related discussions. 

The arkship pub could also be renamed, while the new introduction section could be called arkship pub instead. 

In that order you have little work; existing introduction threads in the current arkship pub can remain there, be moved occasionally or in one go. 

I hate to post in succession, but with more introduction threads popping up I was wondering if there could be a somewhat official response on whether this is planned or not so much planned.

I still think it would help the general forum structure and organization seekers later on to split player introductions and org promotions. And maybe the easiest way would be to have a new section for player introductions. 

I would support this idea. It's great to have the intros all in one place, but after a while, an org specific intro topic is where you go to for questions and answers about that org while player intros die out after a few days.