Looking for Workers

WanderingBard

I don't have a lot of time right now to get into this but I am looking for all types of workers once the game gets started to mine, build, and assemble a space station. I already have the designs in mind and all the details. I want to hire people (with real and in-game money) so that I can get this thing going as quickly as I can once the game is released. 

I am making a way point with all types of things for various players. There will be a bank, a marketplace, ship docking, living quarters, everything a person needs in game will be present including drone sentries to keep the populace safe and a jail if someone should get out of hand. 

I will very surprised if, by the time the game launches, anyone who signs up to work will even still be around to join you. Only because release is still 2-3 years away, and people are easily distracted and forget about the commitments they make this early on.

Might I suggest joining up with the Razer server and starting out by just getting to know some of the people in the community first? You might actually have more luck finding people who want to join you that way :-)

Well, I thought the game was gonna be released in early 2017. Anyways, there is quite a bit to do before the release. There will be logistics for the materials, the location of the space station, and how the systems operate. 

As far as joining the server... I'm not sure what that even means. Is that the pre alpha? and how might I do that?

I will very surprised if, by the time the game launches, anyone who signs up to work will even still be around to join you. Only because release is still 2-3 years away, and people are easily distracted and forget about the commitments they make this early on.

Might I suggest joining up with the Razer server and starting out by just getting to know some of the people in the community first? You might actually have more luck finding people who want to join you that way :-)

Just curious, is 2-3 years your personal guess or something NovaQuark said?

Just curious, is 2-3 years your personal guess or something NovaQuark said?

Just my personal guess, based on how long they've been at it, the scope of the game, and some other research I've done into NovaQuark. 

Hmmm. It is ambitious goal indeed to pull enough people together for this project.  Sadly I will be creating my own station in contention of yours by the sheer power of my Voxelmancy will.  :angry:

Seriously though put me on the list.  It's an interesting idea and there is no harm in trying.  Organization may be key just to make sure you cover all the in-game skills needed to build it.  That in itself might drive some people away. The thought of filling a role you might not like has always been a point of dissatisfaction?  Contention?  (Can't seem to think of the right word.) for role playing gamers.  So I suppose much of it will depend on how NQ implements the skill system.

Well, I thought the game was gonna be released in early 2017. Anyways, there is quite a bit to do before the release. There will be logistics for the materials, the location of the space station, and how the systems operate. 

As far as joining the server... I'm not sure what that even means. Is that the pre alpha? and how might I do that?

early 2017 might be the stat of pre-alpha, thats still a loooong way till release.

Also keep in mind, that pre-alpha and alpha accounts and servers are normally wiped regulary or at least at the end of the phases, so paying real life money for a space station which will be deleted shortly after might not be worth it.

early 2017 might be the stat of pre-alpha, thats still a loooong way till release.

Also keep in mind, that pre-alpha and alpha accounts and servers are normally wiped regulary or at least at the end of the phases, so paying real life money for a space station which will be deleted shortly after might not be worth it.

He's right.  There might indeed be harm in trying.

Let me clear some things. It has been roughly confirmed the Devs are going to start crowdfunding by the end of this year. Which means a playable alpha for crowd-funders (hopefully) shortly after.

Edit: Just realized someone already said this, ma bad.

so the 2017 is just an pre alpha.... that is too bad. But that will be my time to learn how the game designing goes and how much I can get out of the situation. I can start the station there under my own abilities and learn what and how the building will go when I get into the Beta and final release. Thanks for that bit of information. 

I guess this thread has met its end till further notice. I will leave it open for discussion though. 

Great idea. However, your going to have to add into your plans that much of the start of the game will be on a planet. I've seen a few posts that say it could take months to get to space (I can't remember where they are). Now this could be good for you. Allowing you time to plan more logistics and properly prepare for the construction.

The Devs plan on having a sort of 'early access'. However, it won't be anything like Steam Early Access as this time, the game will actually be ready for it. So the end of this year/beginning of next year should be when the first playable, and hopefully stable, version is released.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...