How I went mad.

Anaximander

DISCLAIMER : THIS STORY WILL BE PERFORMED IN CHARACTER. ANYTHING WRITTEN IN THE STORY IS REPRESENTING OF THE FICTIONAL CHARACTER, NOT THE AUTHOR HIMSELF. ANY QUESTIONS WILL BE RESPONDED TO IN CHARACTER.

==================================================================================================

Nobody chooses to call themselves Twerkmotor. Then again, nobody would believe them Arkships were ever going to be needed. They called me crazy, them top-heads and generals, calling me insane for pointing out the obvious trap we were heading ourselves into. 

Have you ever wandered why we would ever put ourselves in hybernation, if we have warp-drives? It diffuses the purpose doesn't it? Well, have you ever wandered, why your first instinctual thought when hearing about spaceship is "big guns" ? Why you think of alien worlds and the first twitching motion is the trigger-finger squeezing? That's right soldier, now it all comes back, doesn't it?

They told us the war would bring safety to humanity. They told us the war would secure humanity's existence for ages to come. I guess those buzcut heads must function as echochambers, since there seemed to be no brain whatsoever left in those top-notch generals. The aliens knew our tactics, they had millenians to perfect war, they only had to amp the scale of one tactic in particular and we were done for. Scorched Earth they called it back in the day, the aliens called "Collapsing a Star". 
 Do you know what happens, when you warp into a system and the star collapses? You never come out of warp. The black hole's orbit flings you past it, as warp will allow you to exceed the escape velocity of the black hole, but at what cost? Say bye bye to your loved ones, you won't be seeing them EVER again.

I told the top-notch grizzly pilots in fancy uniforms that the aliens collapsed the stars, it's not something that happens every other time and so often. They called me crazy. "Noone can collapse a star. It's beyond ANY technology that can exist" they said. I guess handling a rail-gun makes EVERYONE expert in nuclear fusion and weak nuclear interactions. When Alpha Centauri's binary stars collapsed at the same time, we knew we were done for. 4.5 years they gave us to pack everyone of importance into the Arkships. That's how long the gamma radiation would take to reach planet Earth and turn its own atmosphere into a microwave oven. They came to me, told me that I had foresight , they told me my knowledge wa valued. 

I showed them my brother's death-mail, saying he was K.I.A. after the battle of Kaliban system. I showed them my wife's last letter, having it made into a portrait. For your information, she went "missing", along with an entire squadron of ships under her command. She never had time for children, she had to fight the good fight you see. I told them I will be waiting the end on my lawn, possibly with the barbeque going.

They told me the aliens had lost control of their tech that disrupted the core of stars, something about quantum frequencies, how the galactic center was "infected" by the disruption of the aliens' weapon. Yeah, guess what happens when you disrupt a supermassive black hole. That's where the Arkships came in.

It was tech meant for EXTREMELY long travels. Warp can make a travel to a system ten light years away to last only a day or two. But another galaxy altogether? That took time. Time that would be needed spent in cryosleep. They told me I could make a difference in humanity's new era, far away, to a galaxy safe from possible quantum frequency disruptions in the core of its stars. I said yes to that. That would be a good way to make my life worth its while.

Guess what, the aliens had blown up their own territory's stars so much, they were out of materials to enact their own Project Ark. One last hurray in being assholes, amirite? Even as we boarded the arkships, those friggin' aliens kept fighting us. They got our starbird side in a kinetic barrage - tell you what, Arkships are enormous, cumbersome, up until they hit warp, then they fly as fast as any star-hopper jet could. One in every ten arkships was destroyed. I retrospect, I hope those were the last things I could recall.

While being prepped for cryostasis, I took the liberty of conversing with the men and women in my pod-group. I asked them of what their field of expertise was, given my assumption that the arkships would have people of science to help rebuild humanity. As I asked the first man on my left, he replied "Heavy Weapons operator". The woman across me said, "Sniper" in a hick accent. Slowlly, every other person spoke up and soon, they all started exchanging their batallion numbers, where they had served, how man drops in power armor they had under their belts, confirmed kills, stories of gorious glory. Then it hit me. I wasn't there to rebuild humanity. I was there to build weapons for a new and senseless war when the time comes.

I had ninety centuries of cryo sleep and lucid dreams to see the same nightmare. My brother, dying in an onslaught of aliens, then I saw others' brothes dying, others' wives dying. I saw the endless cycle of hate and misery, brought by a "new" humanity, rooted in a military gene pool.  That's how it started, getting mad.

Now, as I'm standing here, awoken, unfrozen, isolated in the bridge of the arkship, with every airlock open in the ship and every cryopod ejected down the planet, I only have to wonder how long will these grunts take to kill each other with sticks and stones. Surelly, it won't be long. I wasn't thinking straight, I must have dropped some engineers down the planet alongside the soldiers. Which gave me a better idea. Why build weapons for the army, when I can start selling weapons to everyone? Why not feed both sides of the war with the same weapons? Why not make myself less of a threat, give myself a silly-ass name. Yes, war never changes they say. Weapons though do. And it's due time for some upgrades. Perhaps... quantum-frequencies is the direction I should dwell into.

• 1 month later...

"I read this late, but it certainly does shed some light into your roleplay and name. Feeding both sides of the war, Captain Twerkmotor...You've gone round the bend."

I wrote it in like 2 minutes, hoped to revamp it though.

"No! Leave it as it is! You cannot take back the stroke of the pen. What do you want to change? The language fits your personality and the fictional Twerkmotor seems to agree with the role-playing you. I vote against amendment."

• 3 weeks later...

If it were not for The Empire I would have fallen into madness but the empire saved me and the remains of my people. But if you were to join the Empire you can serve as my general and together under the Emperors flag. We can reevaluate you and serve justice to the galaxy.

If it were not for The Empire I would have fallen into madness but the empire saved me and the remains of my people. But if you were to join the Empire you can serve as my general and together under the Emperors flag. We can reevaluate you and serve justice to the galaxy.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm registered in the Allied Corporate States and we are a neutral organisation that seeks to keep neutrality and open trade for any affiliate organisation.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm registered in the Allied Corporate States and we are a neutral organisation that seeks to keep neutrality and open trade for any affiliate organisation.

If you ever change your mind the offer still stands, friend

I want to forget the screams....................the screams that have haunted me for fifteen years, making me feel weak..............Enough of that who is this guy?

"I could tell you, but you'd forget immediately I told you."