Hello all!

Hello, most people usually refer to my as Legate. I've always been one for space sims that involve building to this level. I thought it would be nice to introduce myself so I get a feel for this forum. Usually, I try to stay away from forums, but for some reason I'm getting good signs from this game that it will be awesome. This, however, comes with a bunch of questions.

1. Will there be a life time subscription? I'm not too eager to pay monthy to play this game (which I'm honestly hyped for). I know that I can earn enough in-game currency to get more time, but sometimes I might take a break and lose my progress.
  2. Will Arkships be randomly scattered, 1 on each planet, or one on the player's orders?
  3. Are there going to be a limit on how many ships you can have? I tend to get carried away with creations.
  4. What kind of weapons will be there for us. I get carried away with this too, got to protect myself with at least 30 pulse turrets.
  5. Will we need to worry about food, water, and that stuff. Discounting oxygen because thats a necessary for ANY travel. Unlexx you're a Martian, then you can go around in a baron planet without worrying about the third factor.

Hope that I get answers and get to meet you all :D

-Legate

welcome to the forum. its a bit early to full answer any of your questions. 

however currently the plan is a p2p model with a flex plan. no word on life time subscription and all that.

for your second point atm it sounds like there will be only 1 arkship where all players spawn from. however this could change if it becomes to many people in one area.

far as your last 3 questions....no idea, atm we are all speculating in different threads on the forums. 

i suggest reading the devblogs to get an idea of where the developers are head and just browse the different threads already started and if you have questions still and no answers then feel free to ask 

These are actually rather good questions to be asking. Nice to meet you, Legate! 
I can understand your concerns about whether it will be a single payment to play the game or a monthly subscription. I have the same concern. While a single payment would be preferable for those who don't have that much money to spend on a game, the developers could benefit from monthly payments. Personally, I'd rather not pay every month.

Building limits for individual players. Didn't even occur to me. Wow. It makes sense, though. As this game plans on hosting a single server for every single player to play on at the same time, limiting the amount one player can build would keep the lag at a minimum. However with a server as big, I'm not sure it'll do much good. Probably would, but would it be noticeable?

I hope they do add the requirement to keep your player fed. It would give players a reason to visit the nearest planetary restaurant. There they could meet up with other players, creating new relationships and perhaps forming new deals, plans, and alliances.

All things to consider!