Is there a chance we will find another Arc Ship?

I mean it is possible. In the lore, there were supposedly hundreds or even thousands of Arkships being launched. That would entail that there could be the possibility that an Arkship that wasn't designed right or an Arkship what just failed for some reason. I mean, don't rule anything out.

I mean it is possible. In the lore, there were supposedly hundreds or even thousands of Arkships being launched. That would entail that there could be the possibility that an Arkship that wasn't designed right or an Arkship what just failed for some reason. I mean, don't rule anything out.

its possible that the ark field that we as players (maybe) able to create that use a special item will be found at the crash sites of other ark ships

its possible that the ark field that we as players (maybe) able to create that use a special item will be found at the crash sites of other ark ships

I thought of that as well. The Arkfield would likely have something to due with Arkships. For instance, Arkships being produced by a number of companies were being launched. These Arkships had flaws and changes between each model that might affect the outcome in the end. This could mean that some Arkships actually crashed and have some remaining supplies in them. As well, what if you didn't have a guaranteed chance to find a item for the Arkfield in the ship? That would mean players can find all sorts of loot in them, with the Arkfield being just one type.

• 1 month later...

We should also think about the posibility to have a new Ark ship placed where player spawn further in the games evolvement.

Probably if the planet of the original Ark ship is nearly out of resources.

Or other proplems acouring.

This is an interesting idea never thought of it, i like the posibilities it could lead to.

"It's going to be a race for explorers to find one. I wonder what they would contain. Do you remember the Ishimura from Dead Space?"

In the backstory, it says some of the Arcs missed their targets, some crashed. That leaves an open book for ideas.

When Sohan's Arc crashed Aphelia's(The AI) behaviour changed.  The crashed ones could have malfunctioning AI that you need to be able to deal with when discovered, eg. hostile defense/life support systems, or you could go the whole Battle Star Galactica/Terminator route and have one creating its own sentinels. 

Depending on their location you could have a whole wealth of resources or navigation intel worth collecting.

After 9000 years the ones that missed their targets would probably be out of fuel and just drifiting endlessly until they hit something so effectively you have unlimited possibilities to extend the story, either by finding them on planets further and further out or catching one up.

Someone says divide, I say diversify as not all start in the same place then, but it's up to the devs.

In the end you can still have several ships (in various conditions) but have one main starter location though. I personally am for more than one starter location however. Less convoluted place(s).

How about this idea: What if the arkships landed on different planets in different parts of the galaxy and players awoke in those various ships. Different societies would be founded completely ignorant of each other, and then, someone explores and runs into another player built and running civilization completely independent and autonomous of the one they came from. Wars could come from this. Trade agreements could come from this. Completely different cultures could come from this. And what if two civilizations banded together against two others and a fifth sold arms and ships to both sides.   There is some rich possibilities.

Personally, I think it would be awesome. Instead of a NPC alien civilization, we encounter a PC alien civilization.

• 3 weeks later...

No, no there isn't a chance. The lead Dev responded to that question in the interview with GrayStillPlays. It would divide the community to have two arcships and two different starting systems.

Do we have source on that - should stick it in F.A.Q

We already know that the Alpha Team Members will begin their journey on the first Arcship that lands. (The one from the short story) From there onwards, I'm pretty sure all other players start from the same place too, until it makes sense for new players to spawn from other Arcships. The devs could include a challenge such as leaving it up to us players to discover new Arcships. Once discovered, new players could choose to spawn there instead of the first Arcship to land. Then there's always the idea that crashed Arcships could contain plenty rare and/or powerful loot.