A different kind of idea

SkilledStealth

Ok so in hunt for more information i have come across a lot of people doubting this game and the developers already which i was quite surprised to be honest, so I had an idea;

I know this game is still really early in development but thought id start a thread just supporting the actual dev team and what they are doing, theres so many different types of games to suit so many different playstyles and because a game is not your playstyle doesnt make it a bad game just a different one. an example: No Mans Sky looks great and the whole exploration and depth looks impressive however its not my kind of game compared to say Dual Universe which is going to be a kind of player driven building game (very vague terms here) this game is so far my most favourite game that I am waiting for very eagerly as well haha yet it already has come under fire from others who are slating the game off and pulling it down which makes me sad really because this in my opinion will turn out to be a great game if all the core concepts are delivered I have no doubt whatsoever personally, agreed it is by no means easy and there is a lot to be done but wish people would back off and give the game a chance to shine and then let it show off down the line when its more complete I mean, you dont look at a baby and say 'they will grow up to be rubbish and bad' for no reason whatsover so just thought id start a thread where people could unite behind the devs and show them we do support them and will continue to do so and fend off the attacks from the pirates haha.

sorry for long post and not sure I could put this here but really wanted to, hate narrowminded people who cant and/or wont keep an open mind about things.

So NovaQuark go out there and show them all there wrong Im gonna be right behind you supporting you and this game

Thanks everyone anyways :)

Ok so in hunt for more information i have come across a lot of people doubting this game and the developers already which i was quite surprised to be honest, so I had an idea;

I know this game is still really early in development but thought id start a thread just supporting the actual dev team and what they are doing, theres so many different types of games to suit so many different playstyles and because a game is not your playstyle doesnt make it a bad game just a different one. an example: No Mans Sky looks great and the whole exploration and depth looks impressive however its not my kind of game compared to say Dual Universe which is going to be a kind of player driven building game (very vague terms here) this game is so far my most favourite game that I am waiting for very eagerly as well haha yet it already has come under fire from others who are slating the game off and pulling it down which makes me sad really because this in my opinion will turn out to be a great game if all the core concepts are delivered I have no doubt whatsoever personally, agreed it is by no means easy and there is a lot to be done but wish people would back off and give the game a chance to shine and then let it show off down the line when its more complete I mean, you dont look at a baby and say 'they will grow up to be rubbish and bad' for no reason whatsover so just thought id start a thread where people could unite behind the devs and show them we do support them and will continue to do so and fend off the attacks from the pirates haha.

sorry for long post and not sure I could put this here but really wanted to, hate narrowminded people who cant and/or wont keep an open mind about things.

So NovaQuark go out there and show them all there wrong Im gonna be right behind you supporting you and this game

I second that

im very excited for this game. i dont believe im over hyping myself though cause im well aware that alot of games are promised to be great but as they development team hits obstacles things get changed. how ever the great thing about mmo's is that the dev team can come back and deliver on those promises. If at release this game is half as great as i believe its going to be eventually then i found my new home for the next 10 years, or maybe more  B)

keep up the good work NQ

im very excited for this game. i dont believe im over hyping myself though cause im well aware that alot of games are promised to be great but as they development team hits obstacles things get changed. how ever the great thing about mmo's is that the dev team can come back and deliver on those promises. If at release this game is half as great as i believe its going to be eventually then i found my new home for the next 10 years, or maybe more  B)

keep up the good work NQ

i second that as well, i find myself being optimisticly cautious about new games such as this, but believe that these devs have a great idea and a defined direction that they want to go. regardless of what happens, it will be an adventure.

YES YES YES! Everything about this post YES. I appreciate everything the devs have done! And will do in the future! I was sold on the game before even being on the forums or seeing more than one video!

I can't wait to see everything that comes from the devs and the community!

+infinity to the devs!

Give me the names of these doubters.  I will create voxel effigies of them and destroy them in a thousand and one myriad ways like electronic voodoo dolls.   :angry:

I'm gonna keep it real. 

I played Landmark, hoping for Everquest Next to be the next big MMO. Turns out, SOE went to shit. I am a fan of building games, especially voxels. The dev team so far has IMPRESSED me with how much swag they throw about. 

Bluedrake42 talks shit? BOOM Video response showcasing voxels.

XPGamer has concerns of how heavy the game could be ? BOOM, Baillie shows up, playing the game on his laptop. ON HIS GOD DAMN LAPTOP.

That's what sold me on the game. Plus, Jean-Christopher Baillie has a background in robotics, like my father has and knowing my father's pool of knowledge, I would say Baillie can delvier on his promises on the game.

I have faith in NovaQuark too, their professionalism really comes across to me. I had some doubts regarding SOE, now Daybreak's ambitions for working on two games at the same time, but thankfully this isn't the case here. Here we have one game, and an obviously strong vision as to what the game is about, and where it is heading over the coming year.

It's also far too early to be concerned about anything. It's always tempting to want a new game to become the better version of an old game, but we've got to appreciate Dual Universe is it's own game, and remember it's still pre-alpha. Very early days.

Let's just give support and be excited about what's to come.

Hi everyone! 

On behalf of the Novaquark team, thanks a lot for your support! 

We were expecting to see Dual Universe received with skepticism by many as the game is really ambitious.

We are aware that several promising projects have been cancelled or didn't deliver at all what was expected from them in the past few years. So seeing a lot of people skeptic is perfectly understandable and we can't blame anyone for that (the only case where we can't remain silent is when someone makes negative assumptions and present them as a truth). All we ask from skeptic people is to give us the benefit of the doubt, to wait and see what we will present over the coming months, and we will listen equally to positive and negative feedbacks. We will also try to improve our communication, to minimize risks of misinterpretation (as it has already happened once). 

On the other hand,  we have seen the number of people supporting Dual Universe growing tremendously during the last month. And that has bolstered the motivation of the whole team! So thanks again for your support! You can always help us by just talking about the game to your friends, and if you don't convince them, it's perfectly fine: we aren't expecting to convince everyone with just discussions, some screenshots and one video at this point. Spreading the word that our game exists is already a big help! :)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Hi everyone! 

We were expecting to see Dual Universe received with skepticism by many as the game is really ambitious.

We are aware that several promising projects have been cancelled or didn't deliver at all what was expected from them in the past few years. So seeing a lot of people skeptic is perfectly understandable and we can't blame anyone for that (the only case where we can't remain silent is when someone makes negative assumptions and present them as a truth). All we ask from skeptic people is to give us the benefit of the doubt, to wait and see what we will present over the coming months, and we will listen equally to positive and negative feedbacks. We will also try to improve our communication, to minimize risks of misinterpretation (as it has already happened once). 

On the other hand,  we have seen the number of people supporting Dual Universe growing tremendously during the last month. And that has bolstered the motivation of the whole team! So thanks again for your support! You can always help us by just talking about the game to your friends, and if you don't convince them, it's perfectly fine: we aren't expecting to convince everyone with just discussions, some screenshots and one video at this point. Spreading the word that our game exists is already a big help! :)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

If NovaQuark will be able for real to create what said so far, you'll not even need to convince people. They will come by their own, guaranteed ;)

Hi everyone! 

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Thanks for the info. THe way i see it, this game is very ambitious, but it isnt attempting the impossible. A lot of what they are attempting to do has been accomplished in one form or another. What sets this apart will be the ability to bring it all into one massive game on one server.

I am impressed by what i have seen so far and as far as benefit of the doubt goes, ill give it to ya.

I am mildly surprised that the nay-sayers have already come out swinging in some aspects, but on the same token my steam library is full of half delivered promises and abandoned games. The lessons i have learned is that games that have a lot of interaction with the devs and public tend to last a lot better than ones that dont. From what ive seen these devs pride themselves on seeing what the public is saying and have had interviews with bloggers and the such just to let people know that they are listening.

I think i speak for most of us here when i say carry on with the good work and we all hope to be a part of making it a great game and watching it develop and grow.