Vouchers for bounty hunters.

SzaryWilk

Nice system will be in bounty hunting.

When we kill someone who was "wanted" and was the "prize" for him, we receive "voucher" with reward for him. To receive money from the "prize / voucher" we must have to realize this "voucher":

- to person who issued the award,

- or in place of issue / "Bounty Hunting module or terminal".

Physically this "vouchers" are in our ship hold or personal inventory:

- when the ship is destroyed someone else can "loot" this vouchers,

- if we die someone else can "loot" this vouchers,

Nice system will be in bounty hunting.

When we kill someone who was "wanted" and was the "prize" for him, we receive "voucher" with reward for him. To receive money from the "prize / voucher" we must have to realize this "voucher":

- to person who issued the award,

- or in place of issue / "Bounty Hunting module or terminal".

Physically this "vouchers" are in our ship hold or personal inventory:

- when the ship is destroyed someone else can "loot" this vouchers,

- if we die someone else can "loot" this vouchers,

could be interesting :D

Say you put a hefty bounty on my head.  I strip myself of all valuables, and get a friend to kill me.  He then goes and claims the bounty and splits it with me.  This was a common problem in Eve.  As much as I love the idea of bounty hunting it cannot be a simple kill/get money mechanic in this type of game.  I had some ideas on this topic a while back.  A short summary is that there need to be dynamic ways for players to put stipulations on their bounty contracts.  https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/274-bounty-hunting/?hl=%2Bbounty+%2Bhunting

Say you put a hefty bounty on my head.  I strip myself of all valuables, and get a friend to kill me.  He then goes and claims the bounty and splits it with me.  This was a common problem in Eve.  As much as I love the idea of bounty hunting it cannot be a simple kill/get money mechanic in this type of game.  I had some ideas on this topic a while back.  A short summary is that there need to be dynamic ways for players to put stipulations on their bounty contracts.  https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/274-bounty-hunting/?hl=%2Bbounty+%2Bhunting

Could be fixed if there was a bigger punishment for death :P

Could be fixed if there was a bigger punishment for death :P

Yes, I mention that in my thread, but how severe a punishment would you want to see for death?  At the moment it's loss of position, loss of what you're carrying and random inventory losses.  That's from a very early devblog, so unlikely to change just for the sake of making bounty hunting realistic.

I suggest the following plan for Bounty Hunters.

1. MAKE BOUNTIES ACT LIKE HIT-ON-DEMAND.

Bounty hunters are not cops. Therefore, anyone should be able to place a bounty for a certain amount of deaths. Why kill your ganker once and you can make him quit the game altogether, right?

2. MAKE BOUNTIES A QUEST (sort of)

Make bounty hunters PK on one another over the possible monetary reward of the bounty. I mean, they are hitmen... so... yeah.

4. ORGANISE A MASSIVE MEXICAN STANDOFF, AS WELL KNOWN BOUNTY HUNTERS MEET IN A SYSTEM AND KILL EACH OTHER FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT.

Self explanatory. 

5. ADD A SPECIAL CURRENCY FOR BOUNTY HUNTERS WHICH ONLY THEIR MARKS WILL DROP.

Salt. Yeap. Salt.

I agree with the lootable item, to prove your kill. Then the guy who issued the bounty may or may not pay you, and cool stufff could follow that. Maybe one day there will be a trusted corporaion that people will use to manage bounties.

i would add a couple of things: when you scan a ship, you get a "signature code" associated with that entity, and you need that code to place the bounty. His means that if you don't see the bad guy (because you were exploringa planet or wathever) you cant place that bounty.

A bounty hunter is able to use specific block, that can locate wanted ships by their signature code....higher skill (or better equipment), means longer range to find them. This could be used from outlaw to set traps for the bounty hunters too, cool right?

I agree with the lootable item, to prove your kill. Then the guy who issued the bounty may or may not pay you, and cool stufff could follow that. Maybe one day there will be a trusted corporaion that people will use to manage bounties.

i would add a couple of things: when you scan a ship, you get a "signature code" associated with that entity, and you need that code to place the bounty. His means that if you don't see the bad guy (because you were exploringa planet or wathever) you cant place that bounty.

A bounty hunter is able to use specific block, that can locate wanted ships by their signature code....higher skill (or better equipment), means longer range to find them. This could be used from outlaw to set traps for the bounty hunters too, cool right?

Yeah, well, then that Bounty Hunter will bring a few friends along and then we will have a galactic war that blew out of proportions because some people can't keep their blasters in their pockets. I mean, I don't care. I plan on being a weapons merchant. But you know what they say...

War, war never changes. Unless they add buildable mech-suits and ground, sorta third person shooting in the game. Then War definitiely got an upgrade.