Greetings One and All...

From a crusty old veteran of many dashed hopes and desires.

I was Vicarrah in Eve (beta and the first 5 years or so, transferred her to someone else after that), and have been either Vicarrah or Vicomt in many other games since. If you know me, shout out, if you don't, I'm pleased to meet you all.

Being a software developer during the day gives me some insight into what's being built here, and I applaud the devs for taking the "open architecture" route they seem to be heading for, give people tools, and as long as they have fun doing it, you're doing something right.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops, and if it works, I'll probably end up sinking FAAAAAAAAAAAR too many hours into it. (yeah, really too many, 1000+ hours on KSP f.ex.)

can I throw my money at you yet please?

WELCOME!!! and I don't think the kickstart starts till a few months from now. but im sure they wont turn any money down that you throw at them. unless its quarters. I don't know if they want to be pelted with quarters

From another EVE veteran as well a few others like Elite dangerous, Empyrion, and space engineers, i like to play among the stars.

Like Vicomt Im sure that this will consume a good portion of my free time lol and am excited to see it coming along. I would love to throw money at it as soon as possible this seems like a great game opportunity.

Would love to throw money to start playing and testing ASAP

Vicomt, you know ive noticed a few of us EVE players in the forums, we should think about banding together in game since in my opinion we have a very small advantage, we have played and some still play the only true Space MMO that is currently out there. We understand the communication, and theories that make a great corporation, im sure we could do the same in Dual Univers.

Welcome Vicomt. Yep. EVE Players are flocking to these forums recently since the new expansion. As to be expected, if one ship fails, move to the next best one.

As well, be sure to check out the community and browse around. There are a lot of ideas to be had, factions to join and just general good things around here.

Once again, welcome to the forums.

Vicomt, you know ive noticed a few of us EVE players in the forums, we should think about banding together in game since in my opinion we have a very small advantage, we have played and some still play the only true Space MMO that is currently out there. We understand the communication, and theories that make a great corporation, im sure we could do the same in Dual Univers.

I can't tell you how to run a corp, unless you want to be a Terrorist / Freedom Fighter ;)

I was Vicarrah, Combat Pilot for the Peoples Front of Minmatar, later Matriarch of the Tahiri, Member of the High Council of the Ushra-Khan, and between half a dozen of us nutters, we started the Ammarrian / Freedom Fighter war ;)

I wonder if Rodj Blake is going to turn up here, he usually seems to pop up in the same places as me ;)

Anyway, I played Eve for the (back then) small community and open playstyle, something it lost as it grew past the first thousand or so players, as people powered their way into bigger and better spreadsheets ships. I hope the diversity that DU brings will be able to engender the same sort of community spirit and story creation that Eve had originally.

As to everyone else that's welcomed me here, Thanks ;)

Vic