Greentings Space Travelers!

I was at E3 and had the pleasure of seeing this game and man i did capture my attention as it seems to be headed to the right direction! Something most if not all Space Sims have failed at. I really do hope this is it! and my long wait for the perfect space mmo is over.

I'm looking for a decent well organized faction/clan/guild and hopefully i make it into alpha/beta.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!!! anyways welcome to the forums. i believe the best way to get into the alpha is if NQ decides that one of the donor milestones is access to the alpha. Id like to think all of us here will get into beta though  B)

Yes. Welcome to a world where the limits are being pushed and taken into new directions.

Dual Universe seems to be very confident in it's abilities to be a game and the devs at NovaQuark have stated that they are going full force. As such, we have full reason to belive in them.

Welcome to the forum skylord

Welcome to DU, skylord!

Glad to see another interested party joining the game (no pun intended). Might I suggest first starting with the various Devblogs - they offer a wealth of information and should help you get fairly acquainted with the general concepts and mechanics present in DU.

I'm afraid your wait for the perfect space MMO isn't quite over yet - there's still a while to go before alpha :) but in the meantime, make yourself at home here in the forums.

As for organizations, there is a whole multitude of them to explore...oh wait! What's that down there? Oh my, one organization already conveniently linked below! What an excellent starting point! In all seriousness, however, there are many many organizations to explore here. Peruse them at your leisure!

Happy foruming - it's all you'll be doing for the next week.

Astro

Welcome to DU, skylord!

Glad to see another interested party joining the game (no pun intended). Might I suggest first starting with the various Devblogs - they offer a wealth of information and should help you get fairly acquainted with the general concepts and mechanics present in DU.

I'm afraid your wait for the perfect space MMO isn't quite over yet - there's still a while to go before alpha :) but in the meantime, make yourself at home here in the forums.

As for organizations, there is a whole multitude of them to explore...oh wait! What's that down there? Oh my, one organization already conveniently linked below! What an excellent starting point! In all seriousness, however, there are many many organizations to explore here. Peruse them at your leisure!

Happy foruming - it's all you'll be doing for the next week.

Astro

Hey! I know I am a subsidiary of you but you're already trying to steal my victim-uh I mean recruit. You should be ashamed of yourself :)

That's a very presumptuous accusation. Personally I got into space precisely to avoid traveling. First to get into a stellar-synchronous orbit around the sun, then I had to escape that to stop rotating around the center of the milky way, then I tried going in the opposite direction to the expansion of the universe, but the center of the universe kept running after me and I got screwed by physics. In fact I had to screw with the arkship trajectory navigation to make it happen, so this applies to everyone here.

So welcome, space stationary. 

Greeting Skylord!

What ambitions do you have for DU? That may lead you to the kind of clan you're looking for, as I imagine most of the groups here are going to be organized around certain play styles.

only difference between a pirate and a privateer is matter of perspective :P

For me is it not so much a matter of perspective, but rather a matter of the doings of the individuals that are named pirates or privateers. Let me take for example the two extremes of this "profession".

Pirate: Someone who is robbing and killing people, simply for easy self-gain and/or for the pleasure of, being the reason for and/or seeing, the suffering of other people.

Privateer: Someone who acts on behalf of a faction as a strategic resource.

I know there are many between thingies, but for me are this the main definitions for the terms.

Yes this is also a perspective, i know, i know. :rolleyes: ;)

For me is it not so much a matter of perspective, but rather a matter of the doings of the individuals that are named pirates or privateers. Let me take for example the two extremes of this "profession".

Pirate: Someone who is robbing and killing people, simply for easy self-gain and/or for the pleasure of, being the reason for and/or seeing, the suffering of other people.

Privateer: Someone who acts on behalf of a faction as a strategic resource.

I know there are many between thingies, but for me are this the main definitions for the terms.

Yes this is also a perspective, i know, i know. :rolleyes: ;)

lol well a privateer is a pirate to the one they are stealing from. I know that there are some lets say independent privateers lol