DUAL Universe: Developer Interview

Bella_Astrum

Ok I am going to go ahead and say it: NovaQuark is going to need a better PR plan then reacting to naysayers. It's starting to look like the best way to get an interview with the developers is calling vaporware on the game.

My favrote part of that video is when JC talkes about his enthusiasm for Sci-Fi, and his background in robotics, AI, computer science etc. I think that information helps to quell some of the attacks on Novaquarks vision. Novaquark is not just some random new company, its a company made of passionate, educated people who are very good at what they do. We see it in their demanor, in their transparency, in their art, in their design and ideas. Everything is done professionally, but maintains an air of humanity. Everything they do is done with seemingly solid intent and passion.

Ok I am going to go ahead and say it: NovaQuark is going to need a better PR plan then reacting to naysayers. It's starting to look like the best way to get an interview with the developers is calling vaporware on the game.

I'm sure they do... remember, they literally just officially announced the game before a large crowd. It's just now starting to get attention that it deserves and it's still a long way from even alpha.

I'm sure they do... remember, they literally just officially announced the game before a large crowd. It's just now starting to get attention that it deserves and it's still a long way from even alpha.

i can see an alpha maybe by the end of the year, but i dont expect early access or anything till well into 2018 by the earliest. but im patient.,,,,kind of lol just gives me more time to get through school and learn coding past basic html web stuff(that i havent used in err 8 years)

i can see an alpha maybe by the end of the year, but i dont expect early access or anything till well into 2018 by the earliest. but im patient.,,,,kind of lol just gives me more time to get through school and learn coding past basic html web stuff(that i havent used in err 8 years)

Well it was specifically stated that they are looking for the alpha test at the beginning of 2017 or at least around that time. I personally interpret that as the first half. Of course as well, that means that they will start leaking more and as such. It's also possible that the alpha, if it runs smooth enough and they get working on any immediate problems, it could be in beta by the end of 2017, even if that is a bit optimistic(which it is).

I don't know all the facts but I can bet that they'll be working pretty hard on it until the release to the public comes.

Well it was specifically stated that they are looking for the alpha test at the beginning of 2017 or at least around that time. I personally interpret that as the first half. Of course as well, that means that they will start leaking more and as such. It's also possible that the alpha, if it runs smooth enough and they get working on any immediate problems, it could be in beta by the end of 2017, even if that is a bit optimistic(which it is).

I don't know all the facts but I can bet that they'll be working pretty hard on it until the release to the public comes.

im being healthily pessimistic as most games get pushed off at least once or twice lol. to me beta and early access or different. beta is closed and early access is semi open to open

Right, well.. Actually they might not, I've seen some indie development studios and I wouldn't be surprised if their closest thing to a marketing strategist is the one coder with experience in retail, but that's besides the point. I am saying their might be more of a value in not reacting directly to the naysayers, but rather in pushing through with their own presentations and demo's to let the naysayers drown in the crowd of yaysayers.

Perhaps instead of trying to reach out to youtubers who take issue with the promise of game, look for youtubers who are into the game and give them the first look at the demo the xpgamer was playing. If there's anyone here who has a let's play channel, it might be worth letting the dev's know.

This was full of info. I liked hearing about combat. EVE style will work fo the ships but I wonder if there will be FPS combat as well? I wonder if that will work differently or not. It might be neat if it didnt and it was also based on "locking on" to your target. 

My one concern is relying on us to make too much and not providing some directional content. Something lore heavy. Maybe based on discovery and exploration. A thing for players to chase and head toward be it relics or keys to unlocking new tech or resources. A common storyline that we can all relate to while we create our own.

This was full of info. I liked hearing about combat. EVE style will work fo the ships but I wonder if there will be FPS combat as well? I wonder if that will work differently or not. It might be neat if it didnt and it was also based on "locking on" to your target. 

My one concern is relying on us to make too much and not providing some directional content. Something lore heavy. Maybe based on discovery and exploration. A thing for players to chase and head toward be it relics or keys to unlocking new tech or resources. A common storyline that we can all relate to while we create our own.

rebuilding human civilization I think its the main focus. I need to go read the backstory in the blogs still but I believe the focus is rebuilding civilization. I don't know if they will be any other narrative past that though. to much narrative and it becomes less of a sandbox

It has been a number of years since I was seriously in EVE (back then GoonSquad were the new kids on the block), but I enjoyed the "player created" stories that EVE had that fleshed out backstory and ongoing stories.  Instead of walls of text they actually had some formatting involved and seemed to follow the basic canon of the game.  That would be an interesting thing to have in DU, but that would need to be driven by the player base and have enough members of the player base with good enough writing skills to make the content interesting and compelling.

rebuilding human civilization I think its the main focus. I need to go read the backstory in the blogs still but I believe the focus is rebuilding civilization. I don't know if they will be any other narrative past that though. to much narrative and it becomes less of a sandbox

Only if the narrative is forced on us via NPC quests and such. I dont think having a rich lore and things associated with it is constricting, especially if you can choose to ignore it.