Targeting and Scanning other ships.

SzaryWilk

It will be nice if we can scan ships of other players.

1) When our ship is addressed on another ship we can "Targeting" .

2) When we direct our ship to another vessel we should see information / status of the another ship.

3) This information are displayed on a special panel in the cockpit of our ship.

- name of the vessel,

- vessel owner,

- state of ship hull,

- state of ship shields,

4) other information we can get if we have on our ship respective modules:

- Information about Bounty,

- Information about cargo.

1) When our ship is addressed on another ship we can "Targeting" .

2) When we direct our ship to another vessel we should see information / status of the another ship.

3) This information are displayed on a special panel in the cockpit of our ship.

- name of the vessel,

- vessel owner,

- state of ship hull,

- state of ship shields,

4) other information we can get if we have on our ship respective modules:

- Information about Bounty,

- Information about cargo.

I think that could depend on what kind of scanning equippment you have.

I would LOVE it if this info was/has to be displayed on a control panel. Yes a hud with stuff like highlighting position and distance would be expected but having to look at control panel or a large display would be great and give them a use. Kinda like elite dangerous:

447438167.jpg

Worst case: probably a pop out hud like EVE

best case:   A screen like that to display all ships/targets in area. and another for detail of one you have scanned like you mentioned above. Also all integrated into customisable control panels like mentioned here

I would LOVE it if this info was/has to be displayed on a control panel. Yes a hud with stuff like highlighting position and distance would be expected but having to look at control panel or a large display would be great and give them a use. Kinda like elite dangerous:

447438167.jpg

Worst case: probably a pop out hud like EVE

best case:   A screen like that to display all ships/targets in area. and another for detail of one you have scanned like you mentioned above. Also all integrated into customisable control panels like mentioned here

I hope for this... so much. That could be cool.

Neat idea. I liked the information that was provided in Elite however it was a pain to look at the screen sometimes. I think a side hud, when enabled would be a better fit. There should be a limit to how far the scanners work. For instance if I jump into a new star system should i be able to see everything at once or would i have to travel a few AU to discover whats here. I would prefer to have a blip to say there is something here but your scanners are to limited to see what it is.  Where do you draw the line to the range and the information. To much can be over whelming to little can be frustrating.

One thing that could be really fantastic - though possibly too much to ask - is if they used something like XML or CSS to control the display of information, and then allowed us to edit it to our own whims. Another way to do this could be allowing us to use blueprints as holograms and control the display orientation location and movement using LUA (Like some Space Engineers mods allow), it's a bit more cumbersome but if they make sensor data available as variables and include letter blocks we could still use something like that to create some pretty diverse information displays.

Neat idea. I liked the information that was provided in Elite however it was a pain to look at the screen sometimes. I think a side hud, when enabled would be a better fit. There should be a limit to how far the scanners work. For instance if I jump into a new star system should i be able to see everything at once or would i have to travel a few AU to discover whats here. I would prefer to have a blip to say there is something here but your scanners are to limited to see what it is.  Where do you draw the line to the range and the information. To much can be over whelming to little can be frustrating.

I think that level of customization would totally be in line with the spirit of the game and opens up another market for players. We could sell blueprints for huds that could be mapped onto ships. 

Your new ship comes with a standard HUD that is either generated by the game or designed by the ship designers. Then other players can customize and offer their improvements to the market.