yamamushi

Q&A Compilation Thread

I was reading Dual Universe Lore (Part 5), and had a question come to me after reading this part..

(I pointed my canon and offered a jet of sand at the spot where I had seen a beach, wood where the forest had briefly undulated, and stones where the monolith vibrated like a boulder. A melody was released, the monoliths slowly vanished.)

I was wondering, would we be able to just release the sand, stone and water back into the environment in a way that would be like primitive building?

For example: I suck up a large hole in the ground, and then spray the water that I previously sucked up, into the new hole. I have now created a lake or swimming pool.

Or if two of us wanted to prank a third person, we could have 1 person remove the ground from beneath them in a shallow line and the other fill it with water to make a river and push them away from the area.

I am not sure where this would go, it's not exactly about the game itself, but...

Will the brexit negatively effect NQ? Do you have any British employees who might now be loosing the right to work for you? Are you looking into legal assistance in work visa applications?

Will the server(s) be reseted or remade (meaning to start again) at the end of beta? and alfa? (hope so , maybe except blueprints...)

If yes, how? Just say " So yeah, beta ends.. so gl and hf when server(s) come online!"

Or maybe make it a bit more fun? Like sending AI army to wipe players slowly (or quicly) of the server, observe

who will last longest? Or what actualy will happend? Will all players join up , or will the community crumble ?

Are there going to be such ?foes? ("?xxx?" - cant find correct term) (though maybe not as strong) lurking somewhere in the universe?

Could unlucky/incautious explorer bring thread to all of us? (or at least many?)

Hi,

Would like to ask one more, I would say important question.

Since this is crafting and multiplayer game, this could bring very negatively actions. When somebody join the clan, this person can destroy ckan ships/bases/stations. As result, invite new members into clan will be huge risk.

I guess all clan members will have all information about clan locations. Also defence system will not attack these players because they are friendly, but their action could be interpritated as building/rebuilding.

Do you plan to secure players from "friendly" harrasment?

P.S: Question is not about how would you do that, but "Will you try to secure"

Will there be loading screens between Star systems?

it was written many time before... there would be no any loading screens between locations. Actually locations is more as formal thing, because there would be 1 massive location

I was wondering how limiting the excavation and city building is going to be. Is it going to be possible to make an underground city? or a city in the trees? or excavate a house in a hill?.

I was also wondering how complex the physics engine will be. More specifically can, can players create gears and other mechanical parts, and use those together to make something entirely new?

Building on this are there going to be specific buildings that will be required to consider a group of buildings a city?

Will we get smaller, ground-based vehicles, ergo being able to build tanks, cargo units for miners to string along and possibly, the dream itself, a giant tank that has a jackhammer as its cannon, to mine ourselves to victory?

I'm only curious about one thing.

1) We know that constructing ships and stations will be possible in DU, what about the creation of your own weapons, (perhaps armour) and tools? Obviously, there's crafting (Is there?) but every faction needs their own unique gear. (In my opinion) Otherwise, everyone will be walking around using the same weapons, tools, etc.

My thinking behind this is that, for factions that plan on developing technology, everyone being a master ship designer might get a little old.

Hello, a few questions for ya.

1) will organizations have a max number of members?

2) if an organization is a member of a larger one, will all of its members be members of the larger one? Legates of the larger one? Etc...

3) will buildings have purpose? For example i hear a lot about city building, but why build them if the buildings serve no purpose? I understand houses will have shelter and we can build a store, but is that the extent of buildings function?

4) i am also interested in the question already asked, can a player join more that one organization?

5) will the be territory to control in space, if so how big?

6) if there is no territory in space is all of a space stations defenses player manned or can it still be automated?

7) is there going to be a generic currency or will a player have to build a bank and create it?

8) can i build a construct, and have a self destruct programed into it to damage an intruder/attacker etc, and destroy its contents, preventing loot?

9) you have stated we can dig approximately 2Km down, is that from the surface or a sea level?

10) how far up do we control in our territory?

11) if we control sky, is the distance we control based on surface or a sea level?

12) is there a timeline for the organizations community site? And will the organizations be able to make in game settings changes from the web site or only in game.

13) will I be able to fully customize my store or other services i can charge for (tolls, usage tax etc) so that if player X attacks me or my stuf, i can set a higher rate for them?

And let me end with telling you and the Devs, awesome job! Keep up the excelent work!

Hello, a few questions for ya.

1) will organizations have a max number of members?

2) if an organization is a member of a larger one, will all of its members be members of the larger one? Legates of the larger one? Etc...

3) will buildings have purpose? For example i hear a lot about city building, but why build them if the buildings serve no purpose? I understand houses will have shelter and we can build a store, but is that the extent of buildings function?

4) i am also interested in the question already asked, can a player join more that one organization?

5) will the be territory to control in space, if so how big?

6) if there is no territory in space is all of a space stations defenses player manned or can it still be automated?

7) is there going to be a generic currency or will a player have to build a bank and create it?

8) can i build a construct, and have a self destruct programed into it to damage an intruder/attacker etc, and destroy its contents, preventing loot?

9) you have stated we can dig approximately 2Km down, is that from the surface or a sea level?

10) how far up do we control in our territory?

11) if we control sky, is the distance we control based on surface or a sea level?

12) is there a timeline for the organizations community site? And will the organizations be able to make in game settings changes from the web site or only in game.

13) will I be able to fully customize my store or other services i can charge for (tolls, usage tax etc) so that if player X attacks me or my stuf, i can set a higher rate for them?

And let me end with telling you and the Devs, awesome job! Keep up the excelent work!

Calm down xD they will only answer one question per day xD

Will there be some sort of aerodynamics model, or otherwise some difference between how ships maneuver in atmosphere versus how they maneuver in space?

My question is, will there be an "Engineer's Watch" on a multicrew ship? For example, managing shields and weapons' power output and overall management, or at least, should we expect that to be a job left to the LUA scripting?

So many people are discussing this by now

Will there be exoskeleton type suits that support the adding and removal of different modules? (Such as Night Vision, a personal AI, Minimap, light weight jet boosters, and so on.)

@Dominar 

If there's ground combat, vehicles could be invevitable, therefore, exoskeletons or more likely mecha-suits. To be honest, I would be contempt with having a pair of miniguns strapped on a turret, rolling on tracks and roadwheels. But 50 feet tall of course. It doesn't have to be Pacific Rim :P

Not all combat is suited for vehicles. In a space sim such as DU, Exo-Suits make absolute sense. Not the big chunky ones, the human sized ones.

Don't crush my dreams >:[