yamamushi

Q&A Compilation Thread

Question - does terrain and static constructs fly, if within gravity and without support? Or will they fall to the ground once connection is cut out?

I know that there is no structural integrity (due to being too complicated/taxing), but the question is about complete lack of connection, so flying islands Laputa style.

And if they do require connections, what happen when it's cut off? Do they disintegrate or fall to the ground then re-join voxel grid or fall to the ground and remain dynamic?

5 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

Question - does terrain and static constructs fly, if within gravity and without support? Or will they fall to the ground once connection is cut out?

I know that there is no structural integrity (due to being too complicated/taxing), but the question is about complete lack of connection, so flying islands Laputa style.

Yes, a mountain will "fly" when you dig through it completely. There's no physics (yet - and Most likely never will be)

19 hours ago, Lethys said:

Yes, a mountain will "fly" when you dig through it completely. There's no physics (yet - and Most likely never will be)

Thanks for answer.

Quite sad. I hoped for at least disintegration - that's relatively simple to implement.

It's not a balance breaker, as in this game most thing will fly so flying base is not a big advantage. But it would be fun to destroy bridges and towers by cutting off support.

My questions are simple, but i am curious never the less.

• Will there be a hunger system in this game?

• If so will it and other survival aspects be a focus of the game?

Thanks for any response :)

1 hour ago, Anotaros said:

Use the search function above, there are several threads dedicated to survival mechanics. :)

15 hours ago, Anotaros said:

Short answer is no.

Long answer is maybe later.

Hello

I comme back for a hibernation period, and I discovered that the founderd packd was "upgrade"

It's cool (thank NQ :D), but, how do i get/download the Creator Pack ?

I receives a mail with "private" link ? Or it has not been transmitted yet ?

Updates of the content of this one are expected? (ex: change of graphic charter)

1 hour ago, Meumera said:

Hello

I comme back for a hibernation period, and I discovered that the founderd packd was "upgrade"

It's cool (thank NQ :D), but, how do i get/download the Creator Pack ?

I receives a mail with "private" link ? Or it has not been transmitted yet ?

Updates of the content of this one are expected? (ex: change of graphic charter)

Hasn't been announced yet how you'd get that. When time is ready, you'll Most likely be informed by mail and/or an announcement here on the forums

1 hour ago, boots_1588 said:

Is there going to be a wipe right before the game gets released. 

It has been stated that there will be wipes between each test phase and at the end of the beta as we get the full game

Hello!

i was just wondering, how big can ships really get after release? I’ve been under the impression that «If you can dream it you can DU it», so in theory no limit to the size, just like space stations and ground buildings.

I just want to see Super Star Destroyer sized ships haha... And those sizes should be possible for massive and strong organizations. 

On 4/19/2019 at 12:10 PM, GeneralAdrian said:

i was just wondering, how big can ships really get after release? I’ve been under the impression that «If you can dream it you can DU it», so in theory no limit to the size, just like space stations and ground buildings.

Ships, stations, planets are treated equally by game engine so the there is no size limit, however, keep in mind that any space ship becomes a space station the moment that you fail to apply enough force to move it. Ships will have mass, movement requires force and fuel, build too heavy ship and it will be way too expensive or even impossible with available in-game engines to move it ;)

3 hours ago, Poldarn said:

How do I get access to the secret channels on discord?  I already threw 200 at the game.

The video the bot sends you on discord when you type the ~forumauth command explains it all 

I went through a few pages and never saw this mentioned, will admit I don't read any of the blogs so sorry if this question has been answered.

Controller Support? Ex. Wielding 2 Thrustmaster 16000m flight sticks I use for other games, looking for a good space game to really use them in

Hey Everyone. A interesting Question came to my Mind: How will DU handle the (lets call it) "Massive Impact" Players will have on the Ingame World? If anyone can dig "everywhere" wouldnt that cause a massive destruction of planets or the Overall World so that we have a big cheesecake like Alioth after a few Years or Months of playing?. 

I hope you understand what i am trying to say. And im not sure if theres has been already a topic for this question.

26 minutes ago, b_user said:

Hey Everyone. A interesting Question came to my Mind: How will DU handle the (lets call it) "Massive Impact" Players will have on the Ingame World? If anyone can dig "everywhere" wouldnt that cause a massive destruction of planets or the Overall World so that we have a big cheesecake like Alioth after a few Years or Months of playing?. 

I hope you understand what i am trying to say. And im not sure if theres has been already a topic for this question.

maybe players could unite/force all inhabitants of a planet to pay a little tax to pay a service squad of terraformers keeping the planet tidy. maybe there are some out there having fun doing that (or get rich by doing so) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10 hours ago, b_user said:

alioth is massive - that alone helps alot ;)

on top of that there are territory control units which only give certain ppl the right to dig on that tile

And again, this game is run by players. If you don't like seeing a swiss cheese then do smth about it. Make an organisation that deals with this. Interact with the community. Do smth about it yourself. That's what DU is about tbh