Jump to content
yamamushi

Q&A Compilation Thread

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, ShioriStein said:

thank you but another point i need ro know.

Will there be any unique module you only unlock by research ?.

Also will there some very unique module which only an Org can product or research ? will Org use alot ppl on one research or each person research themself ? can they share the research ( i hope not ) ?

I think you are a bit confused. 

 

The only research is (what we know so far) your player avatar skill lines. You as a player research a skill. 

 

Not a group of people or organizations. 

Once you have researched a skill on your avatar only you can use that skill. 

 

There are no group research skills or modules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh shit... my thought(dream) about research seem so unreal ...

But the idea that level up/ skill to unlock unique element make me feel sad how easy it is but no help, it only way to keep people not spam 'research' / unlock alot unique element in short time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShioriStein said:

oh shit... my thought(dream) about research seem so unreal ...

But the idea that level up/ skill to unlock unique element make me feel sad how easy it is but no help, it only way to keep people not spam 'research' / unlock alot unique element in short time

They want a passive progression system with skills because it's the only system that's fair to everyone. No matter how much you play, after one year you'll have the exact same amount of skills as someone who only plays once per week. The only advantage you'd have is that you'll have way way more ingame money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lethys said:

They want a passive progression system with skills because it's the only system that's fair to everyone. No matter how much you play, after one year you'll have the exact same amount of skills as someone who only plays once per week. The only advantage you'd have is that you'll have way way more ingame money

agree, thanks for answer my question. Now everything is clear, only human will decide the outcome not skill, research or battle gear :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ShioriStein said:

oh shit... my thought(dream) about research seem so unreal ...

But the idea that level up/ skill to unlock unique element make me feel sad how easy it is but no help, it only way to keep people not spam 'research' / unlock alot unique element in short time

There are no "unique" elements as far as we know. 

 

Every player will have the same base chance at acquiring the same elements. You will be able to craft what you have researched, same as everyone else who has the same skill set. 

 

However, the way you put elements together can be unique. Each player has the same opportunity to create a unique construct element configuration. In turn you can sell those on the market and you can become famous for that particular configuration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lethys said:

I don't know what "reaearch" means.

 

You train your character Like you do in eve: over time you train different skills. That's all. It's a passive progression and it's the same for everyone.

I suspect (MY opinion, No official statement yet) that you just get access to new elements if you have aquired the skills needed. They might add some sort of research like: you train skills and aphelia uploads those skills to your brain (Lore). You can now build space engines MK I. You could however put that blueprint of that element into a device to upgrade it to MK II. Enhance it with some materials you have to gather or Speed it up by dumping smth into that device.

But that's not planned and we don't know how we get the new elements

I just re-listened to JC's interview with Dual Universe Explorers (transcript) and in it he mentioned purchasing schema (used to build elements) from NPCs after unlocking a required skill to use it.  This makes me agree with the way you explain it. @ShioriStein You can follow the two links I posted to hear/read it as said by JC himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thankyou @Felonu , yeah my idea of research complete like a fog, even i only barely understand it =]] . So shame for me to not understand my own idea.

But thanks you guy for answer me now i got clear answer for myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings

 

I just found the game, and it looks very promising. Connecting vehicle building with volumetric terrain is something always gets my attention.

So I have few questions:

 

1. How meaningful vehicle construction is? Trailer shows ship with no visible manoeuvring thrusters, does it means that you need to just slap them anywhere and they apply force to center of mass? Or did I missed something, and you actually need to think of engine placement, center of mass, ect.?

 

2. Related to 1, how is destruction planned? HP pool (so all magic dragons and sci-fi open-work ships are viable combat designs) or block by block (so, unless other mechanics encourage something else, we'll see borg cubes)?

 

3. I've seen someone on forum posted about  "severe consequences of death". What does it mean? That we'll have to start all over once our small scouting ship crash into mountain due to short lag? Or that once we die in battle, we won't be able to rejoin it? Or maybe when we die game will say to us: "Shame! Shame! Shame!"?

 

I'll probably have more. Maybe there's some place with most common questions answered?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

1. How meaningful vehicle construction is? Trailer shows ship with no visible manoeuvring thrusters, does it means that you need to just slap them anywhere and they apply force to center of mass? Or did I missed something, and you actually need to think of engine placement, center of mass, ect.?

I think we will got small thurster which use to create force at side to fly.
 

 

54 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

2. Related to 1, how is destruction planned? HP pool (so all magic dragons and sci-fi open-work ships are viable combat designs) or block by block (so, unless other mechanics encourage something else, we'll see borg cubes)?

Well maybe element got hp but still i dont know.

But about the hull, as NQ said, if you get shot there will be "a hole" there.

 

 

55 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

3. I've seen someone on forum posted about  "severe consequences of death". What does it mean? That we'll have to start all over once our small scouting ship crash into mountain due to short lag? Or that once we die in battle, we won't be able to rejoin it? Or maybe when we die game will say to us: "Shame! Shame! Shame!"?

Well you will be respawn at  Resurrection Node.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for answers. 

About the first one I managed to find an answer in YT videos already - they've done it in quite intuitive way.

 

But more questions awaits:

 

4. Can we build sub-constructs? Like custom turrets, made of voxels and modules. Or simply one small vehicle hard-linked to another large vehicle (but with ability to rotate).

If yes, then is it limited to only parent-child (vehicle+turret) or multi-levels (body+arm+forearm+hand+finger)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

Thanks for answers. 

About the first one I managed to find an answer in YT videos already - they've done it in quite intuitive way.

 

But more questions awaits:

 

4. Can we build sub-constructs? Like custom turrets, made of voxels and modules. Or simply one small vehicle hard-linked to another large vehicle (but with ability to rotate).

If yes, then is it limited to only parent-child (vehicle+turret) or multi-levels (body+arm+forearm+hand+finger)?

This answer is hard to say because weapon isnt implement into the game yet also in this pre-alpha stage, so i dont know much about it too.

But follow many debate and get the conclusion (this is just from player view to assume, NQ maybe will surprise us ) that Turret will not be custom able because it just an element fix into the game like many voxel game there. So turret (or weapon ) will be thing, element not a voxel.

Also maybe someone with better answer will come so yeah now that is answer i give to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't need weapons to be implemented to function - just smart docking mechanics.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no custom turrets - that's the easy path most games goes for.

 

Another question:

 

5. Do we know anything about durability of the ship?

a. Will it just explode at some point, leaving nothing?

b. Or maybe we'll just disable enough components and leave it as crippled space hulk? 

c. Or maybe general durability will by high enough (compared to general weapon power) to make it virtually impossible to blow capital-class ship with just ranged weapons, forcing boarding action after disabling external weapons/propulsion?

 

First option is obvious choice for HP based or quick games. But AFAIK DU is not any of those. Second seems like a safe mid-ground. Third would really shine in combination with how detailed ships can be made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CalenLoki said:

It doesn't need weapons to be implemented to function - just smart docking mechanics.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no custom turrets - that's the easy path most games goes for.

 

Another question:

 

5. Do we know anything about durability of the ship?

a. Will it just explode at some point, leaving nothing?

b. Or maybe we'll just disable enough components and leave it as crippled space hulk? 

c. Or maybe general durability will by high enough (compared to general weapon power) to make it virtually impossible to blow capital-class ship with just ranged weapons, forcing boarding action after disabling external weapons/propulsion?

 

First option is obvious choice for HP based or quick games. But AFAIK DU is not any of those. Second seems like a safe mid-ground. Third would really shine in combination with how detailed ships can be made.

I hope its all of them...somehow...

 

Well if you are attacked by intelligent enemys they will stop shooting BEFORE your ship explodes to get some loot out of it.

If your ship gets completely destroyed there is nothing to grab for the aggressors.

Maybe there is a way to do a lua script that says if your ship shield drops to 10% execute an auto getaway to the next safe zone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question. It's confirmed that we'll be able to play with 3 characters per account. Question is: can other players check what is our account name, or only character name?

I.e. - can I have spy character within Onion ranks, while mainly playing for BOObs? Or the other way around. Are my rights (RDMS) tied to account or character? Can I wipe my reputation (together with name and skills) and start fresh?

 

All that within single account. Obviously someone who has multiple can do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

can other players check what is our account name, or only character name?

most likely only char name

9 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

I.e. - can I have spy character within Onion ranks, while mainly playing for BOObs?

yes

9 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

Are my rights (RDMS) tied to account or character?

character ofc

9 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

Can I wipe my reputation (together with name and skills) and start fresh?

wipe reputation? If people associate "Lethys" with BOO, I can do whatever I want as long as I have that name - ppl will always think I'm BOO. Delete char, new name -> new reputation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question: Where does quanta come from?

a. Is it something generated when you play? Some kind of rare material? Something you can get from NPC vendor for any resources? Something that generate over play-time (per hour income)?

b. Is it bought with real money? In packs or as monthly payment together with subscription? Can you use earned in-game quanta to buy subscription/premium items?

c. Is it just abstract reference number, and all the trade is barter exchange (goods for goods) anyway? (My personal fav. A bit more complicated for players, but the most fair and fun)

d. Some other source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CalenLoki said:

Where does quanta come from?

market bots. They buy your stuff from the market thus bringing more quanta into the economy

1 hour ago, CalenLoki said:

Can you use earned in-game quanta to buy subscription/premium items?

yes, you can buy a DAC on the market for quanta

 

see:

 

And

Quote

 

How is currency "created" and controlled? In the real world we have note printing and minting institutions and the amount of money in the system is carefully controlled (to avoid hyper inflation, hopefully). How is money going to work in DU? How is it created and what limits the amount of currency in the game?

 

The in-game markets will host some bots that will create buy/sell orders in order to act as money sinks and money faucets. This is one of the mechanisms, but we will also add some taxes on various activities, which will act as a way to take money out of the equation. We are still thinking about other ways to regulate the mass of money, but the general principle is that the amount of money should be proportionate to the economic activity in the game. This is a quite well know issue, and we will draw inspiration from other games that already dealt with it.

 

from

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...