yamamushi

Q&A Compilation Thread

Hi, I am new and I have two quick questions.

When does crowdfunding end? Because I wish to have a deadline just incase.

​(stupid question, but to quench my curiousity) Does the lifetime sunscription mean no monthly fees?

Hi, I am new and I have two quick questions.

When does crowdfunding end? Because I wish to have a deadline just incase.

​(stupid question, but to quench my curiousity) Does the lifetime sunscription mean no monthly fees?

"

There is no actual date to the end of the crowdfunding, but I believe the Alpha crowdfunding wave will end in a few months from now. From then on, it's going to be Beta funding. 

Yes, the lifetime subscription means exactly what you think it means: no monthly fees. 

Cheers.

"

"

There is no actual date to the end of the crowdfunding, but I believe the Alpha crowdfunding wave will end in a few months from now. From then on, it's going to be Beta funding. 

Yes, the lifetime subscription means exactly what you think it means: no monthly fees. 

Cheers.

"

Awesome, thanks for the information.

My few questions (sorry if there were answers before, I don't have enough time to read all threads and news):

1. If we construct some spaceship (for example small fighter with cockpit like on main trailer) will everyone have acces for it or just we and players with out permission (like keys in cars)? Or maybe everyone could just get in and stole our ship? The same question about doors.

2. Will be any advanced physics of gravitation on planets preventing to construct radiculous unrealistic buildings (for example huge and massive building standing on thin "leg" - impossible to build in real life)?

3. Can we expect some cash in the game to make trade easier? Or will be a mehanism allowing community to create currency?

4. Can we expect any NPCs different than human beeings (some alien form of life)?

5. Can we expect in game equivalent of internet where we could see what is going on galaxy (maybe even some players will like to be space reporters)?

6. How will work in game communications between players? I'm sure there will be local voice chat (for many players it's better than teamspeak because it's more realistic) but I'm curious how will long distance communication work - radio, global chat?

7. When our character will be ofline how would it work? Could he be killed, robbed or shuffled?

8. When our character die how respawn mehanism will work? Will we have to respawn in starting point everytime or we could create our own spawnpoints?

Sorry for my english by I hope everything is understandable.

My few questions (sorry if there were answers before, I don't have enough time to read all threads and news):

1. If we construct some spaceship (for example small fighter with cockpit like on main trailer) will everyone have acces for it or just we and players with out permission (like keys in cars)? Or maybe everyone could just get in and stole our ship? The same question about doors.

2. Will be any advanced physics of gravitation on planets preventing to construct radiculous unrealistic buildings (for example huge and massive building standing on thin "leg" - impossible to build in real life)?

3. Can we expect some cash in the game to make trade easier? Or will be a mehanism allowing community to create currency?

4. Can we expect any NPCs different than human beeings (some alien form of life)?

5. Can we expect in game equivalent of internet where we could see what is going on galaxy (maybe even some players will like to be space reporters)?

6. How will work in game communications between players? I'm sure there will be local voice chat (for many players it's better than teamspeak because it's more realistic) but I'm curious how will long distance communication work - radio, global chat?

7. When our character will be ofline how would it work? Could he be killed, robbed or shuffled?

8. When our character die how respawn mehanism will work? Will we have to respawn in starting point everytime or we could create our own spawnpoints?

Sorry for my english by I hope everything is understandable.

1. Not much info tbh, but if you don't secure your ship it can be stolen ofc. Wouldn't make much sense in a sandbox if it coudln't. Perhaps there are locks, through RDMS, park it under a shield...

2. No. If you dig under a mountain, it will float. Same goes for buildings

3. Yes there is currency ofc but no, it's not player made

4. No, not at release. Only a few npcs (wildlife)

5. Maybe later. But I doubt it. If you want such a feature - do it yourself. Thats emergent gameplay

6. Local chat may be there, maybe close range comms. There are a few idea threads out there which cover that question. But from NQ we don't know (imho) for sure.

7. He disappears. All your constructs (ships and buildings) stay ingame ofc and can be destroyed when not properly defended

8. You lose items upon death and you respawn at the nearest resurrection node. Read the Devblog about that. You have 2 rez-nodes in the beginning (one permanent on the ark ship and one "mobile" for take away). You deploy them where you want and if that node is nearer than the ark ship - you spawn there. You can build more if you want, at a high cost.

how long will the kickstarting go for?

Good One. I hope until Beta at least. Yeah basically it's my most urgent question today.

I had just a couple of questions if anyone knows the answer.

1. Will players be able to create new unique weapons that didn't exist before or will the weapons etc. be limited to the designs the designers program in? (like superlasers)

2. Will the structures and stuff created on the alpha be saved when transferring to the beta and likewise from the beta to the actual game or will it restart each time?

3. How exactly does the crafting system work?

Thanks

I had just a couple of questions if anyone knows the answer.

1. Will players be able to create new unique weapons that didn't exist before or will the weapons etc. be limited to the designs the designers program in? (like superlasers)

2. Will the structures and stuff created on the alpha be saved when transferring to the beta and likewise from the beta to the actual game or will it restart each time?

3. How exactly does the crafting system work?

Thanks

1. Weapons will be limited to those provided by the developers.

2. No structures will be preserved after alpha or beta. There will be server wipes after and possibly during both those stages. Blueprints (digital copies of constructs) will be able to be preserved however.

3. If you're asking about something like, 5 silicon wafers required to craft a semiconductor, it is unknown how this will work at this time. Crafting has not yet been discussed in detail.

1. Weapons will be limited to those provided by the developers.

2. No structures will be preserved after alpha or beta. There will be server wipes after and possibly during both those stages. Blueprints (digital copies of constructs) will be able to be preserved however.

3. If you're asking about something like, 5 silicon wafers required to craft a semiconductor, it is unknown how this will work at this time. Crafting has not yet been discussed in detail.

What could be really cool would be if...

Beta and Alpha structures "remained" but not as full buildings but rather as ruins :) Yeah, I get it wouldn't make much sense but iit could be cool.

What could be really cool would be if...

Beta and Alpha structures "remained" but not as full buildings but rather as ruins :) Yeah, I get it wouldn't make much sense but iit could be cool.

Yes that would be cool! That was suggested before. But, unfortunately, it really wouldn't make sense lore-wise, as you understand. And the devs are following their lore very closely, so while I too think ruins of some sort would be cool to find, it just won't happen. :/

Yes that would be cool! That was suggested before. But, unfortunately, it really wouldn't make sense lore-wise, as you understand. And the devs are following their lore very closely, so while I too think ruins of some sort would be cool to find, it just won't happen. :/

*shrugs* yeah, I know. Lore and such are important, would just be a fun side thing :)

1. How much do we know about atmosphere and planetary gravitation? All planets will have the same level of gravitation (like on Earth)?

2. Will flyable ships bahave in atmosphere like planes (wings, liftingforce, wind etc.)? It would be cool if we will need to learn basic aviation first just to fly.

3. On DU trailer we can see huge spaceships flying over planet but for sure inside atmosphere - will we need special engines and technology for bigger spaceships to fly inside planet atmosphere?

4. Can we expect realistic crossing of atmosphere (risk of burning) or travel from space to planets will be more simple?

5. All kind of engines will use the same fuel/energy or different tehnologies will need different types of fuel/energy?

1. How much do we know about atmosphere and planetary gravitation? All planets will have the same level of gravitation (like on Earth)?

2. Will flyable ships bahave in atmosphere like planes (wings, liftingforce, wind etc.)? It would be cool if we will need to learn basic aviation first just to fly.

3. On DU trailer we can see huge spaceships flying over planet but for sure inside atmosphere - will we need special engines and technology for bigger spaceships to fly inside planet atmosphere?

4. Can we expect realistic crossing of atmosphere (risk of burning) or travel from space to planets will be more simple?

5. All kind of engines will use the same fuel/energy or different tehnologies will need different types of fuel/energy?

1. I don't think there is much known about atmosphere, but gravity will not be constant. Some asteroids for instance will have gravity, but it will be very weak.

2. Aerodynamics are currently not on the forecast. Perhaps after release if it is desired by many people.

3. There are indeed different engines for atmosphere and vaccuum. Not much more is known about them.

4. This has been suggested, and it was acknowledged, but like many features, it will not be present at release.

5. No one in the community knows at this point about energy, NovaQuark has not shared much on that topic.

Greetings!

First of all, I apologize for not being word-perfect in English. :)

I've so many questions about this game... Let's just start, shall we?

1. World
1.1 - How many planets / systems are there? Or is it an endless universe?
1.2 - Is the universe divided into sectors? Are these labeled by name or can the player do?
1.3 - Is there a star map or will it be visible in the game?
1.4 - Will we see phenomena in the universe? (Planetary nebula as example)

2. Planets
2.1 - Does the flora affect the player? Is there a malus at large temperature differences? (Example: Does an ice planet have restrictions on the player's speed of movement?)
2.2 - How many biomes are there?
2.3 - Do all planets have the same gravity?
2.4 - Could I, in theory, make a whole planet disappear?
2.5 - Is there rain, sand storms, snow, etc ...? Do I see that from space?

3. Crafting / Elements
3.1 - Do I have decorative objects to build a building according to its purpose? Cantina, hospital, etc ...
3.2 - Do you need electricity? Example: Place a light source in the building.
3.3 - Do crafted items have different quality levels?
3.4 - Do I need certain tools to remove raw materials or do I have a universal tool for all materials (ore, wood, rubber, ???)?

4. Vehicle
4.1 - Can I build land vehicles and watercraft?
4.2 - Can I build drones?
4.3 - What happens when I fly unhappy / somewhere? Is the affected area damaged or destroyed? Perhaps also dents?
4.4 - What happens to a flying ship when I destroy the engine in space? Does it come to a standstill or does it continue with the last known speed?
4.5 - Can I pull other ships with a rope / beam? Example: Towing truck
4.6 - Is a warp drive provided? Does the jump happen instantly or do you fly for a while?
4.7 - Can I name my ship?

5. Economy
5.1 - Is there a currency in addition to exchange trading?
5.2 - Is there something like a server-wide auction house / market?
5.3 - Can I build local shops that offer my goods to the players? (Maybe somebody still remembered Star Wars Galaxies, pre Combat Update?)
5.4 - Do I always have my currency with me or can I store it on a bank?

6. Lua
6.1 - Can I create user groups, for example, to control certain buttons? Examples of user groups: guest, friend, crew, organization, alliance, owner
6.2 - Are the scripts embedded in elements or can I drag them on my shortcut bar and run from there even if I am not there?
6.3 - How many characters code is allowed per script?
6.4 - Can I record my cargo inventory on an LCD panel?

7. Character / Social Aspect / Other
7.1 - I have seen a video where you can change the gender, name and color combination of the suit. Are there more possibilities such as e.g. First and last name and change its appearance?
7.2 - Are there Minigames, to dawdle away the time with the crew and betting? For example, how in Star Wars a round Sabacc, Gwint in Witcher 3, billiards on the ship? (You get the idea)
7.3 - Is there a limitation on what I can carry with me? (Weight limit, slots, etc ...)
7.4 - Can I remove the helmet?
7.5 - Are there terminals / hubs where you can accept orders created by the player?
7.6 - Do organizations have the opportunity to unlock skills or bonuses?
7.7 - Are there limitations on how much I can learn? (Maximum Skill Points)
7.8 - What influence do skills have? Can I build everything at the start or do I need to unlock things?
7.9 - What happens when I'm offline? Am I lying somewhere and can I be looted?
7.10 - What happens to a passenger on my ship while he logs out? Can I remove him if I do not want him on my ship and I do not know when he will come back?
7.11 - Is there an offline progression? Example: learning skills, rested xp bonus, etc.
7.12 - Is there ingame Voice chat?
7.13 - Can I use certain frequencies (voice chat) or custom chat channel (text) to talk / write with selected people who are not in the general chat, local, trade chat, whisper, group, organization or the Alliance?

Greetings!

First of all, I apologize for not being word-perfect in English. :)

I've so many questions about this game... Let's just start, shall we?

*snip*

Holy halibut! That's a lot of questions. I'll answer what I can in as few words as possible. I'll just write them under your questions.

1. World
1.1 - How many planets / systems are there? Or is it an endless universe?
The developers don't want to set a hard number on it, but there is potential for infinite planets. As of now... More than you need.
1.2 - Is the universe divided into sectors? Are these labeled by name or can the player do?
Naming systems and planets is unknown at this point, as is how the map will work, be viewed, be divided, etc.
1.3 - Is there a star map or will it be visible in the game?
See above
1.4 - Will we see phenomena in the universe? (Planetary nebula as example)
Not at release, but the developers have stated they will most likely add in "environments" in space to make certain regions different than others.

2. Planets
2.1 - Does the flora affect the player? Is there a malus at large temperature differences? (Example: Does an ice planet have restrictions on the player's speed of movement?)
At the moment, flora do nothing and I don't think temperature specific mechanics are much beyond the idea phase.
2.2 - How many biomes are there?
Several; nothing too exotic has been shown, but there are forests, deserts, mountains, plains, and even asteroids (vaccuum biome?)
2.3 - Do all planets have the same gravity?
I do not believe so. It has been stated that asteroids have their own gravity which is lower than normal, so there will be different levels of gravity depending on where you go.
2.4 - Could I, in theory, make a whole planet disappear?
No. The editable voxels of planets end at a certain point below the surface, though I have forgotten the exact number.
2.5 - Is there rain, sand storms, snow, etc ...? Do I see that from space?
The developers have said they want to add weather, but it would be taxing on the servers and difficult to implement due to what you said, requiring effects on the ground being visible from space.

3. Crafting / Elements
3.1 - Do I have decorative objects to build a building according to its purpose? Cantina, hospital, etc ...
At the moment there are several decorative elements, but not many. I imagine that as development of the game proceeds, more and more will be added. 
3.2 - Do you need electricity? Example: Place a light source in the building.
Energy will be a requirement for constructs, but it is not a topic that has been discussed much; I assume they are still working on it's mechanics.
3.3 - Do crafted items have different quality levels?
This is an idea which has been discussed on the forums to some extent. At the moment, this is unknown.
3.4 - Do I need certain tools to remove raw materials or do I have a universal tool for all materials (ore, wood, rubber, ???)?
The nanoformer you start with is all that you'll need for building and destroying voxels. How effective it is depends on what you're destroying and your skill level in a particular area.

4. Vehicle
4.1 - Can I build land vehicles and watercraft?
At the moment, only hovercraft are planned for release, no wheels.
4.2 - Can I build drones?
Very debated topic. You can, kind of, but you have to be near them for them to work, and because of restrictions there's not really anything useful that they could do.
4.3 - What happens when I fly unhappy / somewhere? Is the affected area damaged or destroyed? Perhaps also dents?
There may be wear damage from impact, but voxels will not destroy voxels on impact. Not desirable, but it is a sacrifice made for the server.
4.4 - What happens to a flying ship when I destroy the engine in space? Does it come to a standstill or does it continue with the last known speed?
I have never heard anything on this but I am sure that it would continue moving.
4.5 - Can I pull other ships with a rope / beam? Example: Towing truck
Probably not. This would require lots of physics calculations.
4.6 - Is a warp drive provided? Does the jump happen instantly or do you fly for a while?
There are several methods of FTL travel. Flight time can take quite a while, depending on the distance.
4.7 - Can I name my ship?
I'm sure you can name a blueprint if you create it. As for naming your ship, so that someone seeing you flying by looks at you and gets your personal ship name, I do not know.

5. Economy
5.1 - Is there a currency in addition to exchange trading?
Absolutely there is!
5.2 - Is there something like a server-wide auction house / market?
I'm not sure the extent to which the developers will provide things like this: there will be a blueprint market, but there may not, for instance, be a market to see what resources are for sale by different players. Something like that would have to be made by the players (if not provided by the developers), so basically, in the end, yes.
5.3 - Can I build local shops that offer my goods to the players? (Maybe somebody still remembered Star Wars Galaxies, pre Combat Update?)
You can definitely do this!
5.4 - Do I always have my currency with me or can I store it on a bank?
Currency is kept digitally on you, there will be no physical money.

6. Lua
6.1 - Can I create user groups, for example, to control certain buttons? Examples of user groups: guest, friend, crew, organization, alliance, owner
Yes. This is referred to as RDMS, the Rights and Duty Management System.
6.2 - Are the scripts embedded in elements or can I drag them on my shortcut bar and run from there even if I am not there?
You must be near a script to run it, and it will run from an element in the construct it is connected to.
6.3 - How many characters code is allowed per script?
This information is not currently known.
6.4 - Can I record my cargo inventory on an LCD panel?
I'm sure at some point there will be screen elements added, and it has been said that you can script the cockpit interface to show what you like, so I would say yes.

7. Character / Social Aspect / Other
7.1 - I have seen a video where you can change the gender, name and color combination of the suit. Are there more possibilities such as e.g. First and last name and change its appearance?
I believe in the name reservation, you could give your character a first and last name. Other options are most likely planned but no, they are not currently implemented (or prioritized).
7.2 - Are there Minigames, to dawdle away the time with the crew and betting? For example, how in Star Wars a round Sabacc, Gwint in Witcher 3, billiards on the ship? (You get the idea)
Things like that will be possible to create within the game by players, and there are already organizations dedicated to making it happen!
7.3 - Is there a limitation on what I can carry with me? (Weight limit, slots, etc ...)
Yes, but the limitations are not known yet.
7.4 - Can I remove the helmet?
Not currently.
7.5 - Are there terminals / hubs where you can accept orders created by the player?
This hasn't been finalized. I did kind of answer this before in 5.2.
7.6 - Do organizations have the opportunity to unlock skills or bonuses?
If I'm understanding your question correctly, rgoanizations as a whole won't have skills.
7.7 - Are there limitations on how much I can learn? (Maximum Skill Points)
I imagine that there will be skills with caps, yes.
7.8 - What influence do skills have? Can I build everything at the start or do I need to unlock things?
At the moment I don't know if there will be actions that you literally cannot do, even at the lowest level, without the necessary skill. Skills have not been discussed in detail.
7.9 - What happens when I'm offline? Am I lying somewhere and can I be looted?
There is not currently an answer to this, as it is a currently discussed and debated topic.
7.10 - What happens to a passenger on my ship while he logs out? Can I remove him if I do not want him on my ship and I do not know when he will come back?
Again, currently a debated topic. No answer.
7.11 - Is there an offline progression? Example: learning skills, rested xp bonus, etc.
I do believe that passive learning of skills while offline will be an option.
7.12 - Is there ingame Voice chat?
It is not currently implemented.
7.13 - Can I use certain frequencies (voice chat) or custom chat channel (text) to talk / write with selected people who are not in the general chat, local, trade chat, whisper, group, organization or the Alliance?

Discord.  ;) 

There we go, I answered to the best of my abilities. Lots of "I thinks" and "I believe" because I am not 100% sure... But I'm pretty darn sure. Also, many topics are still under discussion or have not been discussed by the developers, skills being a big one. I imagine there will be a lot of detail on skill mechanics soon. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Also SirJohn85, I encourage you to check out the wiki, as there is a lot of information there and you can learn a lot more about the game just by skimming around! Here's a random page on the wiki:

https://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/special:random

I guess this is where we should suggest Dev Diary video blog topics as well:

1.  LUA Scripting within Dual Universe

2.  Sensors and how they work

3.  RDMS

I know that 2 out of the three have a  Dev Blog, but it would be nice to have a little more details for each.  For example, we've seen a ship construction video, but I would guess there's a whole other section of programming the controller and attaching it to the gyro and thrusters that we haven't seen. 

Very little has been said about sensors.  As a programmer, this topic would be very interesting.

When a user or ship is within range of a sensor, can the sensor activate a LUA script (sliding doors, etc.)

Are all sensors omnidirectional, or are there hemispheres, cones, planes, or beams?

Can the builder limit the range by limiting power to the sensor?

Will sensor range reflect the number of "player coordinate packets" updated to the client?

What are sensors capable of "seeing"?

And so far, RDMS has been thrown around as the "Holy Grail" of everything (which it might be). 

Can LUA scripts create and assign tags?

Can LUA scripts query tags?

Is there a limit to the number of tags that can be assigned to a character?

Is there a time limit for tag expiration?

And what about garbage collection?

There are bound to be tons of stuff that will be downloaded to the client that will only be seen once or twice, then thrown away by the builder.  Will there be some mechanism to clean up the client PC of old data and RDMS tags that are no longer in use?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings all,

I have a few questions that I've put together.  My apologies if they have been answered already.  I also understand some of these topics may not be in development yet but I thought I'd throw them in for future reference.

- What will a player start with?  Any resources, armor, weapons, money, control units, basic elements?

- When you die and resurrect at an RN will the nanoformer still be available or are you butt naked and have to create/buy a new one, get clothing, armor, weapons,
etc?  Will all this be readily available at the RN location?

- Resurrection Nodes (RN) - brings back your dead body but you lose your inventory (does it drop all your stuff so it can be picked up by any player within 
a certain time limit or does it just disappear?), lose your ship (because its left unguarded?, what if other players are with your ship or you have defenses to
protect it?). 

- How do you get a Control Unit (CU), Territory Unit (TU) and RN?  Do you have to learn how to create a CU, TU or RN or do you have to find the blueprints
or is it available for purchase from the arkship?

- What is a players carrying limit - number of inventory space and weight limit - what is the stacking limit for items?

- Can you use containers to carry items/resources to a location?  Will you have nested containers?

- How flexible will elements be?  Will they have hinges, gears, pulleys, power units, etc. so the item can open/close, be moved, change power level, etc?  

- Can LUA scripting be used to program the element when to open, move, pull, adjust power level/output, etc?

- For avatar vs avatar combat, I'm sure you'll have melee and ranged combat.  Will you automatically target the player or have a target marker hover on your 
target for a chance to hit.  Will weapon be rechargeable or always fire.  Will there be personal shields or armor for various damage types (and which type 
will be available) such as energy, kinetic, plasma, cold, etc.

- Chat system - which type of chats will be available?  Like a trade chat, guild chat, party chat, events chat, newbie/helpers chat...just to name a few types. 

Thank you for your time.

Greetings all,

I have a few questions that I've put together.  My apologies if they have been answered already.  I also understand some of these topics may not be in development yet but I thought I'd throw them in for future reference.

- What will a player start with?  Any resources, armor, weapons, money, control units, basic elements?

- When you die and resurrect at an RN will the nanoformer still be available or are you butt naked and have to create/buy a new one, get clothing, armor, weapons,
etc?  Will all this be readily available at the RN location?

- Resurrection Nodes (RN) - brings back your dead body but you lose your inventory (does it drop all your stuff so it can be picked up by any player within 
a certain time limit or does it just disappear?), lose your ship (because its left unguarded?, what if other players are with your ship or you have defenses to
protect it?). 

- How do you get a Control Unit (CU), Territory Unit (TU) and RN?  Do you have to learn how to create a CU, TU or RN or do you have to find the blueprints
or is it available for purchase from the arkship?

- What is a players carrying limit - number of inventory space and weight limit - what is the stacking limit for items?

- Can you use containers to carry items/resources to a location?  Will you have nested containers?

- How flexible will elements be?  Will they have hinges, gears, pulleys, power units, etc. so the item can open/close, be moved, change power level, etc?  

- Can LUA scripting be used to program the element when to open, move, pull, adjust power level/output, etc?

- For avatar vs avatar combat, I'm sure you'll have melee and ranged combat.  Will you automatically target the player or have a target marker hover on your 
target for a chance to hit.  Will weapon be rechargeable or always fire.  Will there be personal shields or armor for various damage types (and which type 
will be available) such as energy, kinetic, plasma, cold, etc.

- Chat system - which type of chats will be available?  Like a trade chat, guild chat, party chat, events chat, newbie/helpers chat...just to name a few types. 

Thank you for your time.

1) Not clarified yet. But the RN answer may cover you on what you start. Territory Claim Units are a group effort, Core Units to build a construct are not specified. 

2) EVE Respawn rules. Some of the inventory is destroyed, some is dropped as loot. You are respawned into a default, starting armor. Money isn't dropped. DACs (like PLEX) won't be dropped, unless it's redeemed into a physical item (that feature is scheduled to come later down the line).

3) Some defenses have been mentioned for player constructs, in tthe sense of a shield or a cloaking module, but they will be probably tied to your ship's energ  levels. A notification will be sent to you when someone attacks your construct while offline. If you got people with you, then you can as well fly the ship to a destination and park it in a safezone - if it's available on the system - or just hide it. Space is really vast.

4) A Control Unit is an element module that hosts scripts. That can be a screen, a cokcpit, a driver's seat, etcetera. Core Units are the blue cubes that are the first block towards building a construct. As mentioned above, there are not specified answers on this yet, as of what yo ustart with. Territory Claim Units are a group effort, but this may be subject to change.

5) Not specified what's the carrying capacity limit. Certainly, less than a container's, otherwise the purpsoe of a container is diffused for the purposes of hauling cargo.

6) Containers have been confirmed in 3D art on their twitter account, so yes, containers are needed to tranfsr large quantities of cargo. Explain what do you mean by nested containers, I can't get the referrence.

7) Yes, Lua can script automated reactions. Think of Starbuck's maneuver from BSG. That is something that you can do manually, but scripts can do it for you. Same for setting orbits and hangars to open, along with elevators.

8) Melee weapon won't be at launch (bummer, I'm with you) but it's -hopefully- something that will be added later down the line. The types of damage are not confirmed, however, ammunition will be needed. The type of targeting is a lock-on system, however if it's an Active Lock-On system (TERA Online's combat system, where you "aim" where to hit, your attack "speed" being you lock-on speed for the attack to home-in to a target) that remains to be seen.

9) Nothing has been confirmed on what chat systems will be added.

Hope this is useful, cheers.

In the rn develop they speak of 2 rn nodes you start with. One fixed at the ark ship and one for portable use to store somewhere. But that's a long way to go and may be changed

With the CvC stretch goal being accomplished in the next week or so, can we have the April DevDiary be some commentary on the initial concept of construct vs construct combat?

One of the recent issues that has popped up is that in the GDC livestream, JC indicated that every weapon on a ship would need to be manned by a player.  This appears to conflict with the LUA devblog, where an example was given of a LUA script firing a weapon.  Would you please clarify this discrepancy?  Can a script automate one or more weapons?

Thanks

1. Anyone know if they plan on implementing collision physics for ships? So if a ship were to head on crash into another ship it would severely damage if not break into the other ship.

1. Anyone know if they plan on implementing collision physics for ships? So if a ship were to head on crash into another ship it would severely damage if not break into the other ship.[/size]

It is specifically stated that collisions are not going to be implemented. Not the damaging kind anyway. This is mainly because JC does not want players to build torpedo ships.

Also constructs will not break apart when they are damaged (even when seemingly cut in half) this is so as not to overload the server with one ship breaking into a multitude of tiny ships.

It is specifically stated that collisions are not going to be implemented. Not the damaging kind anyway. This is mainly because JC does not want players to build torpedo ships.

Also constructs will not break apart when they are damaged (even when seemingly cut in half) this is so as not to overload the server with one ship breaking into a multitude of tiny ships.

Albeit, the latest DevDiary as of tihs date, is promising as of what could happen if you-"cut" a ship in half. Woud its engines lose power? Will the bridge lose control of the engines? Who knows.

Being broken n half and being functional are not the same :P If a ship is cut in half, it's pretty much gonna be a derelict after that quite possibly.