yamamushi

Q&A Compilation Thread

Fine be me, dibs on the rocket boots. 

Power suits, exo-suits, basically the same thing. (Pretty sure at least)

Fine be me, dibs on the rocket boots. 

Power suits, exo-suits, basically the same thing. (Pretty sure at least)

Blasphemer. HERETIC! >_<

No. An exosuit is usually something along the lines of Avatar's marines.

A powered armor is more along the lines of Master Chief's armor, or Isaac Clarke's armor from the Dead Space series. 

See the difference? >_> One of them is hydraulic (exo-suit) while the other is simply a piece of armor that utilises an power unit that enhances your endurance and durability.

Blasphemer. HERETIC! >_<

No. An exosuit is usually something along the lines of Avatar's marines.

A powered armor is more along the lines of Master Chief's armor, or Isaac Clarke's armor from the Dead Space series. 

See the difference? >_> One of them is hydraulic (exo-suit) while the other is simply a piece of armor that utilises an power unit that enhances your endurance and durability.

Ah, right. Then what I'm looking for is indeed a power suit.

A good question to ask.

Will there be classes in the game, or will it be an organic process? For example, choosing to be a medic by outfitting yourself with an upgradeable medic armor, leaving the possibility for you to invest in upgrading an engineer armor as an allygorical way of "re-rolling" to a different class?

Pretty sure it's going to be similar to Runescape in this sense. The devs have confirmed there will be skills the players need to learn in order to do different things. A lot of time has to be put into your character before you can be good at everything. So I doubt there will be classes. 

About the community website coming next week: Will we have an off-topic section? I started this thread half-jokingly, but some of us might like to get to know one another before committing to going sleepy to work because we've spent all night defending our base together.

So many people are discussing this by now

Will there be exoskeleton type suits that support the adding and removal of different modules? (Such as Night Vision, a personal AI, Minimap, light weight jet boosters, and so on.)

I SOOOO want this :D and to be able to have extra cybernetic arms :D

@Neopolitan

Pretty much the server will break down into smaller pieces so players in one, crowded, place won't have to update information half a galaxy away, thus reducing strain on the server and lag for the players from unneccesary data. It's akin to Star Citizen's way, only... not shitty. Star Citizen aims for the amazing number of 20 players per instance (try to wrap your heads around the Idris ship having 37 crew requirement). So yeah, like EVE online's star system/mini-server handling of players. You are still part of the main server, but you essentially travel from mini-server to mini-server inside the larger, main, server.

1.  Will there be content in interstellar space?

2.  Do you foresee difficulties in reconciling cooperative gameplay with LUA scripting and automation?  For example, large ships will be multiplayer crewed, but LUA scripting will allow for automated defenses, so it seems that it will be easy to replace players with automation without much efficiency/performance loss.  I'm not asking for any specifics here, just wondering if you have ideas in this area or if there are challenges ahead and what your high-level views are on the topic.

When it comes to repairing craft and vessels.

How will we go about it?

Will it require a player to replace voxels by by hand or is it possible to repair them based off the blueprint at some sort of repair yard?

As an extension of this if damage isn't calculated on the voxel will the ship building process have some sort of finalization that calculates it's health shield and armor values and makes it ready to use?

This might be a stupid question but i havent been able to find anything about it..

I was wondering how you will make cash in this game. I mean if theres no NPC and no PVE or not much PVE? 

I hope we arent gonna sell mats we need for building to NPCs as that would seem very wasteful.

You found the million credit question. Unless I've missed some buried nyzaltar post I believe we're still in the dark on money generation. I would also love to know about this hopefully they will answer you.

This looks amazing, I cant wait for it to come out, i'm a big fan of Space engineers and i pre ordered no man's sky. To see a game that incorporates the best of both worlds and as an MMO would be amazing. However it is hard to believe it to be possible, so my questions are as follows:

1. How will the engine be able to handle all the possible collisions that will happen in game, for reasons such as dogfights, unstable crafts, premature barrel rolls, etc.

2. How many particles will the game be able to generate? (like floating debris)

3. How will those super large space ships handle? like the one in the trailer that looked HUGE, anything of that size and complexity generates a huge lag-fest on space engineers if i play by myself, and i have a pretty good rig!

4. how will the physics engine work? for the gravity, kinematics, etc. will the planets be spinning around the sun or stationary? Will we be able to create orbits around those planets?

This looks amazing, I cant wait for it to come out, i'm a big fan of Space engineers and i pre ordered no man's sky. To see a game that incorporates the best of both worlds and as an MMO would be amazing. However it is hard to believe it to be possible, so my questions are as follows:

1. How will the engine be able to handle all the possible collisions that will happen in game, for reasons such as dogfights, unstable crafts, premature barrel rolls, etc.

2. How many particles will the game be able to generate? (like floating debris)

3. How will those super large space ships handle? like the one in the trailer that looked HUGE, anything of that size and complexity generates a huge lag-fest on space engineers if i play by myself, and i have a pretty good rig!

4. how will the physics engine work? for the gravity, kinematics, etc. will the planets be spinning around the sun or stationary? Will we be able to create orbits around those planets?

For question one.  We know that they don't plan to have actual collisions YET.  Whether that mean we will clip through another object (unlikely) or you can collide and nothing happens remains unclear.  

For question three.  The devs stated they plan to use a system that alters how often player positioning is updated based on how far away you are from each other and an automatic subdivision of server allocation based on the number of people in any given area.  You can read all about it here (Click me!).

In reply to the other two questions. ~shake, shake, shake~

magic-8-ball.png

The devs have laid out a lot of ground work.  Not all of it seems to be set in stone yet.  The game engine currently in use is certainly CAPABLE of calculating out multiple particles and allowing voxels to have gravity and interesting physics.  Which, if any they choose to incorporate or will be feasible to run with a 1000+ players at once remains to be seen.

Is it possible to use LUA to programming yours "market units" in such a way that every time you put some raw resources in its container the unit could read the selling/buying price list present in that moment in the world to set autonomously, by the logic that you have defined in the script, the selling price for those resources?

Hi, just a short Q in DU will be interact animations?

Like when u go inside your ship i want to see the hands opening it and getting ready for the flight, also if it is posible the reflect of  your face in the glass of the cabin.              

Not like No Man's Sky

-Can a moderator please stick this thread? (not a real Q&A question tough xD)

-Refferring to thsi https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2014/09/13/arkship-security-or-where-does-pvp-starts/

Can you tell us more about the Auto-rebuilder?

However, rebuilding after destruction is costly, as neither the materials nor the time required by the auto-rebuilder can be avoided 

Hi everyone!

All the new questions have been put in the list for the "Ask Us Anything" event :)

However there is a few question that are a bit out of topic or not adapted to go the Q&A list, so here are the answers:

Here's a quote from "Dual Universe Lore (Part 5):

"I pointed my canon and offered a jet of sand at the spot where I had seen a beach, wood where the forest had briefly undulated, and stones where the monolith vibrated like a boulder. A melody was released, the monoliths slowly vanished."
I was wondering, would we be able to just release the sand, stone and water back into the environment in a way that would be like primitive building?

As in any story based on a game, some aspects are "embellished" in a narrative way.
In the game, you will be able to deploy stored matter by blocks shaped as a primitive form (cube, sphere, triangular prism, etc) but it will be up to you making meaningful constructions with these blocks. Also, how will be deployed stored liquids remains something in development, as the fluid system is not finalized yet.

Will the brexit negatively effect NQ? Do you have any British employees who might now be loosing the right to work for you? Are you looking into legal assistance in work visa applications?

It's too soon to say how Brexit will affect NQ.
Brexit isn't validated yet so the legal implications are a bit blurry. We will have a clearer vision in the coming months.
We do have a British employee at the moment and we will do our best to keep our team complete, whatever the consequences of the Brexit may be.

About the community website coming next week: Will we have an off-topic section? I started this thread half-jokingly, but some of us might like to get to know one another before committing to going sleepy to work because we've spent all night defending our base together.

The community website is not meant to be a second forum. 
As the community website is meant to gather player created content, and quite roleplay-friendly, it won't have an off-topic section.
However, we'll look into creating an off-topic section here soon, on the forum.

Best regards,
Nyzaltar.

Are we going to be dealing with an entire periodic table of elements for materials or will you use a simplified or Original model for material sets the player can use and interact with from the environment?

Also, To novaquark I really appreciate the new QA threads, The format you also chose is very intuitive to understand from. I liked that you locked the answering thread.

Hi,

I didn't read all last questions, so if it will be repeated, sorry then

So, since there would be big part of game on planets:

Do you plan add weather on planets? Like Rain, Storm, Wind, Snowfall, High Cloud Density, Sand Storm, Meteor Rain (on some planets), maybe even Earthquake and Volcanic Activity.

At least some of these weater elements could be very interesting for survival part of game.

Would be very nice to have effect on game as well, like:

-Clouds - reduce energy for solar panels (or something equal)

-Wind - increase energy income from windmills

-Stotm - massively affect on ships control and player movement

I can continue for long, but question is about plan.

Thanks,

Archonious

Hi,

I would like to ask one important question for me. Because stellar systems, planets and the whole universe will be procedurally generated, is there any chance that stellar bodies will move throughout systems on stable orbits? Planets actualy orbiting stars, moons orbiting planets. I can imagine possibility, that position of each object in stellar system is dependent on realworld time. It doesn´t have to be realtime precision, but minute or even hour precision will be great. Only by adding one more parameter in generating function and few position actualization across day if necessary.