yamamushi

Q&A Compilation Thread

8 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

can other players check what is our account name, or only character name?

most likely only char name

9 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

I.e. - can I have spy character within Onion ranks, while mainly playing for BOObs?

yes

Are my rights (RDMS) tied to account or character?

character ofc

Can I wipe my reputation (together with name and skills) and start fresh?

wipe reputation? If people associate "Lethys" with BOO, I can do whatever I want as long as I have that name - ppl will always think I'm BOO. Delete char, new name -> new reputation

Another question: Where does quanta come from?

a. Is it something generated when you play? Some kind of rare material? Something you can get from NPC vendor for any resources? Something that generate over play-time (per hour income)?

b. Is it bought with real money? In packs or as monthly payment together with subscription? Can you use earned in-game quanta to buy subscription/premium items?

c. Is it just abstract reference number, and all the trade is barter exchange (goods for goods) anyway? (My personal fav. A bit more complicated for players, but the most fair and fun)

d. Some other source?

1 hour ago, CalenLoki said:

Where does quanta come from?

market bots. They buy your stuff from the market thus bringing more quanta into the economy

1 hour ago, CalenLoki said:

Can you use earned in-game quanta to buy subscription/premium items?

yes, you can buy a DAC on the market for quanta

see:

And

How is currency "created" and controlled? In the real world we have note printing and minting institutions and the amount of money in the system is carefully controlled (to avoid hyper inflation, hopefully). How is money going to work in DU? How is it created and what limits the amount of currency in the game?

The in-game markets will host some bots that will create buy/sell orders in order to act as money sinks and money faucets. This is one of the mechanisms, but we will also add some taxes on various activities, which will act as a way to take money out of the equation. We are still thinking about other ways to regulate the mass of money, but the general principle is that the amount of money should be proportionate to the economic activity in the game. This is a quite well know issue, and we will draw inspiration from other games that already dealt with it.

from

Question - does terrain and static constructs fly, if within gravity and without support? Or will they fall to the ground once connection is cut out?

I know that there is no structural integrity (due to being too complicated/taxing), but the question is about complete lack of connection, so flying islands Laputa style.

And if they do require connections, what happen when it's cut off? Do they disintegrate or fall to the ground then re-join voxel grid or fall to the ground and remain dynamic?

5 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

Question - does terrain and static constructs fly, if within gravity and without support? Or will they fall to the ground once connection is cut out?

I know that there is no structural integrity (due to being too complicated/taxing), but the question is about complete lack of connection, so flying islands Laputa style.

Yes, a mountain will "fly" when you dig through it completely. There's no physics (yet - and Most likely never will be)

19 hours ago, Lethys said:

Yes, a mountain will "fly" when you dig through it completely. There's no physics (yet - and Most likely never will be)

Thanks for answer.

Quite sad. I hoped for at least disintegration - that's relatively simple to implement.

It's not a balance breaker, as in this game most thing will fly so flying base is not a big advantage. But it would be fun to destroy bridges and towers by cutting off support.

My questions are simple, but i am curious never the less.

• Will there be a hunger system in this game?

• If so will it and other survival aspects be a focus of the game?

Thanks for any response :)

1 hour ago, Anotaros said:

Use the search function above, there are several threads dedicated to survival mechanics. :)

15 hours ago, Anotaros said:

Short answer is no.

Long answer is maybe later.

Hello

I comme back for a hibernation period, and I discovered that the founderd packd was "upgrade"

It's cool (thank NQ :D), but, how do i get/download the Creator Pack ?

I receives a mail with "private" link ? Or it has not been transmitted yet ?

Updates of the content of this one are expected? (ex: change of graphic charter)

1 hour ago, Meumera said:

Hello

I comme back for a hibernation period, and I discovered that the founderd packd was "upgrade"

It's cool (thank NQ :D), but, how do i get/download the Creator Pack ?

I receives a mail with "private" link ? Or it has not been transmitted yet ?

Updates of the content of this one are expected? (ex: change of graphic charter)

Hasn't been announced yet how you'd get that. When time is ready, you'll Most likely be informed by mail and/or an announcement here on the forums

1 hour ago, boots_1588 said:

Is there going to be a wipe right before the game gets released. 

It has been stated that there will be wipes between each test phase and at the end of the beta as we get the full game

8 minutes ago, The_War_Doctor said:

It has been stated that there will be wipes between each test phase and at the end of the beta as we get the full game

Kk thx