submission of mod's

williamcaw

hello and i was just wondering if in the future you will open up a submission process to submit items to be added once we hit the cap of the  tech lvl. this could also help in delovling new tools, items, parts  , and  skins to be given to players to give a quality of life to player and to extend the life of the game if it ever gets boring .

hello and i was just wondering if in the future you will open up a submission process to submit items to be added once we hit the cap of the  tech lvl. this could also help in delovling new tools, items, parts  , and  skins to be given to players to give a quality of life to player and to extend the life of the game if it ever gets boring .

EDIT: I missed the word "Skins" the first time that clarifies your post. Importing things is a no for now. Later on in the game and design process it could change, but from what i've seen the community and dev opinion on importing items is that they don't like it.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'adding items'.

Do you mean items that you create in-game with the tools available or do you mean 'pre-designed elements' like thrusters and such?

Voxel Constructs will be tradable as a blueprint so that anything you create in the game is allowed to be traded from player to player regardless of the tech level of the players (I think). 

However the most we know about the elements are that they are 100% dev created, I don't know if in the long run if we will be able to 'submit' our own designs for elements or not, but i hope that there is no need to do it. If there is a need then i hope that there is a thorough testing process or creation process as it could lead to balance issues, given that they are player created.

But thinking about it, why would you need to have more elements added to the game later on, this is the time to offer up suggestions for elements now, not when the players are at the max tech level as they are still designing them as we speak :).

But yeah, Voxel Constructs (made of Voxels, elements and lua script) will be tradable from player to player if made by the player (the pre-designed ones we don't know about yet).

Elements are currently made by the devs and look to stay that way.

Hope this helps, I've been out the forums for a few days so i don't know if more information has been posted on the things i've mentioned or not :).

nora,