Claims in space.

SzaryWilk

We know that we will be able to occupy land on planets.

It will by nice if we could see system of "Claims in space". I mean especially areas in space with asteroid belt. To become an owner of the areas in space we need to build a space station or a special navigation buoys. Then we become the owner of the area in space on a specific area.

This type of system "claims in space" can be helpful in taking area of space, which are rich in raw materials. If the land is our only we have the right to extracted resources there.

Of course, other players can extract these raw materials, but then they break the law. "Navigation buoys" can have system of informing us, someone flew on our area......and extracts raw materials. Then we send patrol of fighters......to verify the notification.

I think that "claims in space" create additional gameplay potential for players / corporations.

Maybe it could work like some of the Civ games. You build a space station and you get a certain sphere of influence and control. As you gain more power there or build the space station to be larger, the sphere of influence grows.

This I think seems right :D Basicly if you build a outpost or the like in an area that produces a Sphere of controll, as said. unless you want to anger the people that owns said sphere you have to stay out of the sphere unless you have either allowance to be there or buissness with the owner.

You will be able to claim territory plot on planets.There is talk of artifacts that can be found to make areas safe/protected zones that they are calling "arkified zones". I believe they can be used on planets or in space. Check out this dev blog for what they are planning:

https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2015/07/24/territory-control/#more-468

You will be able to claim territory plot on planets.There is talk of artifacts that can be found to make areas safe/protected zones that they are calling "arkified zones". I believe they can be used on planets or in space. Check out this dev blog for what they are planning:

https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2015/07/24/territory-control/#more-468

Interesting...

We will discuss in a future blog post how the notion of territory extends to space, introducing the notion of “bubble territories”, but for the moment we will concentrate on the very specific topic of planetary territories. 

I don't know if any of the following blog posts have any more information about territory control, but that is the quote from the DevBlog stating that there will be ways to claim territory in space, maybe through the use of bubbles, we just don't know anything other than that :)

nora,

• 2 weeks later...

If one alliance, organization or even person where to claim put down a "claim-station" to grow their influence, they would logically be able to expand the control of the entire planetary system by completely mapping and exploring all of it and building these claim structures at the optimal points throughout the planetary system.  After doing this what would happen I could see anything from your name appearing when, someone else enters your territory to you personally needing to give access to the systems stations, setting tax rates, taking a cut of good collected in your system.  Or to go in the other direction a complete lock down of that system making it a "private" home system, while still needing you to defend it from invaders, because we know that the stargates are going to be player operated and to build one to take you to a new system requires some sort of probe to already be in the system to which you want to travel, I see this not being so far fetched as it may first appear.   

I hope the system is robust enough to allow...

A large space station to be built... with Shop spaces... rooms... leisure areas... Warehouse storage space... hanger bays... maintenance facilities... And for all of it to be able to be sub divided into various size sections... So each of those spaces from a small stall in the mall section to a large storage area can be rented out to anyone wanting to sell their stuff there or store their stuff there.

@Fitorion

Technically it would O_O
You get the point.
Even though it sounds cool, think of how much material you would have to mine and lift up into space. Makes sense to build a city on the ground. And if you build in space, at least build it near a jump point so you can make the moneyh from acting as a gas station as well. Just sayin'.

Pretty sure it's going to be a thing, but hopefully is going to be more expensive (however the reason for it to be, depends on how other gameplay features are balanced). I guess it will have pros and cons, but to make it realistic, building on a planet is much more easier, while building on space would be something harder to achieve, and it could be the goal of your corporation. So it does even add depth to the gameplay. 

@Shynras

I am hoping for a "taxation" plan for claimed territories, like in Lineage 2. It would make for some excellent politics in game. That would make prosperous PvE players and merchants having to hire PvP corporations as goons or militia. Symbiotic relationship. Emergent Gameplay.