Hi Everyone!

Hi there!

It's not been so long since I've first heard of Dual Universe (E3 :) ) but I'm already very excited about this game.

The combination of sandbox, survival and role play in a space setting sounds absolutely fantastic to me - especially as a MMORPG - and in an infinite world.

I really love games like Minecraft or Space Engineers, but server size and maintenance was always a limiting factor to me. I think the idea to have one single shard universe adds a lot of spice to the core gameplay, because you don't just run around an build stuff for yourself to stare at and then just move on to the next project. I also expect the exploration aspect to be a complete different thing, as there are possibly millions of other players and creations.

Long time motivation should be really good :)

I'm really looking forward to participate in the discussion about planned features and possible game mechanics. From what I've read so far, I think that there's a good chance to be heard by the devs in this early stages of game development, and maybe contribute some thoughts and ideas (just to name a few things I really hope to see in the game: life support / oxygen mechanics and collision damage - because they are a core element of space sim to me - sorry if that's off topic :) ).

I'm really excited to see how this project will evolve.

Greetings

TheRealBeowulf

Hi real Beowulf,

I am here for nearly the same reasons. Also it is always interesting to accompany a game during development. Let's what happens around Alioth.

Ready to arkify? ;)

I also found out about this game during E3... (honestly hadn't heard about it before that) and I already think it looks very promising (trying not to hype myself too much) 

and I just want to be a  mad Engineer, that makes a huge ship that shoots arc lazers and is named Mjolnir :D

Self-hyping is definitely a thing... ????

I already got some replys that reminded me that some potentially cool features will not or not so soon be possibly due to technical limitations...

The thing I would like to do in DU is start a small company that builds & sells small to midsize exploration ships - including different variants from civil and (almost) unarmed types to military ones , build to last in hostile areas and with the ability to withstand pirate attacks :)

In Space engineers I liked to play around with complex systems like a rapid fire railgun (and had a lot of contraptions spontaneously exploding due to the well known stability issues of SE ;) ). One thing that bothered me a bit was the ingame programming, since I'm not really into C#... So I had to stay with timers.

I hope that LUA is something that is more doable for a non-programmer like me :)

Hmm, maybe you want to be the official manufacturer of exploration ships for the Terran Union? and maybe you want to try yourself on fighters? it would definitely be cool to have a contractor at gamestart  :D 

Hmm, maybe you want to be the official manufacturer of exploration ships for the Terran Union? and maybe you want to try yourself on fighters? it would definitely be cool to have a contractor at gamestart  :D

I really need to learn C# huh? :P I am already studying game graphics (litterally, real life studying how to do in game graphics) but I haven't studied that much of programming.

Maybe that's an idea, but I'll have to inform myself about the Terran Union first.

And there is one thing to keep in mind: We've just seen a first trailer and only some information about the game mechanics - which still may be subject to change -

That means even if I said what I would like to do, I really can't promise that I will be actually able to do so - or that I'll be good at it ;)

That's the reason why I don't know if I should consider "signing" any contracts at such an early state of development :)

But nevertheless - becoming a part of a larger Organisation is definitely something I already had in mind.

Okay, the Terran Union doesn't sound so bad to me so far.

Since I've just heard about DU about a week ago, I don't really want to decide yet, if and what kind of organisation I'm going to join.

But what I can tell you so far, is that the TU is definitely going to be an option. :)