How open will the ship building be?

Tnecniw

How open will the shipbuilding be? I saw in the trailer when it placed the cockpit in the front and such... but how far with the design can we go? Will we be able to design our own cockpits (that would be fucking amazing) maybe add AI (like that says "Good evening captain, currently our fueltanks are on 80%. The weather is fine and the skies are the limit") or such? :D Will we be able to design our own engines? or discover schematis for special types of engines or Cockpits? :3

maybe add AI (like that says "Good evening captain, currently our fueltanks are on 80%. The weather is fine and the skies are the limit") or such? :D

Ooh I didn't think of that: If they could license something like https://www.ivona.com/ or another text to speech software - perhaps somewhere higher on the kickstarters goals - we could use LUA to send it strings for different triggered events. I would love to use the Raveena voice for my dream capital ship.

Ooh I didn't think of that: If they could license something like https://www.ivona.com/ or another text to speech software - perhaps somewhere higher on the kickstarters goals - we could use LUA to send it strings for different triggered events. I would love to use the Raveena voice for my dream capital ship.

Honestly, I would do anything possible to have BASICLY courtney gears (from Ratchet and clank) as my AI :D Yeah, sounds a bit silly but that would be really funny :D

Yes x 9000!!! Although if they include that I would want it to be set up to where we can fully customize it ourselves - a base "example" that most people think is cool would be great but definitely would love to allow full customization for something like this.

Yes x 9000!!! Although if they include that I would want it to be set up to where we can fully customize it ourselves - a base "example" that most people think is cool would be great but definitely would love to allow full customization for something like this.

as I state earlier :D I would LOVE to have Courtney gears from Ratchet and clank as my AI voice (maybe even model, if they would allow a holographic body) :D 

She was my first video game crush xD

as I state earlier :D I would LOVE to have Courtney gears from Ratchet and clank as my AI voice (maybe even model, if they would allow a holographic body) :D 

That.. Might not end up sounding quite like that...

That.. Might not end up sounding quite like that...

Well duh xD, of course that will MOST LIKELY not happen, with it being quite advanced and such...

But a guy can dream, can't he? (Besides there is much better text to voice programs than that xD)

To answer more of the OP questions.

I think single seated cockpits will be pre-made "mesh elements".  There's been no confirmation about whether they're customizable, but I doubt it.

From my understanding a multiplayer bridge will have customizable control units, and customizable GUI units.  So the player will be able to create a "weapons station", a "Nav Station", a "Engineering station, or whatever they can dream up.

To answer more of the OP questions.

I think single seated cockpits will be pre-made "mesh elements". There's been no confirmation about whether they're customizable, but I doubt it.

From my understanding a multiplayer bridge will have customizable control units, and customizable GUI units. So the player will be able to create a "weapons station", a "Nav Station", a "Engineering station, or whatever they can dream up.

Awh :( I want to be able to design the inside. It would be so awesome if we could like choose to have maybe a Hologram of the ship to the right, where the diffrent info would be and so forth.

Awh :( I want to be able to design the inside. It would be so awesome if we could like choose to have maybe a Hologram of the ship to the right, where the diffrent info would be and so forth.

The interior layout can also be custom-designed. Some elements may be premade, such as consoles or cockpit seats, but nothing prevents you from decorating the interior and placing elements wherever. Note the Tweeted picture below:

CD8Hs2XWEAA4XcA.jpg

https://twitter.com/dualuniverse/status/594202143768367105

The interior layout can also be custom-designed. Some elements may be premade, such as consoles or cockpit seats, but nothing prevents you from decorating the interior and placing elements wherever. Note the Tweeted picture below:

CD8Hs2XWEAA4XcA.jpg

https://twitter.com/dualuniverse/status/594202143768367105

I more meant in smaller more personal vessels :D

Ah...well apologies can't help you there :D I'll just be cruising around in my personal capital ship. Who said personal ships had to be small?

I think it is more manageable to have a medium to small ship for a single person... Like I imagine like the Millenium Falconish

I think it is more manageable to have a medium to small ship for a single person... Like I imagine like the Millenium Falconish

Of course it is. But I hope I'm not ever traveling alone. There's power in numbers.

Of course it is. But I hope I'm not ever traveling alone. There's power in numbers.

I would have to agree.  Having a crew is one of the elements that would make the game fun.  I would also thing that certain things such as the cockpit, engines, and consoles, However it would be cool if we could design those as well.

I would have to agree.  Having a crew is one of the elements that would make the game fun.  I would also thing that certain things such as the cockpit, engines, and consoles, However it would be cool if we could design those as well.

Yeah :D I want to have like a little mini holographic AI head hovering beside my consoles, informing me about things :D

Yeah :D I want to have like a little mini holographic AI head hovering beside my consoles, informing me about things :D

Indeed I hope they add something along the lines of a holographic system for ship A.I.

I more meant in smaller more personal vessels :D

Yea I only do capital vessels myself. The bigger the better. LOL I build smaller ships every once in a while.  Now I read somewhere that there will be AI in this game that will be able to function as your crew but they will not be as good as a human. Which is fine with me. I'm a Solo act most of the time and only play with groups when I'm in the mood. 

That made me think of the Britney Spears vibe. 

While you could design something to look like your cockpit, the actual functional cockpits and control seats will be redesigned meshes. And currently they are planned to be designed by NQ only as a component you craft and place. 

On AIs, it is said you can make one advanced enough to make an AI drone, but somehow I dont think voice responses will be ontop of their list of feature to impliment. It would be nice though. 

Hopefully we get a huge assortment of materials to choose from to build craft. I know we will get elements that help systems work, but I hope there are some superficial elements like beds that you can sleep in, chairs to sit in, elements to decorate and make the ship feel lived in. Space engineers ships are nice, but too sterile. I would like to see spaceships have air inside, gravity...I want to see the feeling of Firefly be possible. I want to dress down, some crummy space cowboy garb and fly my ship like that.

I imagine initially we will see stuff to make ships work, but hopefully as time goes on elements are added that allow us to customize our ships to give them personality.

That made me think of the Britney Spears vibe. 

While you could design something to look like your cockpit, the actual functional cockpits and control seats will be redesigned meshes. And currently they are planned to be designed by NQ only as a component you craft and place. 

On AIs, it is said you can make one advanced enough to make an AI drone, but somehow I dont think voice responses will be ontop of their list of feature to impliment. It would be nice though. 

Of course she gave you a britney wibe... she is based on Britney xD

Hopefully we get a huge assortment of materials to choose from to build craft. I know we will get elements that help systems work, but I hope there are some superficial elements like beds that you can sleep in, chairs to sit in, elements to decorate and make the ship feel lived in. Space engineers ships are nice, but too sterile. I would like to see spaceships have air inside, gravity...I want to see the feeling of Firefly be possible. I want to dress down, some crummy space cowboy garb and fly my ship like that.

I imagine initially we will see stuff to make ships work, but hopefully as time goes on elements are added that allow us to customize our ships to give them personality.

We all like to costumize our things ine one way or the other :D play Warframe and you will have plenty of options :D

Of course she gave you a britney wibe... she is based on Britney xD

I've heard that in the next installment of Rachet and Clank she forgets her babybot prototype in a spaceship, develops a machine oil addiction and shows everyone her private robot factory. It's kind of sad.

I've heard that in the next installment of Rachet and Clank she forgets her babybot prototype in a spaceship, develops a machine oil addiction and shows everyone her private robot factory. It's kind of sad.

SHH! don't ruin her for me.