Diffrent cultures.

Tnecniw

I know this probably goes in a bit on my other topic of a biological ship type... But this is focused on another way.

This would work best if the game has NOC's but I donmt know that yet... Never the less

Diffrent cultures could be really cool. Like you can choose diffrent cultures when you create a character and dependant on the culture your ships look diffrent, you start with diffrent skills and such? (And if there is NPCs... Diffrent laws and values) maybe even a sort of reputation system where you can earn resources or schematics or such by upholding their visions

Like there is a sort of "balance" or monk (ish) culture. The design is very simple and smooth and their whole system is to keep balance in the universe.

There maybe also could be a sort of scavenger culture, focusing more on gathering resources and spreading their territory, and their ships are very ramshackle and such.

Such things, could spice it up a bit more :3

Well, we know already the backstory of DU is that Earth is being destroyed by a Neutron star and Arkships are being deployed to allow human recolonization.

https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2014/06/14/backstory/#more-139

So different cutures would exist and player made cultures are completely possible.

Also, I recommend you read the dev blogs Tnecniw. They provide a lot of useful information that will help you to make future posts.

Since I also didn't get to say this to your last post, welcome to the forums.

Well, we know already the backstory of DU is that Earth is being destroyed by a Neutron star and Arkships are being deployed to allow human recolonization.

https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2014/06/14/backstory/#more-139

So different cutures would exist and player made cultures are completely possible.

Also, I recommend you read the dev blogs Tnecniw. They provide a lot of useful information that will help you to make future posts.

Since I also didn't get to say this to your last post, welcome to the forums.

One main problem is that we are waking up on the arkship, so there wouldn't have being time to form factions with deep lore and a history of conflicts. That's being said., a post-Armageddon Arkship breaking into factions can be done well if you use earth-bound ideological differences, and in fact it has being done, really well, with quite a lot of character, if I may take the risk of rose tinted nostalgia glasses:

One main problem is that we are waking up on the arkship, so there wouldn't have being time to form factions with deep lore and a history of conflicts. That's being said., a post-Armageddon Arkship breaking into factions can be done well if you use earth-bound ideological differences, and in fact it has being done, really well, with quite a lot of character, if I may take the risk of rose tinted nostalgia glasses:

Indeed. I know it might sound a bit oldschool, but if there were diffrent NPC factions (once again, I can't find any good info if there will be many NPCs or not) that would give you extra resources or maybe even special schematics or something... it could make alot of diffrence.

Cause if you had diffrent factions it could create a incentive for people to actually behave instead of being assholes. LIke if someone want a special kind of resource that is occupied by this faction, you need to get in good grace with them... but since this faction don't deal with pirates or such, you need to proove that you can handle yourself and such :D