High fidelity space game where there can be as much creativity as there is death? Count me in. Check out the new Subreddit if you got a chance!

I like you, your bring me more places to look for information :)... 

Hello everyone.

I was searching for a game were I could do everything and everywhere.

I read the f.a.q., read some more stuff and here I am to see if this game will be out before I get a grandson. (not a critic, i´m old)

i wish best luck, strength and patience to all team.

Hello everyone.

I was searching for a game were I could do everything and everywhere.

I read the f.a.q., read some more stuff and here I am to see if this game will be out before I get a grandson. (not a critic, i´m old)

i wish best luck, strength and patience to all team.

Welcome, I can't promise it'll be out before then, but I can say you'll be able to do almost anything though :).

Also, best thing is, if it's not out before your grandson you can teach him to play games using this.... we all have to start early these days :)

Enjoy your stay in DU.

If i understood well the scale of this... that's maybe why my back shivered a bit while chosing my username here.

Ofc i want to be in.

Hi all folks

If i understood well the scale of this... that's maybe why my back shivered a bit while chosing my username here.

Ofc i want to be in.

Hi all folks

Yeah, that happened to most of us. Now you will fall into the addictive cycle of refreshing the forums every minute to see for any updates driving yourself crazy. 

Welcome to the wait man. 

I highly recommend you start with reading all the Dev blogs to get an idea of things before jumping into forum discussion. 

Ofc i want to be in.

Hi all folks

Welcome to DU, you are now one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... :)

On top of what 'DD' said, you know you can have 1 username change for the forums, it's in your account settings somewhere, so if you feel you made a mistake you can do that :)

Welcome to DU, you are now one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... :)

On top of what 'DD' said, you know you can have 1 username change for the forums, it's in your account settings somewhere, so if you feel you made a mistake you can do that :)

Hello all,

EVE Online player since 2010, StarCitzen backer and Elite Dangerous merchant here. Looking forward to the pre-alpha and much more!

Count me in.

Chears

hi,and Entropia Universe

Hey everyone,

I'm an avid fan of hard sci-fi, amateur astronomy, and have always been interested in open world games. I found this game through the E3 trailer and was immediately hooked. It looks like the perfect cross between space engineers and EVE online.

I have my money ready and I'm fully prepared to play the waiting game.

Hello all.

Today I found out about you guys.

This is awesome.

can I sign in for the alpha?

I've been an alpha backer for Elite Dangerous. Me and my twin brother are quite dedicated and rigorous testers.

Owww sweet... :))

Welcome to all the new People and the people to come. :)

I'm seeing that the little section that was at E3 seems to have found a whole bunch of new people, who like us already here, want that space game that's always eluded us or teased us with the likes of Elite/SC/NMS but has never seemed to find the light of day.

DU will be the place to be in the coming years when it comes to Space MMO's that give you the ability to do just whatever you can think of.

Read the forums, read the DevBlogs and take in what NovaQuark are trying to do, you will understand why many of us here say 'we can't wait'.. :)

nora,

Hello everyone, Ramírez here really looking forward for this game.

Saw the trailer some hours ago and holy… really super hiper mega duper hyped for the game.

My best wishes for the developer team, hope they can accomplish everything they want and hope for this project.

See you in the Alpha or Beta for help you build this dream come true.

PS: Already hoping to be able to build a full scale Death Star, so everyone can “witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station” >:D (without Thermal exhaust port >_<)

Since this is a Welcome thread I'll start with a "Hello."

I seen this on E3 and I was instantly interested. I like the scifi aspect but I'm really in it for the MMO buildable sandbox world. I hope to one day get into this as a owner and operator for a space colony that I want to build. I've already got a lot of ideas for Lore and Roleplaying. 

I did look also at the options for monetizing the game and as someone that has played many different games I think the p2p option is great and it should be on a monthly basis with the options for 3 / 6 / 12 month buy in so people can optionally pay for a longer subscription cause sometimes we forget to pay every month or we got the money all at the beginning and want to just take care of it for a long period of time and rock the game. The f2p for a limited time option sounds like a teaser and it may work but it will bring alot of people that will only play until the f2p is timed out and then they quit. 

I play a game called Mortal and it has a interesting idea behind its f2p content in that it allows a f2p player the option to stay f2p for as long as they like but their access to skills is limited to 60% proficiency. Meaning a skill can not go over 60 cap where a p2p is allowed 60 for the same skill. The model follows that some skills are not able to be learned unless another skill is at a certain level - example - You can learn piloting a ship but the skills for aerial acrobatics (for advanced maneuvers) requires you to have 80 points in Piloting... something the f2p cannot do. Yea they can get a ship and learn to pilot but won't be able to do something. 

Anyways... just wanted to throw the idea out there cause it seems like you're still thinking about the finances. 

Since this is a Welcome thread I'll start with a "Hello."

I seen this on E3 and I was instantly interested. I like the scifi aspect but I'm really in it for the MMO buildable sandbox world. I hope to one day get into this as a owner and operator for a space colony that I want to build. I've already got a lot of ideas for Lore and Roleplaying. 

I did look also at the options for monetizing the game and as someone that has played many different games I think the p2p option is great and it should be on a monthly basis with the options for 3 / 6 / 12 month buy in so people can optionally pay for a longer subscription cause sometimes we forget to pay every month or we got the money all at the beginning and want to just take care of it for a long period of time and rock the game. The f2p for a limited time option sounds like a teaser and it may work but it will bring alot of people that will only play until the f2p is timed out and then they quit. 

I play a game called Mortal and it has a interesting idea behind its f2p content in that it allows a f2p player the option to stay f2p for as long as they like but their access to skills is limited to 60% proficiency. Meaning a skill can not go over 60 cap where a p2p is allowed 60 for the same skill. The model follows that some skills are not able to be learned unless another skill is at a certain level - example - You can learn piloting a ship but the skills for aerial acrobatics (for advanced maneuvers) requires you to have 80 points in Piloting... something the f2p cannot do. Yea they can get a ship and learn to pilot but won't be able to do something. 

Anyways... just wanted to throw the idea out there cause it seems like you're still thinking about the finances. 

Welcome Wandering,

The limit thing is interesting, but if you are only limited on the max level of skills then most people wouldnt bother paying, especially at first. It was said somewhere that to do things like mining wont require skills, the skills would just improve your ability to do those task. Now most of us assume that doesnt carry on to making advanced modules like FTL drives and those will require skills, but it hasnt been confirmed. I think the model of a month free then P2P give you plenty of time to see if you like the game. And if they do like eve where the game is free, then you have no investment if you dont. 

Since I know it will be awesome (Im not giving them a choice) I will be signing up asap and helping with the kickstarter. 

Hi all! I did not see this at E3... instead it turned up in my YouTube stream with this discussion: 

I was impressed overall and then went to the website of course to check this out myself. I was impressed overall but, I had to share the YouTuber's worry about the whole single shard with a voxel based universe. I can only think that perhaps a cloud baseed server solution might work, but several other games are struggling with this now i.e. Star Citizen and Elite dangerous. I think they were shooting for 64 per shard so anything above this seems incredibly difficult.

I am excited to see what comes, and I will be contributing to the funding campaign.

Malient

All i can say is WOW!!! I cannot wait. I have been playing a similar game named Starmade for a while now. But this provides the more photo-realistic visuals i crave. I cannot wait until i have another space sim, voxel based mmo to sink my teeth into and continue building some of the most highly detailed ships this side of the galaxy.

Hi all. Long term space sim MMO player here. Looking forward to seeing this grow and very impressed with what I've seen so far.

Lots of respect guys, great work.

Mags

I am really looking forward to this!  I have been a long time EVE Capsuleer, I have put many hours into Empyrion, been playing Minecraft since The Halloween Update, veteran RPG (computer, console and table-top) player.  I am surprised I have found joy in sandbox games, I hope this turns out to be an awesome experience.  Many thanks to Novaquark for making life interesting and bringing some fresh ideas to the table.  I would love to be one of the first people to experience this and contribute to the experience!

I am really looking forward to this!  I have been a long time EVE Capsuleer, I have put many hours into Empyrion, been playing Minecraft since The Halloween Update, veteran RPG (computer, console and table-top) player.  I am surprised I have found joy in sandbox games, I hope this turns out to be an awesome experience.  Many thanks to Novaquark for making life interesting and bringing some fresh ideas to the table.  I would love to be one of the first people to experience this and contribute to the experience!

Welcome. :)

Hello, I'm a little late to the party. This game when completed will encompass all my dreams for a mmo. I'm vary excited at the prospect of useing creativity and combat in this game. Good luck can't wait to see its development.