Mobile push notifications

CodeGlitch0

Since this game will be cloud based for the single shard system, I would love to see integration with a mobile app and push notifications that can be set up to respond to in game events, such as a perimeter radar that notifies you immediately if someone comes in range or breaches your compound or ship.

That would provide the ultimate hook to lock me to the game. If I know someone is attacking my base, I would make every effort to be back on game as soon as possible to defend.

There was some talk of this with another app type thing for a 'security camera' or in-game camera system, however this system of radar or trip events seems to be a new thing to a lot of the survival games - well atleast I know a few that are looking at it, where it either pushes to an app or even e-mail. 

Link to said Discussion: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/659-in-game-cameras/

However, in linking that I realize it's a slightly different function, but combine the two with an in-game feed that you can opt in to watch to see numbers and such, it would be interesting. :) 

I'd like to have this capability linked with LUA, so that we could define our own events and push notifications.

A phone app to connect to the game could also be fantastic for in-game markets (And by fantastic I mean dangerously addictive).

Maybe some form of API system to pull information and allow those who are dangerously addicted to the game, to make applications for it. Or, you know, personal applications and websites for specific things. Of course, I'm unsure how feasible a connection with in-game LUA will be. 

Stolen EvE idea really, but it really has worked for a lot of the market applications, character monitoring, etc. 

There's a few good cloud providers I can think of, namely Azure, that have extremely good mobile support. If they develop the backend well and all of the Lua / DPUs run on the server, then it should be a simple matter of pushing an event name and a small bit of metadata to a queue. That would have minimal game impact (a couple network packets to a local service) and another service would costume and push the mobile notifications. It might work for define-your-own events, but I imagine there are only so many types of game events you would care about outside of the game: build complete, intruder detected, item sold/purchased, etc.

speaking from the only app i know that is tied to a mmo. i think this could be great on multiple levels. when i played runescape alot i use to have the runescape companion app. which while it didnt have quite the functions your mentioning only by virture of it didnt need to warn you of any incoming danger. the app was still able to be used to messaged friends and clan members who were playing the game while also being able to look at the games stock market and to sell and buy items from the market system.

Hehe, I was thinking about how this game will take up a large portion of my life if it lives up to the hype, and had a funny thought... What if in the context of the lore, every time we log off the game, we are really entering into a VR experience of the good old days back when Earth was not destroyed. And these push notifications are warnings for us to get back to reality because some serious things are happening in the 'real world'. Woah...

Hehe, I was thinking about how this game will take up a large portion of my life if it lives up to the hype, and had a funny thought... What if in the context of the lore, every time we log off the game, we are really entering into a VR experience of the good old days back when Earth was not destroyed. And these push notifications are warnings for us to get back to reality because some serious things are happening in the 'real world'. Woah...

For me it will probably come true xD

And i hope should such an app be released that it will be WP compatible. (pray to the devs)