"There are no limit in size?"

Jeronimo

no need to be so rude, all this (voxels, mmo, space, politic) is a big discovery for most members

you sometimes, even for me, hard to follow because very pointy, that is very precious during this pre alpha periode for dev team (if they read all what you posted)

dont expect all members have same knowledge as you, and sometimes you should find better words for your explainations

there are tons of absurdities and misjudgement in the forum, but its like that

please take more time to teach what you know and can bring us

yes, please pardon my rudeness. 

for your other post, it is an excellent idea, as it is easily feasible since voxels are baked anyway (i think).

whats the point in doing a lot more but no doing better?

NQ has developed their own single shard universe, very good!

But DU :

- has voxel build from landmark, and as demonstrated, the way is still long

- has scripting part from Second Life, simplified for better use for all of us

- has scifi infinite universe theme from EveO

Its like making a salad, you mixing all the good stuff you like, and put the right sauce on it

NQ single shard concept is that sauce, where everyone is like wow, so exited about, because it covers well the rest.

Do you really think will cover the after-taste of the rotten vegetables you put in your salad?

The point is exactly what you said. They are all in 1 place. Right now I can go to landmark to play with detailed voxels, space engineers or starmade to make spaceships, eve for a continuious play universe, but I have to do the seperatly. DU is giving us 1 game with them combined, plus more. You cant expect them to improve a single technology, while alao tying in a few more.

And DU isnt comming up with the single shard idea, what they are doing is combining single shard and single instance using their network algorithm.

Also you are assuming they arent doing it better. We havent even played the game yet, 25cm voxel limit doesnt mean better or worse. Remember you arent just building, but also flying these voxels. Let them get the game working, then theres time to add in smaller voxels later. Theres no point in going to a 1cm voxel if theres no game.

The point is exactly what you said. They are all in 1 place. Right now I can go to landmark to play with detailed voxels, space engineers or starmade to make spaceships, eve for a continuious play universe, but I have to do the seperatly. DU is giving us 1 game with them combined, plus more. You cant expect them to improve a single technology, while alao tying in a few more.

And DU isnt comming up with the single shard idea, what they are doing is combining single shard and single instance using their network algorithm.

Also you are assuming they arent doing it better. We havent even played the game yet, 25cm voxel limit doesnt mean better or worse. Remember you arent just building, but also flying these voxels. Let them get the game working, then theres time to add in smaller voxels later. Theres no point in going to a 1cm voxel if theres no game.

True and very true

but how many people you expect getting their most interest on all the contents reunited together, there are still a lot that will be focused on one

True and very true

but how many people you expect getting their most interest on all the contents reunited together, there are still a lot that will be focused on one

True, and theres some that wont care about the game at all but get joy out of ruining other peoples play.

NQ will have to see which aspects of the game are most desired and utilized, and improve and expand those as a priority.

That is why I like the P2P model, if NQ fails to do that subs will drop hurting the company. It keeps them looking at what the community would like. And if thats voxels smaller then 25cm so be it, Id like that too. But I want to see a functional game first to prove it can work and get a source of steady funding for them to keep developing.