Building in hostile environments.

Majestic

Sorry if it's a repeat thread, couldn't find anything on it though.

Building in hostile places could be a fun challenge, you would need specialized equipment/vehicle mods dependant on the hazard; pressure, toxicity, temperature, mobility etc if they end up in the game ofc.  More for the crafters to do.

It could be a viable way to hide something or defend it, a base or ship.

**Thinks** Blackhole movie...  Giant ship moored at the edge of the blackhole...

...will blackholes be a thing for that matter?

That would absolutely be an awesome way to add some variety and interesting aspects to the game. Make it difficult to have equipment, ships etc. on a planet, adding some depth just to make it that much cooler. Could have something like Venus, a hostile and acidic world where you couldn't obtain information on the surface from orbit due to cloud cover. So you gotta fly down to the surface to see what's there, and you find a hostile environment. Great place for smugglers.

right know there are not stuff like that (radiation, temperature, ...) but i guess wouldn't be too hard to add. 

this is implementation dependant, it is likely they thought they might need that in later times thus have provided for the hooks necessary to it, thus reducing the production cost.

The easiest way to implement would be to do it atmosphere relative as it would be detected anyways and would only need to be hooked on the enter/exit event. Then there is the whole damaging/post processing for the different illnesses/damages that would take the most time in that case but would be a fixed element separated from the implementation part.

I guess this would go under the heading of hostile environment.

I'd like to see an occasional random meteor streak through the sky and crash some place on the planet  hehe ... think Bounty hunter seeker droid from swg  . Have it do damage to what ever it hit. Maybe it could contain a bit of a resource in it as well, and people could mine it until used up.Wouldn't be much protection from something like this.

But for hostile players and creatures, have an armored mobile hauler with turret or two mounted on it, as well as squad of troops within ?

anyway, just think outloud again :)

Deacon