Let's arkify!

Hi there,

I am here to up the average age of new Alioth colonists nearing my 51st birthday. I played some years while travelling 'gallente space(and more)' and I enjoyed (and still do) other MMOs even longer. Dual Universe got my attention by reading some MMORPG.com news and here I am. I read every blog and now I will get used to this forum. I like forums and don't use other social media much. Might be a generation thingy :P

I do like to craft in every game. I don't need PvP to be happy but I might enjoy good fights. I hate gankers, scammers and the like you encounter so much in EvE. If everything works well, we will see how Dual will evolve concerning this points.

Oh, and I like good quests and stories. Dual might not be the game offering much of that. We'll see.

So let us get some money and tools and arkify the universe! :D

Willkommen, I hope to take a trip to my bloodlines homeland Deutschland and the Niederlande someday, though Ill need to start all over learning my deutsch.

Anyway, it's rare, however some of us younger people don't care much for the social media craze. I too stick to forums and more professional feeling sources of information.

I don't know how much arkification will happen, however there are a few organisations that should be able to provide you with many allies.

Welcome to the forums mate! :D 

Good stories will have to be made ;)

Hopefully there is more to the game. What good is a full galaxy to explore, if there is nothing to be curios or afraid of while doing it? ;)

Everybody likes some good mysteries to be found, fought or fled from...

After all most people pay a fee to be entertained, not to entertain others. I am leader of a MMO guild and most people in there won't jump into this position because they suddenly would have to do something. They just want to consume, enjoy and be taken care of. Some stories should be told by the game itself because there are much more gamers eager to react but to act on their own. B)

Willkommen, I hope to take a trip to my bloodlines homeland Deutschland and the Niederlande someday, though Ill need to start all over learning my deutsch.

Anyway, it's rare, however some of us younger people don't care much for the social media craze. I too stick to forums and more professional feeling sources of information.

I don't know how much arkification will happen, however there are a few organisations that should be able to provide you with many allies.

I am looking forward to it. I played EvE for years but I never joined any big force. Perhaps I will try a different path this time ;)

For a mere trip, you don't need to learn much german. And in NL even more people are able to respond in english. Don't worry!

If you intend to create an organisation (guild / corp) and might be looking for a semi-permanent form of alliance, I suggest you check out Comrademoco's Galactic Republic of Planets, or Astrophil and myselfs Cinderfall Syndicate.

It's still early and we're all awaiting new information on how the organisations will be able to function in the game, so some details are not very clear yet.

I might be. Currently I just want to be part of the community and watch how the game is shaping up. I have accompanied quite some alphas and betas during the last 17 years. I will just listen and watch and learn. Corporations, guilds and organisations will have to wait at least for a late beta. :)

Hi there,

I am here to up the average age of new Alioth colonists nearing my 51st birthday. I played some years while travelling 'gallente space(and more)' and I enjoyed (and still do) other MMOs even longer. Dual Universe got my attention by reading some MMORPG.com news and here I am. I read every blog and now I will get used to this forum. I like forums and don't use other social media much. Might be a generation thingy :P

Welcome, I am also trying to raise that age average ;)  I will be 46 this year, us old timers need to stick together.  I also have always preferred forums, probably from my BBS history.