Sounds too good to be true!!! o_o

dakdyder

So I have a few questions just to make sure this game is what I'm thinking it sounds like...;

1. Will the capital / flagships in the trailer be completely voxel-editable / rendered (as in Space Engineers complexity)? How many of them can be rendered at one point in the game at once? Can the voxels be destroyed seperately or will they be integrated as a combined entity to reduce processing load?

2. What would be the player cap of the servers/realms?

3. Would making ships require materials? How are the materials gathered?

4. Will there be unlockable Parts/Weapons/Materials(rare ores, etc.) or does every player start out with every part available? Would blueprints for parts/weapons/tools be tradeable?

5. Will there be PvE content other than a gathering system? (Missions, Quests, Jobs, Storylines, AI-ships/NPCs?)

6. Does rebuild civilization mean it's an entirely co-op game?

7. Will there be a territorial conquest system (to protect resource nodes, etc.) or would it be completely player-driven?

8. Will you lose your ship along with all it's cargo to another player when you die, or is everything destroyed completely? Or is the ship destroyed, but not the cargo, to be lootable?

9. I saw a character in the tutorial. Will there be accessible content for shipless characters? Would you be stranded on whatever planet you crashed on? Would there be a way for them to make enough to buy a ship or parts?

10. Will there be neutral areas with market/faction-recruitment acces on every planet, or will everything be owned by some faction or player?

11. If your character dies, will you be teleported to the same area every time, or will you have to find a way to get back?

12. Will there be an /all chat in each realm/area? Will there be faction chat, private chat?

13. How would one percieve the name of the person or faction that owns something one came across? Will ships/stations be target-able and name-able (or maybe scan-able by a gps tool)? 

That is all I can think of right now. I would really love to hear more from the developers. It sounds like this could be become a huge mmorpg like EVE, but then on a way more immersive level.

1. all ships will be made by the players and presumably editable by players seeing as they made them with voxels and elements. no idea on the maximum number of rendered ships in an area yet, not sure on how voxel destruction is going to work.

2. this is going to be a single shard MMO, i assume no player cap.

3. not a lot of info yet, we assume mats will be gathered by digging in the ground or mining asteroid after we get to space.

4. seems there will be unlockable stuff, as its beens aid it will take us months to gain the tech to make spacecraft after release.

5. not sure on PVE yet, but i think its safe to assume there will be at least some.

6. this is going to be a sandbox MMO, you play co op if you want to or lone wolf if thats your thing.

7. yes, world is divided into 1 km hex's and you can install a territory unit to gain control of a hex. you will also be able to attack other peoples territories.

8. not really sure yet, havent seen a whole lot on that topic yet.

9. yes plenty of content for play without your ship...seeing as they said they want it to take over a month for people to progress to the point where they can build a ship.  i would assume there will be something for us to do before we can build a ship.

10. im sure there will be someway to set your spawn point to the base you have built.

11. havent seen much info in comms systems yet.

12. not sure yet.

13. sort of sounds like they are thinking of going with a system similar to eve.

if i where i would take some time to browse through the devblogs as they go into a lot more detail on these topics.

Thx magna that clears up a lot. Thanks for the quick replies guys. Yeah I will look into the devblog... It seems to hold entries back from 2014 and it explains a lot behind the single shard universe and stuff. Interesting.

8. Will you lose your ship along with all it's cargo to another player when you die, or is everything destroyed completely? Or is the ship destroyed, but not the cargo, to be lootable?

A ship is a construct. You can either kill the player, while the ship is still operating, or you destroy the ship thus killing the player if he is not wearing any suit to protect him. Imagine a large ship, with some dozen people operating it. You crack open the hull, enter and 'conquer' it. All of this should be possible.

11. If your character dies, will you be teleported to the same area every time, or will you have to find a way to get back?

You will be revived in the arkship if you had not setup a very expensive ressurrection something. Its in the blogs somewhere. You may have plenty of them stationed in a ressurrection ship for a whole fleet...